RemedySpot.com

OT: Would you recommend a Nintendo DS?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just wondering if any of you have bought this for your kids? We are considering buying one for to play with, he's pretty good with all his toys but this is (unfortunately) what kids his age are playing with. We are going to let him work towards playing with it on a token system so his time will be quite limited!

I've had a look through the games and I have to say, for a 4 1/2 year old, it looks like there are only the action adventure type of games. We aren't really keen on him playing only those so are there any other games, like number, word, maths, board games, etc (he really enjoys those things) that are age appropriate?

Thanks if anyone has any advice, I don't want to regret buying one for him.

Darla

----- Original Message -----

Darla wrote:> Just wondering if any of you have bought this for your kids?

===>Ours has had a Nintendo DS for a couple of years and she loves it. It's good for concentration and fine motor control. There are a variety of games with familiar cartoon characters as well as academic games.

She also has a Wii, and a lot of the attachments that go along with it, i.e. balance board and the new voice activated games. Good for gross and fine motor control although less educational.

I have played the Wii games with her and they are a great workout.

We are > considering buying one for to play with, he's pretty good with > all his toys but this is (unfortunately) what kids his age are playing > with. We are going to let him work towards playing with it on a token > system so his time will be quite limited!> > I've had a look through the games and I have to say, for a 4 1/2 year > old, it looks like there are only the action adventure type of games. > We aren't really keen on him playing only those so are there any other > games, like number, word, maths, board games, etc (he really enjoys > those things) that are age appropriate?> > Thanks if anyone has any advice, I don't want to regret buying one for > him.> > Darla> > ---------------------------------------------------------->>> No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.12/1823 - Release Date: 01/12/2008 19:59>>

===>Ours has had a Nintendo DS for a couple of years and she loves it. It's good for concentration and fine motor control. There are a variety of games with familiar cartoon characters as well as academic games.

She also has a Wii, and a lot of the attachments that go along with it, i.e. balance board and the new voice activated games. Good for gross and fine motor control although less educational.

We are > considering buying one for to play with, he's pretty good with > all his toys but this is (unfortunately) what kids his age are playing > with. We are going to let him work towards playing with it on a token > system so his time will be quite limited!> > I've had a look through the games and I have to say, for a 4 1/2 year > old, it looks like there are only the action adventure type of games. > We aren't really keen on him playing only those so are there any other > games, like number, word, maths, board games, etc (he really enjoys > those things) that are age appropriate?> > Thanks if anyone has any advice, I don't want to regret buying one for > him.> > Darla> > ---------------------------------------------------------->>> No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.12/1823 - Release Date: 01/12/2008 19:59>>