RemedySpot.com

RE: waffle iron

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

About 5 minutes depending on what colour you like it or if you want it crispier, you oil the waffle iron first then turn it on, the red light comes on and it gradually heats up which takes about 5 minutes, but there is a green light that comes on to let you know its warm enough, pour the waffle liquid into the centre of each side then when you put the lid down it spreads it out, the mixture in the recipe below makes about 6-8 waffles and will keep in fridge for a couple of days although you will have to stir mixture when you take it out of fridge.

x

To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: aabe_@...Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:02:47 +0000Subject: Re: waffle iron

Thanks , this is really helpful. How long do you have to cook for?

Nura xSent from my iPhone

Hi Kerry I bought mine from Dyas, cooks two scd waffles fantastically, when you do one alone it tends to not cook in inner side but these waffles are so delicious it would be criminal not to have one yourself, i top mine with fried banana & a sprinkle of cinnamon & drizzle of honey and Harry has the same. http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~149598~Nuo-Waffle-Maker- ONLY £10 BARGAIN!

RECIPE IN USE

1 cup almond flour

4 eggs

2 tbsp honey

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp bicarb of soda

Beat eggs. Add honey and vanilla. Add flour, salt and bicarb. Mix well. Cook in waffle iron. Make sure you oil up the waffle iron before putting waffle mixture in it.

x

To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: kerrybrowne73@...Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 07:29:56 -0800Subject: Re: waffle iron

I want to buy a waffle iron to make scd waffles. Can anyone recommend one?KerryxSent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

; To: <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >; Subject: Re: melatonin and epilepsy Sent: Wed, Mar 7, 2012 2:32:48 PM

Kerry, I've never heard anyone say this before and it would be very concerning to me as my son has been on melatonin for 6 years now, for him is has been nothing short of a miracle supplement.

I just did a pubmed search and nothing comes up there as far as melatonin CAUSING epilepsy. The top study that comes up shows that melatonin can decrease seizures in children with epilepsy!

If I were this woman, I would flat out ask the doctor for the research that backs this up. There are no long term studies in children in regards to melatonin so there couldn't possibly be any studies showing that it causes epilepsy (in children). One of the reasons that people avoid it is because the effects of long term use simply aren't known.

I think it is worth mentioning that melatonin is a benign hormone - there is no known LD50 (which is lethal dose in 50% of the mice or whatever it is given to) because they simply could not get the concentration high enough to kill anything - that's how benign it is. Your body produces an antidote to it half way through the night and your body naturally produces it, it's just that in some of our kids their sensory systems cause this production to be out of whack.

I believe that someone posted about naturally boosting melatonin levels a while back so you might search the archives.

If I had a child who wasn't sleeping well and melatonin helped, there's no way that I wouldn't give it to the child - disrupted sleep has such pervasive and profound consequences to their development and they already have enough challenges.

Maybe someone else has more knowledgeable comments but that's my two cents worth.

All the best,

Darla

I have a friend who has just been told that if she gives her son melatonin there is an increased risk of him getting epilepsy. I have never heard of this, has anyone else? Don't know if this is the case in just precribed medication and perhaps it would be better for her to get it from the states where its more pure?She is really tired and now been put off giving him melatonin because of what the doctor said, his sleep is all over the place.KerryxSent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

; To: <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >; Subject: Prof Exonerated - hoorah! Sent: Wed, Mar 7, 2012 10:50:39 AM

The GMC's massive abuse of processThe welcome decision to exonerate Prof. - is a clear indication that the GMC's case against the Royal Free doctors was manufactured to discredit any association between bowel disease, autism conditions and some of the parents' reported link to the MMR vaccine. The allegations levelled at Prof. - and the Royal Free team now have to be viewed with total scepticism as nothing more than a witch hunt by vested interests at the highest level in Government, media and the pharmaceutical industry.This decision shows that:1. The 1998 Lancet paper was an early report of cases seen in consecutive order on the basis of clinical need and nothing whatever to do with the separate Legal Aid Board funded project.2. The children reported in the 1998 Lancet paper were very ill and did warrant serious clinical investigation and the investigations conducted were entirely appropriate for the children's needs.3. The allegations of fraud based on this misconstruction, propagated by journalist Deer, politician Evan , the Murdoch press and the British Medical Journal (and rubberstamped by the GMC) are therefore also unfounded.The decision vindicates Prof. - (one of two world pioneers of paediatric gastroenterology) after years of false allegations, which supports the ethicality of the Royal Free research and the integrity of the much disputed 1998 Lancet paper. The children were genuinely sick and properly investigated. Very serious questions arise about the basis of this prosecution:a. We have to ask why this has happened? b. Was Prof. - unfairly targetted simply as a means to discredit Dr. Wakefield? c. Why was it necessary for the GMC to make out that very sick children were well? Background Information:No parent of a child had complained. No child had been injured. Parents of children who had been treated at the Royal Free Hospital in London had nothing but praise for the way their children were cared for and treated by Prof. - and the other doctors. Parents reported that their children's conditions were not being taken seriously or treated appropriately by their own GPs or paediatricians. The 1998 Lancet report referred to eight of the twelve children's parents who directly associated the MMR vaccine with their children's medical condition. This association between MMR vaccine, autistic spectrum disorders and bowel disease warranted further investigation by the scientific community as called for by the publishing doctors. If MMR vaccines had not been mentioned within the report would there have been any criticism of the report and would a GMC hearing have taken place?How the charges (the start of the witch hunt) were first thought of are described in Horton's, book MMR Science and Fiction (p.7). Mr Horton was the editor of the 1998 Lancet publication."...In truth, they [the people bringing the charges] had not a clue where to begin. At a dinner I attended on 23 February, one medical regulator and I discussed the Wakefield case. He seemed unsure of how the Council could play a useful part in resolving any confusion. As we talked over coffee while the other dinner guests were departing, he scribbled down some possible lines of investigation and passed me his card, suggesting that I contact him directly if anything else sprang to mind. He seemed keen to pursue Wakefield, especially given the ministerial interest." Horton continues (p.13):'....During the preceding few weeks, one protagonist in the affair had said openly and publicly that his intention was to 'rub out' Wakefield. A senior doctor who had played a part in shaping the debate around MMR sat in a North London bar with a glass of red wine in front of him boasting that he was 'drinking the blood of Wakefield'.The intensity of feeling that Wakefield provoked in some opponents was unbelievably extreme. And, in the aftermath of the affair, in which a British scientist and respected civil servant committed suicide after being caught up in a media blitz following a few incautious remarks to a BBC journalist, only those of a very robust constitution would have been able to stand up to the continued pressure of critics who wished to destroy his reputation. Wakefield's tribulations seemed insufficient for some. Whatever one's views about his wisdom as a doctor and scientist, this kind of malicious reaction somehow seemed equally bad - perhaps even worse.....'JABS believes this is really about:• the cover up of the Department of Health's negligent handling of the MMR vaccine damage issue. • the freedom of medical professionals to listen to parents about their children's disease and to investigate appropriately. • undertaking scientific research and having it peer reviewed independently without fear, prejudice or censorship. • the association between the MMR vaccine and a form of regressive autism with bowel disease.JABS is a support group for parents of vaccine damaged children.Tel: 01942 713565