RemedySpot.com

SMR/beta SMR/theta

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi folks, Is anybody who can email me an SMR/bet and SMR/theta designs in Bioexplorer? Do anybody knows if there are other parameters (training time or particular placements) thar are of particular use with certain dysfunctions? thank you mikebraintrainer wrote: BrainTrainer Messages In This Digest (21 Messages) 1a. uploaded file From: Van Deusen 1b. BIG EEG SIGNAL From: Mihail Batakis 1c. Re: BIG EEG SIGNAL From: Van Deusen 2a. Sweet Spot Fine Tuning From: Gretchen 2b. Re: Sweet Spot Fine Tuning From: karenduncan@... 2c. Re: Sweet Spot Fine Tuning From: blueartcat 2d. Re: Sweet Spot Fine Tuning From: blueartcat 2e. Re: Sweet Spot Fine Tuning From: karenduncan@... 3a. daydreaming during neurofeedback sessions... From: cmgarvey 3b. Re: daydreaming during neurofeedback sessions... From: Wheelihan-Dasher 3c. Re: daydreaming during neurofeedback sessions... From: Merrifield, Ph.D. 3d. Re: daydreaming during

neurofeedback sessions... From: Kristiansson Roth 3e. Re: daydreaming during neurofeedback sessions... From: Chambers 3f. Re: daydreaming during neurofeedback sessions... From: Van Deusen 4a. Poughkeepsie area NF provider From: Eure 4b. Re: Poughkeepsie area NF provider From: cintilady47 5.1. Re: Protocol Decision Trees From: R. 6. T3, hi-beta rises with eyes open. From: Jimmy Ekgren 7. Used biofeedback/neurofeedback equipment for sale. From: Gaul 8.1. Arousal Scale From:

Mark Baddeley 9. Looking for trainers From: Van Deusen View All Topics | Create New Topic Messages 1a.

uploaded file Posted by: " Van Deusen" pvdtlc@... pe1746 Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:11 am (PST) In the Files section of this group, I have placed a BE Design called 2Ccomp.bxd. This is a comparison of filtered and unfiltered signals in theSpectrum Analyzer and Oscilloscope displays in BioExplorer. It is ofspecial interest to thos who are using QDS or Brainquiry amplifiers which donot have high and low pass filters in the hardware. I use the design to seehow good a connection is--and how much electromagnetic noise is in

thesignal--before training. It also gives a model for those who wish to "cleanup" their displays when using these amplifiers and a model for an EMGmeasure (with the QDS Focus, which has a 128 Hz bandwidth).There are Design Notes (in the Design menu, choose Notes) that explain thedesign and how it can be used.Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlcgmailhttp://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc. Back to top Reply to sender |

Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (3) 1b. BIG EEG SIGNAL Posted by: "Mihail Batakis" mihail_batakis@... mihail_batakis Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:48 pm (PST) Hello Folks,What does it mean if the raw eeg signal is a big number suah as 6000?Also what does it mean if the low frequency 1-4 hz is more than 200 while the others is still around 10-15?I suppose that there is something wrong with the attached electrodes but what exactly?It could be useful for beginners to have a way to know the expected range frequency (min-max) of each band so to be sure that all things works ok (regardeless individual's measurements)mike---------------------------------Sent from Yahoo! & #45; a smarter inbox. Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (3) 1c. Re: BIG EEG SIGNAL Posted by: " Van Deusen" pvdtlc@... pe1746 Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:27 am (PST) Mike,This is most likely a sign of a very poor connection to the scalp. You maynot have prepped the sites well or very possibly got a lot of

hair under theelectrode or some combination of the two. You may also want to make sureyou are working with an electrical system that is grounded properly.If you are using a laptop, try using on battery power.Try putting your active electrode on the forehead, where there is no hairwith your reference on one ear and ground on the other. See if the signalgets better.PeteOn Jan 11, 2008 5:48 AM, Mihail Batakis <mihail_batakisyahoo (DOT) co.uk> wrote:> What does it mean if the raw eeg signal is a big number such as 6000?> Also what does it mean if the low frequency 1-4 hz is more than 200 while> the others is still around 10-15?> I suppose that there is something wrong with the attached electrodes but> what exactly?> It could be useful for beginners to have a way to know the expected range> frequency (min-max) of each band

so to be sure that all things works ok> (regardeless individual's measurements)> mike> .>> >-- Van Deusenpvdtlcgmailhttp://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc. Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (3) 2a. Sweet Spot Fine Tuning Posted by: "Gretchen" blueartcat@... blueartcat Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:10 am (PST) Regarding the "sweet spot" - I have a client with pretty darn hot temporals (among other things in her TLC) in both beta and hibeta, who is also pretty sensitive. She didn't do well with any of the windowed squashes I tried (looked great onscreen, but made her very emotional), even for short sessions. She does very well with the Othmer T3/T4, with a reward at 8.5-11.5. It reduced/eliminated all issues with sleep, anxiety and depression. EXCEPT, it makes her very scattered! I have tried upping the reward (to 9.0-12.0), and she gets emotionally overwhelmed again. Lower rewards make the scatteredness worse. I've also tried different electrode sites with this approach, which have not helped.So, is this an example of "tightening" (make it less than 3Hz big) that reward band to see if we can maintain the emotional and

