RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Would breast milk for an older child be benefi...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I kick myself for breast feeding Harry (my only child i breastfeed) with 13 amalgams and now knowing how much they leak but then what would be the alternative bottle milk, which when i did give it too him started the cascade into ezcema, it was the same with goats milk & soya milk. If i had my time again knowing what i know now, im not sure what i would do to be honest, maybe a homemade nursing milk if there is such a thing.

x

To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: mysuperteach@...Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:09:16 +0000Subject: Re: Would breast milk for an older child be benefi...

Sorry. I was thinking of me, and I breastfed my first two for a long time and it was only good for them. Third child with ASD didn't become that way because of anything in the breastmilk. So, if someone suspects that one of the causes of their child's health problems was passed through feeding, then it would be something to take in to account carefully, for sure.But, if the situation is like mine, where I think part of ds's downfall was that he weaned himself (after getting his MMR while still recovering from chicken pox) too early at 13 months, then yes I would recommend it. Shattock has spoken at TA conferences about his experience interviewing Islamic mothers who breastfed until two year, and the average age of regression for those kids is much later than in other places, where breastfeeding doens't last nearly as long in general.Anita>> Potential hurt would be that whatever is in mother's breasmilk might have> been passed on to child to cause/contribute to autism, and if still there> could make it worse. Speculative of course but in theory very possible.> > Natasa> > > > > Colleen> > look on the bright side what hurt can it cause? I do not know of any> > .....even to yourself my sister in law breast fed my niece up to a little> > bit> > after 12 months without no risk for her health as long as you eat properly> > you the basics of breastfeeding ....> >> > >

Both my kids started to speak after I stopped long-term breast feeding (by long term I mean years not months) - my eldest stopped breastfeeding on her 3rd birthday and within a week started to talk. Co incidence? Who knows....Could't be a bigger fan of the benefits of breastfeeding -'there are so many - but i guess the likelihood of there being unwanted added extras in there may be pretty high. I'll never know for myself and wished I'd had my milk analysed for stuff like mercury etc...SharonSent from mye iPhone

Well I would have said the same as Channa and when I had another child when my ASD child was almost 8 I kept turning this over in my mind as well. Then I read a story of a mum who managed to get breast milk for her autistic son (not her own milk, I forget how she obtained it) and she believes it did amazing things for him. So I decided to give it a try and express milk for my ASD child. Unfortunately I have never had much success with expressing and whether with a top-of-the-range pump or various hand expressing methods I could never get enough to really make it worth it (too much hard work for too little, it became far too time consuming for me) so we stopped without seeing any benefits - he never really got very much.

I strongly believe that for the vast majority of babies the advantages of breastfeeding FAR outweigh any disadvantages. However I accept there will be exceptions to the general rule. With my last born I have continued to breastfeed him and he is 3 now. I am much more aware of the benefits of long term breastfeeding this time around and this last child seems very strong and healthy (long term breast fed, no vaccines) I also noticed my ASD son regress and develop all manner of problems when I stopped breastfeeding at a year. I do believe he would have been better off had I continued. It is well known in developing countries that children start getting sick much more once breastfeeding ends.

Charlotte

>

> i have talked to countless moms who said there kids health detiorated after stopping breast milk...this happened to my own son as well he was healthy and thriving till i stopped breastfeeding...i had read even with a toxic mother the unique healing qualitys of breastmilk far outwiegh the other toxins....this is what i have read from many places and considering what happened to myself and others i believe this to be true...i would give my right arm if i could produce breast milk again for my son. bbut hey thats just me

> channa

>

Both my kids started to speak after I stopped long-term breast feeding (by long term I mean years not months) - my eldest stopped breastfeeding on her 3rd birthday and within a week started to talk. Co incidence? Who knows....Could't be a bigger fan of the benefits of breastfeeding -'there are so many - but i guess the likelihood of there being unwanted added extras in there may be pretty high. I'll never know for myself and wished I'd had my milk analysed for stuff like mercury etc...SharonSent from mye iPhone

Well I would have said the same as Channa and when I had another child when my ASD child was almost 8 I kept turning this over in my mind as well. Then I read a story of a mum who managed to get breast milk for her autistic son (not her own milk, I forget how she obtained it) and she believes it did amazing things for him. So I decided to give it a try and express milk for my ASD child. Unfortunately I have never had much success with expressing and whether with a top-of-the-range pump or various hand expressing methods I could never get enough to really make it worth it (too much hard work for too little, it became far too time consuming for me) so we stopped without seeing any benefits - he never really got very much.

I strongly believe that for the vast majority of babies the advantages of breastfeeding FAR outweigh any disadvantages. However I accept there will be exceptions to the general rule. With my last born I have continued to breastfeed him and he is 3 now. I am much more aware of the benefits of long term breastfeeding this time around and this last child seems very strong and healthy (long term breast fed, no vaccines) I also noticed my ASD son regress and develop all manner of problems when I stopped breastfeeding at a year. I do believe he would have been better off had I continued. It is well known in developing countries that children start getting sick much more once breastfeeding ends.

Charlotte

>

> i have talked to countless moms who said there kids health detiorated after stopping breast milk...this happened to my own son as well he was healthy and thriving till i stopped breastfeeding...i had read even with a toxic mother the unique healing qualitys of breastmilk far outwiegh the other toxins....this is what i have read from many places and considering what happened to myself and others i believe this to be true...i would give my right arm if i could produce breast milk again for my son. bbut hey thats just me

> channa

>

Charlotte

>

> channa

>