RemedySpot.com

Re: RAD

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Ann,I went to Milwaukee to take my beginner's training course with Pete. It so happened that the reason Pete was training in Milwaukee is that a group of adopted mothers with kids identified with RAD were learning neurofeedback with Pete.

As Pete always does, he trained these people to do a TLC assessment and then train as per what showed up in the assessment. I've often wondered what happened with those mothers: did they follow through with their kids, and what were the results?

I wonder if Pete knows (Pete?). Essentially Pete says the same for RAD as for everything: Do as assessment, see what you find, and do the training accordingly (it's the same as doing a qEEG except with fewer sites and you can learn to do it yourself).

Liz

Hi Ann,

As you probably suspected, there is considerable variability in the quality of interpretations of people doing qEEG's. I always vet people through Jack stone at Q-Metrx if I'm not familiar with the practitioners in a particular area of the country. He's been training people in qEEG and because of the interpretive service he runs is familiar with many people who provide this service. I think it's worth getting a good quality qEEG for the outcome for children like you describe. You are welcome to backchannel me directly to look for someone in your area if you'd like. Best of wishes, Ed

RAD

Hi. I have adopted children and have been taking 2 of them for

nuerofeedback treatments. I have a lot of questions and especially if

there are known protocols for reactive attachment disorder. Is there

anyone out there working on this difficult issue? My daughter has much

potential if she can be helped. Has anyone had or seen a rad child get

past severe issues with nuerofeedback? Your reply is greatly

appreciated. Thanks. Ann

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com

Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.9/1808 - Release Date: 11/23/2008 6:59 PM

Traveling over the river or through the woods this holiday season? Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

=2

Traveling over the river or through the woods this holiday season? Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!