sleep benefits, and reduce the scatteredness? How does one approach this - any clues based on the info above?I will mention also, that this client was told by an acupuncturist that she has "crossed meridians". Her experience with anti-depressants is that they send her lower and make her sleepier, and light therapy puts her to sleep. I've noticed that with the windowed squashes, the abundant high frequencies reduce, but she gets very depressed, as a result. THANKS!Gretchen__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (5) 2b. Re: Sweet Spot Fine Tuning Posted by: "karenduncan@..." karenduncan@... kardun2003 Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:15 am (PST) Gretchen~Have you tried doing the full squash at T3 T4 and not using a reward? I have found this to be helpful

sometimes and it limits the negative reactions.~--------- SV: Protocol Decision Trees> I use Sue Othmers protocol decision tree extensively and it works beautifully. It is, in my opinion, absolutely not recommended to be used without attending to a course learning Othmers approach. But used in a proper way it is a very powerful tool to be used with many disorders. > Regards> Erlend> Norway> > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --> > Fra: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. com [mailto: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. com] På vegne av Øystein Larsen> Sendt: 1. januar 2008 20:43> Til: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. com> Emne: Re: Protocol Decision Trees> The best I ever seen was made by

Othmer...I suppose Siegfried Othmer is in this forum from time to time..> or you can have a look at their website http://www.eeginfo. com/> best from Øystein...)> > > 2007/12/31, NICK MAMMANO <nickmammano@ yahoo.com>: > I was not aware that there were protocol decision trees devised by trainers on this site. They are a great idea and, on reflection, I should not have been surprised that it is being done, and probably continues to be done. > Are they proprietary -- even in an informal sense? > I have no interest in them personally because I'm a home trainer with one "client". For most others on the list they clearly provide a quick and convenient way to select a reasonable or effective protocol(s) in any given situation. > > I know that the phrase "scientific credibility" makes some people on this list shudder but sharing and

comparing listmember's protocols is a great systematic way to continuously winnow out the "bad", or less effective. ones and improve on those that work. > > Not quite the same as a "double-blind study", refereed and published in a publication with some credibility, but considering the (to me) baffling resistance to that kind of study, it's the next best thing. > nick mammano PhD. Chemical Physics > (title listed so you know "where I'm coming from")> Can anyone share their protocol decesion trees with me. I want to > compare them with mine.> Thanks> --Chris> > > > > > -- > LCSW Øystein Larsen> mob.+47 90143389> fax. +47 33462750> Biofeedback in Scandinavia> Clinics, training and equipment> Thought Technology> Roshi > > > > > > > > > --

> Van Deusen> pvdtlcgmail (DOT) com> http://www.brain- trainer.com> 305/433-3160> The Learning Curve, Inc. > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (36) 6. T3, hi-beta rises with eyes open. Posted by: "Jimmy Ekgren" j-ekgren@... jimmez68 Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:26 pm (PST) Hi, I am working with a fellow who wants to be more relaxed and have

more energy. He often falls out of conversations and has constant stomach pains. His T3 and T4, EC (eyes closed) measurements seem fine, but T3, hi-beta, EO (eyes open) seems high. At T3, hi-beta rises from 4 uv (EC), to 12 uv (EO). T4 remains the same EC and EO.Has anyone seen this before? I assume it could be related to some sort of anxiety issue/ social phobia. He also mentions that he has difficulty recalling past events. So far we've done T3/A1/g/T4/A2(L), 23-38 hz squish (EO). Is it important to train down T3 eyes open before trying any of the other options in the training plan?Can one for example example train relaxation thru smr % up at C4/A2 (or C3/C4) before the T3 issue is resolved? What about training down T3/A1 23-38 hz, and smr% up C4/A2 at the same time?Measurements: Hi-beta, ECT3 = 4 uv, 8,3% (beta peak 19 hz)T4 = 4 uv, 10% (beta peak

19 hz)Hibeta, EOT3 = 12 uv (beta peak 26 hz)T4 = 4 uv (beta peak 26 hz)Other findings: SMR = 6%, peak alpha = 8.8, F/B beta reversals L/R beta reversalsbeta peak is high all over in EO. T/B ratios between 3 - 6 Burnt out cingulateAlpha attenuates with 75 % from EC to EO (Too much alpha, EC, relating to tension and pain?)Thanks, Jim Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1) 7. Used biofeedback/neurofeedback equipment for sale. Posted by: " Gaul" aaron@... releaseideas Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:06 pm (PST) I used this for a short research project of my own and now I wouldlike to sell the equipment. Please let me know if you know of anyoneinterested.You can view all the equipment and price at www.quietmindcafe.com/biofeedback.html GaulGaulGmailwww.QuietMindCafe.com Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1) 8.1. Arousal Scale Posted by: "Mark Baddeley" baddeley@... baddeley2934 Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:36 pm (PST) Thank you. This contribution is highly appreciated.Mark Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (32) 9. Looking for trainers Posted by: " Van Deusen" pvdtlc@... pe1746 Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:38 am (PST) Two things I need.Anyone know of a good trainer--particularly one with experience in workingthe learning

disabilities--in the Miami area?Is there anyone who uses a Pendant and BE in FL (Miami or Orlando areas) whowould be willing to show it briefly to some folks from Italy who will betraveling in FL in January?Please back-channel me at pvdtlcgmail.Thanks,Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlcgmailhttp://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc. Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1) Recent Activity 9 New Members 1 New FilesVisit Your Group Yahoo! Health Fit for Life Getting fit is now easier than ever. Popular Y! Groups Is your group one? Check it out and see. Women of Curves on Yahoo! Groups see how women are changing their lives. Need to Reply? Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest. Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web Messages | Calendar MARKETPLACE Earn your degree in as few as 2 years - Advance your career with an AS, BS, MS degree - College-Finder.net. Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Yahoo! Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.