RemedySpot.com

RUQ pain w/ complex hx-Q

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everyone, I would love some input on this case:35 yo female seeking preconception supportHx: Total thyroidectomy post dx of papillary carcinoma @ age 27Chemo and radiation tx for Hodgkins

lymphoma stage 2- "complete resolution of dz" @ age 31Synthroid 100 mcg/ day, several yrs of OCP's d/c'd as of 6 months agoPt is monitored by her docs in Italy and all blood work in the last 3 yrs has been normal and they have given her the go ahead to try to conceive (Yikes!)Currently she feels well (with one exception, described below), exercises moderately, abstains from dairy and sugar and consumes minimal gluten. She does COP's, B- complex, pre-natal multi, and sees a reflexologist weekly. Her only complaint is recurrent RUQ pain that started right after her chemo and radiation tx was completed. She

has been seen by a gastro and all bloodwork, US, and gastroscopy were WNL. She has no constipation or diarrhea. She describes her sx's as follows:The pain, it is really kind of all day on and off. Sometimes when I wake up I am nauseus but it passes after eating, then sometimes the pain is more severe before meals on an empty stomach. This is usually a dry, stabbing pain. I also notice a stitch in my side if I walk too fast, especially after eating. There is also colicky pain, usually after eating, and gas....so....Other than nausea if on an empty stomach i have no other symptoms. The pain in the upper right quadrant is usually a stinging, piercing pain which is off and on for 2 -3 minutes at a time, while I have colicky pains lower right and left sometimes. The pain is more frequent and severe recently but still similar to the pain we have discussed in the past. Whenever I drink wine, the pain disappears!!!My tx plans have included: rotating seedsB complexprobioticscod liver oilCarlson's DHA/ EPAMagnelevuresCOP'sUndas 1, 10, 1000RosmarinusRibes nigrumChaste tree extract 160 mg/ dayI know this woman could use some serious drainage, miasm balancing, etc but I am having a hard time reeling her into that long term treatment plan.... so I am trying to do what I can with where she is! I am looking for specific thoughts on the RUQ pain. I would like to get her on more Undas as I believe she can get them from the pharmacy in Italy. I think I will just stick with liver liver liver for a while to

come, but really would just love some thoughts on WHY she is having these episodes. Any thoughts on the pattern of pain?Your input is much appreciated! Jeannie Dr. Jeannie Achuff, NDSage Clinic, BCOriginsofHealthNaturalMedicine.com