RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Brainmap on Drugs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Mixtures of excess fast and slow activity is a frequent medication impact on the EEG when read clinically by a neurologist. Medications can certainly affect a clinical EEG or a quantitative EEG. I presume it could also impact a TLC assessment. Ed HamlinMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Dear Ed,

Would you please elaborate on this a bit or provide some references to reading material? I just did an assessment on a person who's taking 13 different medications (egads!).

Thank you!

Tamera

Dear Ed,

Would you please elaborate on this a bit or provide some references to reading material? I just did an assessment on a person who's taking 13 different medications (egads!).

Thank you!

Tamera

Hi Tamera,

My info comes from the medical reviews we have performed on all of our EEG acquisitions for qEEGs. In the review there is a frequent finding of mixed fast and slow activity excesses consistent with psychotropic medications. These are the neurologists associated with Q-Metrx who are typically faculty at UCLA Med Ctr. Q-Metrx may still have a white paper available on their website on medication effects on the EEG. It is certainly worth examining if it is still available. It amazes me that we, in the neurofeedback field are constantly assailed for our lack of empirical research when, of course, there is not a single study showing the efficacy of poly-polypharmacy. Most studies comparing monotherapy with polypharmacy have shown the latter to be no better. Nonetheless, it is very common to see people on 4 or more. Without the medications being present a finding of the mixed fast and slow activity excesses would typically be regarded as encephalopathic. Amazing. Ed

Re: Re: Brainmap on Drugs

Dear Ed,

Thank you!

Tamera

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations including songs for the holidays FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!