RemedySpot.com

Re: left temporal EMG and hi beta

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Jan,

sessions have you run?

If you have 5 sessions, you might plot the evolution graph and get a bigger picture:

Has she made a change tendency in fast wave or slow wave amplitudes?

Is there any other dynamic in the graphs? for example, increase in amplitudes at T3 (12-18) - T4 (10-15)?

Another global question (to be in context with How many sessions you have run so far):

You say she has relieved symptoms with this training. Is this symptom lasting between sessions?

How many sessions a week? Finally,

How is her sleep pattern responding to training?

Small phenomenon can be less disturbing when we put it in context of global perspective.

Physiology changes.

Life/Sensitivity changes.

(I'm speaking "practically" here. The phenomenon itself is INTERESTING and worth further study for the scientifically minded).

Especially not a problem, if this is one of the moments that she feels very good.

Anyhow, I hope this serves more as a vote of confidence from a perspective of GLOBAL / BIG PICTURE CHANGES.

I look forward to reading your responses to the above.

Empower. Employ, ENJOY!

left temporal EMG and hi beta

Hello list,I am training a 50y old women for fibromyalgy-like symptoms (low energy, busy mind, irritable, sore muscles, and overreacting to any sensory stimulation, even the ticking of the clock). We are doing a WSq training at T3 (12-18) - T4 (10-15), that gives relieve of symptoms. We trained at a fixed threshold of 30, last week lowering it to 25 because of improvements.We do 6 trials of 5 minutes each per session. My equipment is Biograph Infiniti.A few things happen, that I cannot explain:a. Sometimes the EEG shows a sudden and significant raise in high frequency (52-58Hz) at the left temporal (and not at the right). The amplitude is oscillates around 7 or 8. This leaks into the lower beta regions of the EEG, and a change in threshold is necessary (sometimes to 50) in order to receive any reward. b. Sometimes there is this raise in left temporal hi beta but NOT accompanied by increase in 52-58 Hz. That is: 18-38 is extremely high, but the EMG amplitude stays under, say, 4 or 5... During these trials she reacts very good at feedback and the 5 second histogram always shows a wonderful decline of hi beta. Her mental trick is: 'let it go...' c. During other trials (always 5 minute) 18-38 as well as 52-58 is more proportional to the right site.Artifact tests did not give a clue. We tested facial muscles, cheeks, neck and shoulder with son tecnniques but the EEG doesnot react at it as much as during the spontaneous surges that I described. Equipment errors can be ruled out, as the problem isnot there all the time.It seems that inter-trail overactivity (talking a lot, as if she wants to empty her busy mind) sometimes predict these hi beta surges, though I am not sure.My client usually has more pain in left shoulder and neck, which becomes worse during the second half of the training period. However, she confuses muscle tension with muscle soreness. If this left side pain is because of chronic high muscle tone, it should come from the right cortex... Anybody who can offer an explanation?Thanks,Jan Schene, health psychologistHaarlemNederland