RemedySpot.com

Re: focus not connecting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Barbra,WOW! How did you manage to get the HASP driver to work?!If you are getting the connected/connecting signal with sync errors, that is often related to the cable (sounds like it's shorting in and out). If you are getting Connected--even for a short period--then that would seem to indicate that the cable installation is okay and it is on the correct COM port.

I just finished working with someone here in Brazil who had this kind of behavior. We tried everything I could think of (at a distance). Finally someone nearby looked at the system and said the cable looked loose. She bought a new cable and the system works perfectly now. If it is possible to get a Serial/USB adaptor with a relatively long cable, that's idea, since it removes the requirement for a second cable. The other option is to connect the adaptor to the Focus and use a USB/USB extension cable (instead of a serial cable) to run to the computer. Those are more common, easier to find, cheap and probably less likely to introduce a problem with high data flows like the Focus produces.

Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.

Hi

I finally got my BE to open, and the Hasp to be reconized by my vista.

I followed the steps to install the focus. However, when BE is trying

to connect to the focus it flashes between connected and connecting

with an error flashing next to it " sync error "