RemedySpot.com

Recent blood test results (Was RE: Sudden weight loss, (etc))

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks. I found some blood test results from 22 December. I was told by the

hospital everything was fine with the results but I do note that some of his

results are right towards the bottome of the reference ranges eg:

WBC was 4.1 (ref 4- 13)

Lymphocytes 1.51 (ref 1.5 -6.8)

I know Tegretol can produce Neutropaenia - so I wonder what is happening with

his WBC.

His thyroid results on 22/12 were

TSH 2.5 (ref 0.35- 5.5)

Free T4 11.9 (ref 10 - 19.8)

Margaret

> >

> >

> > Hi Margaret

> >

> > First thing that springs to mind is chloesterol, have you had his checked

lately, i was reading (only the other day) ina's story (Dr Shaw's

step daughter) its at the bottom of the page on following link, might be worth

getting tested for it.

> >

> > http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/cholesterol.asp

> >

> > x

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe

> > From: m.collins9@

> > Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 20:39:35 +0000

> > Subject: Sudden weight loss, yellowing skin and

lassitude and pallor - help, please?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Reports from school and a visitor to school yesterday say H has yellow hands

and feet , perhaps body, too. Also yawning, lassitude, pallor and constantly

asking for food. And the visitor said he's lost a lot of weight since they last

saw him 2 weeks ago. (He looked fine on Monday. as far as I was concerned.)

> >

> > I and the epilepsy nurse at Addenbrooke's have persuaded the school to take

him to the doc and get a liver function test tomorrow morning.

> >

> > I am very worried it could be the Tegretol or something else serious. He

went off Monday morning just fine.

> >

> > He's been on the GAPS diet for 4 months and has slowly lost a bit of excess

weight and his pot belly went down - but this sounds worrying.

> > Any ideas, please? He's not on many supplements.

> >

> > If necessary I shall whisk him off to hospital (A & E five minutes away)when

he gets home mid afternoon.

> > Margaret

> >

>

Guest guest

In terms of an adult his FT4 is quite low so I wouldn't rule out thyroid. Any sort of stress, from inside and from outside can upset the thyroid. To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent:

Friday, 9 March 2012, 8:14 Subject: Recent blood test results (Was RE: Sudden weight loss, (etc))

Thanks. I found some blood test results from 22 December. I was told by the hospital everything was fine with the results but I do note that some of his results are right towards the bottome of the reference ranges eg:

WBC was 4.1 (ref 4- 13)

I know Tegretol can produce Neutropaenia - so I wonder what is happening with his WBC.

TSH 2.5 (ref 0.35- 5.5)

Margaret

> >

> >

> > Hi Margaret

> >

> > First thing that springs to mind is chloesterol, have you had his checked lately, i was reading (only the other day) ina's story (Dr Shaw's step daughter) its at the bottom of the page on following link, might be worth getting tested for it.

> >

> >

> > x

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Subject: Sudden weight loss, yellowing skin and lassitude and pallor - help, please?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Reports from school and a visitor to school yesterday say H has yellow hands and feet , perhaps body, too. Also yawning, lassitude, pallor and constantly asking for food. And the visitor said he's lost a lot of weight since they last saw him 2 weeks ago. (He looked fine on Monday. as far as I was concerned.)

> >

> > I and the epilepsy nurse at Addenbrooke's have persuaded the school to take him to the doc and get a liver function test tomorrow morning.

> >

> > I am very worried it could be the Tegretol or something else serious. He went off Monday morning just fine.

> >

> > He's been on the GAPS diet for 4 months and has slowly lost a bit of excess weight and his pot belly went down - but this sounds worrying.

> >

> > If necessary I shall whisk him off to hospital (A & E five minutes away)when he gets home mid afternoon.

> > Margaret

> >

>

Guest guest

In terms of an adult his FT4 is quite low so I wouldn't rule out thyroid. Any sort of stress, from inside and from outside can upset the thyroid. To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent:

Friday, 9 March 2012, 8:14 Subject: Recent blood test results (Was RE: Sudden weight loss, (etc))

Thanks. I found some blood test results from 22 December. I was told by the hospital everything was fine with the results but I do note that some of his results are right towards the bottome of the reference ranges eg:

WBC was 4.1 (ref 4- 13)

I know Tegretol can produce Neutropaenia - so I wonder what is happening with his WBC.

TSH 2.5 (ref 0.35- 5.5)

Margaret

> >

> >

> > Hi Margaret

> >

> > First thing that springs to mind is chloesterol, have you had his checked lately, i was reading (only the other day) ina's story (Dr Shaw's step daughter) its at the bottom of the page on following link, might be worth getting tested for it.

