RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: OT what is your weekly food bill - need ti...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

LOL I wondered at £10!!!

I have been spending about £150 for four of us and know its down to organic.

I am cutting back as much as possible now though doing lots of casseroles, mince meals, turkey mince and meat is quite good value and has the plus of being a source of tryptophan, also banana's if tolerated, cheapish fruit, tryptophan, low oxalate and more filling than many dearer fruits.

I buy proper butter but spread very thinly, home made burgers with chips for once a week treat is cheap and cheerful. Organic freerange eggs are horribly expensive so no baking here, and thankfully not a sweet tooth home. So eggs weekends only. We are low carb so GF bread is not on the menu, I buy regular Hovis and again a loaf lasts about a week due to unable to eat lots of bread in any case.

We do go through a lot of green tea though, lots of water in between, but still they like their tea in here, and I drink coke, one bottle a week, for me only because of the sugar.

Tried Liddle but couldn't find anything at all I would be happy giving to the children, so just more imaginative and economic with the good stuff.

Vicky