RemedySpot.com

Re: Recent blood test results (Was RE: Sudden ...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Vicki,Were they 'holding' him?? To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent: Friday, 9 March 2012, 14:13 Subject: Re: Re: Recent blood test results (Was RE: Sudden ...

I am afraid you have to go private as GP's love to meddle with thyroid patients, and they are not aware of children or adults optimum range for that matter .....if you are below 5.0 you are fine but is not the case my self once I go over 2.0 I fell really ill, lethargic, and brain fog sets in for days ......my kid was 3.3 and they not even look at it twice .....I want to get new tests done and then take him to a endocrinologist ...... talked about one that is aware of children ranges .....

Thank you - that's very helpful.Do I need to go private to get any help or is there a children's endocrinologist who would treat at these levels, please?MargaretIn Autism-Biomedical-Europe , "k.ozbo" wrote:>> From what I understand TSH at 2.5 is high, especially for a child.> The TPA-UK group has said that adults with TSH at 2.5 and above will warrant treatment in many European countries, Andy Cutler has said that ideally TSH for a child should not be above 1.5 and for an adult not above 2.0 and generally I believe that around 1.0 is optimum.> > Kenny> > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Hi Margaret> > > > > > > > First thing that springs to mind is chloesterol, have you had his checked lately, i was reading (only the other day) ina's story (Dr Shaw's step daughter) its at the bottom of the page on following link, might be worth getting tested for it.> > > > > > > > http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/cholesterol.asp> > > > > > > > x> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe > > > > From: m.collins9@> > > > Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 20:39:35 +0000> > > > Subject: Sudden weight loss, yellowing skin and lassitude and pallor - help, please?> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Reports from school and a visitor to school yesterday say H has yellow hands and feet , perhaps body, too. Also yawning, lassitude, pallor and constantly asking for food. And the visitor said he's lost a lot of weight since they last saw him 2 weeks ago. (He looked fine on Monday. as far as I was concerned.)> > > > > > > > I and the epilepsy nurse at Addenbrooke's have persuaded the school to take him to the doc and get a liver function test tomorrow morning.> > > > > > > > I am very worried it could be the Tegretol or something else serious. He went off Monday morning just fine.> > > > > > > > He's been on the GAPS diet for 4 months and has slowly lost a bit of excess weight and his pot belly went down - but this sounds worrying.> > > > Any ideas, please? He's not on many supplements.> > > > > > > > If necessary I shall whisk him off to hospital (A & E five minutes away)when he gets home mid afternoon.> > > > Margaret> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Vicki,Were they 'holding' him?? To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent: Friday, 9 March 2012, 14:13 Subject: Re: Re: Recent blood test results (Was RE: Sudden ...

I am afraid you have to go private as GP's love to meddle with thyroid patients, and they are not aware of children or adults optimum range for that matter .....if you are below 5.0 you are fine but is not the case my self once I go over 2.0 I fell really ill, lethargic, and brain fog sets in for days ......my kid was 3.3 and they not even look at it twice .....I want to get new tests done and then take him to a endocrinologist ...... talked about one that is aware of children ranges .....

Thank you - that's very helpful.Do I need to go private to get any help or is there a children's endocrinologist who would treat at these levels, please?MargaretIn Autism-Biomedical-Europe , "k.ozbo" wrote:>> From what I understand TSH at 2.5 is high, especially for a child.> The TPA-UK group has said that adults with TSH at 2.5 and above will warrant treatment in many European countries, Andy Cutler has said that ideally TSH for a child should not be above 1.5 and for an adult not above 2.0 and generally I believe that around 1.0 is optimum.> > Kenny> > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Hi Margaret> > > > > > > > First thing that springs to mind is chloesterol, have you had his checked lately, i was reading (only the other day) ina's story (Dr Shaw's step daughter) its at the bottom of the page on following link, might be worth getting tested for it.> > > > > > > > http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/cholesterol.asp> > > > > > > > x> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe > > > > From: m.collins9@> > > > Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 20:39:35 +0000> > > > Subject: Sudden weight loss, yellowing skin and lassitude and pallor - help, please?> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Reports from school and a visitor to school yesterday say H has yellow hands and feet , perhaps body, too. Also yawning, lassitude, pallor and constantly asking for food. And the visitor said he's lost a lot of weight since they last saw him 2 weeks ago. (He looked fine on Monday. as far as I was concerned.)> > > > > > > > I and the epilepsy nurse at Addenbrooke's have persuaded the school to take him to the doc and get a liver function test tomorrow morning.> > > > > > > > I am very worried it could be the Tegretol or something else serious. He went off Monday morning just fine.> > > > > > > > He's been on the GAPS diet for 4 months and has slowly lost a bit of excess weight and his pot belly went down - but this sounds worrying.> > > > Any ideas, please? He's not on many supplements.> > > > > > > > If necessary I shall whisk him off to hospital (A & E five minutes away)when he gets home mid afternoon.> > > > Margaret> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Free T4 is too low as well I think - you need Free T3 really as well.

I expect that you will have to self treat Prof S will not treat outside the

reference ranges.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi Margaret

> > > > >

> > > > > First thing that springs to mind is chloesterol, have you had his

> checked lately, i was reading (only the other day) ina's story (Dr

> Shaw's step daughter) its at the bottom of the page on following

link,

> might be worth getting tested for it.

> > > > >

> > > > > _http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/cholesterol.asp_

> (http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/cholesterol.asp)

> > > > >

> > > > > x

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > To: _Autism-Biomedical-Europe _

> (mailto:Autism-Biomedical-Europe )

> > > > > From: m.collins9@

> > > > > Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 20:39:35 +0000

> > > > > Subject: Sudden weight loss, yellowing

> skin and lassitude and pallor - help, please?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Reports from school and a visitor to school yesterday say H has

> yellow hands and feet , perhaps body, too. Also yawning, lassitude, pallor

> and constantly asking for food. And the visitor said he's lost a lot of

> weight since they last saw him 2 weeks ago. (He looked fine on Monday. as far

as

> I was concerned.)

> > > > >

> > > > > I and the epilepsy nurse at Addenbrooke's have persuaded the

> school to take him to the doc and get a liver function test tomorrow morning.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am very worried it could be the Tegretol or something else

> serious. He went off Monday morning just fine.

> > > > >

> > > > > He's been on the GAPS diet for 4 months and has slowly lost a bit

> of excess weight and his pot belly went down - but this sounds worrying.

> > > > > Any ideas, please? He's not on many supplements.

> > > > >

> > > > > If necessary I shall whisk him off to hospital (A & E five minutes

> away)when he gets home mid afternoon.

> > > > > Margaret

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>