> >

> >

> > x

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Subject: Sudden weight loss, yellowing skin and lassitude and pallor - help, please?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Reports from school and a visitor to school yesterday say H has yellow hands and feet , perhaps body, too. Also yawning, lassitude, pallor and constantly asking for food. And the visitor said he's lost a lot of weight since they last saw him 2 weeks ago. (He looked fine on Monday. as far as I was concerned.)

> >

> > I and the epilepsy nurse at Addenbrooke's have persuaded the school to take him to the doc and get a liver function test tomorrow morning.

> >

> > I am very worried it could be the Tegretol or something else serious. He went off Monday morning just fine.

> >

> > He's been on the GAPS diet for 4 months and has slowly lost a bit of excess weight and his pot belly went down - but this sounds worrying.

> >

> > If necessary I shall whisk him off to hospital (A & E five minutes away)when he gets home mid afternoon.

> > Margaret

> >

>

Guest guest

WBC was 4.1 (ref 4- 13)

TSH 2.5 (ref 0.35- 5.5)

Margaret

> >

> >

> > Hi Margaret

> >

> >

> >

> > x

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Margaret

> >

>

Guest guest

From what I understand TSH at 2.5 is high, especially for a child.

The TPA-UK group has said that adults with TSH at 2.5 and above will warrant

treatment in many European countries, Andy Cutler has said that ideally TSH for

a child should not be above 1.5 and for an adult not above 2.0 and generally I

believe that around 1.0 is optimum.

Kenny

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi Margaret

> > >

> > > First thing that springs to mind is chloesterol, have you had his checked

lately, i was reading (only the other day) ina's story (Dr Shaw's

step daughter) its at the bottom of the page on following link, might be worth

getting tested for it.

> > >

> > > http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/cholesterol.asp

> > >

> > > x

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe

> > > From: m.collins9@

> > > Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 20:39:35 +0000

> > > Subject: Sudden weight loss, yellowing skin and

lassitude and pallor - help, please?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Reports from school and a visitor to school yesterday say H has yellow

hands and feet , perhaps body, too. Also yawning, lassitude, pallor and

constantly asking for food. And the visitor said he's lost a lot of weight since

they last saw him 2 weeks ago. (He looked fine on Monday. as far as I was

concerned.)

> > >

> > > I and the epilepsy nurse at Addenbrooke's have persuaded the school to

take him to the doc and get a liver function test tomorrow morning.

> > >

> > > I am very worried it could be the Tegretol or something else serious. He

went off Monday morning just fine.

> > >

> > > He's been on the GAPS diet for 4 months and has slowly lost a bit of

excess weight and his pot belly went down - but this sounds worrying.

> > > Any ideas, please? He's not on many supplements.

> > >

> > > If necessary I shall whisk him off to hospital (A & E five minutes away)when

he gets home mid afternoon.

> > > Margaret

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Trouble is Kenny they wont treat as long as it doesn't go outof the ref. range - even thenthey'll wait and see and retest to see if it lowers. Fustrating to say the least when symptoms continue but blood tests are judged as ok. JanetTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: k.ozbo@...Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 13:23:47 +0000Subject: Re: Recent blood test results (Was RE: Sudden weight loss, (etc))

From what I understand TSH at 2.5 is high, especially for a child.

The TPA-UK group has said that adults with TSH at 2.5 and above will warrant treatment in many European countries, Andy Cutler has said that ideally TSH for a child should not be above 1.5 and for an adult not above 2.0 and generally I believe that around 1.0 is optimum.

Kenny

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi Margaret

> > >

> > > First thing that springs to mind is chloesterol, have you had his checked lately, i was reading (only the other day) ina's story (Dr Shaw's step daughter) its at the bottom of the page on following link, might be worth getting tested for it.

> > >

> > > http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/cholesterol.asp

> > >

> > > x

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe

> > > From: m.collins9@

> > > Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 20:39:35 +0000

> > > Subject: Sudden weight loss, yellowing skin and lassitude and pallor - help, please?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Reports from school and a visitor to school yesterday say H has yellow hands and feet , perhaps body, too. Also yawning, lassitude, pallor and constantly asking for food. And the visitor said he's lost a lot of weight since they last saw him 2 weeks ago. (He looked fine on Monday. as far as I was concerned.)

> > >

> > > I and the epilepsy nurse at Addenbrooke's have persuaded the school to take him to the doc and get a liver function test tomorrow morning.

> > >

> > > I am very worried it could be the Tegretol or something else serious. He went off Monday morning just fine.

> > >

> > > He's been on the GAPS diet for 4 months and has slowly lost a bit of excess weight and his pot belly went down - but this sounds worrying.

> > > Any ideas, please? He's not on many supplements.

> > >

> > > If necessary I shall whisk him off to hospital (A & E five minutes away)when he gets home mid afternoon.

> > > Margaret

> > >

> >

>