RemedySpot.com

Re: Would breast milk for an older child be benefi...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Colleen

look on the bright side what hurt can it cause? I do not know of any .....even to yourself my sister in law breast fed my niece up to a little bit after 12 months without no risk for her health as long as you eat properly you the basics of breastfeeding ....

Colleen

look on the bright side what hurt can it cause? I do not know of any .....even to yourself my sister in law breast fed my niece up to a little bit after 12 months without no risk for her health as long as you eat properly you the basics of breastfeeding ....

Colleen

Potential hurt would be that whatever is in mother's breasmilk might have

been passed on to child to cause/contribute to autism, and if still there

could make it worse. Speculative of course but in theory very possible.

Natasa

> Colleen

> look on the bright side what hurt can it cause? I do not know of any

> .....even to yourself my sister in law breast fed my niece up to a little

> bit

> after 12 months without no risk for her health as long as you eat properly

> you the basics of breastfeeding ....

>

>

Well if we go by that principle then would be mothers of already ASD be recommended to breastfeed future siblings at all since there is a potential risk because if you already "potentially " passed to the first what guarantee do you have that you will not pass to the second one .....I am a mother of a 9 month baby girl should I count my blessings that my milk run out due to medical condition when she was 2 months?

now there's a point .....

Well if we go by that principle then would be mothers of already ASD be recommended to breastfeed future siblings at all since there is a potential risk because if you already "potentially " passed to the first what guarantee do you have that you will not pass to the second one .....I am a mother of a 9 month baby girl should I count my blessings that my milk run out due to medical condition when she was 2 months?

Sorry. I was thinking of me, and I breastfed my first two for a long time and

it was only good for them. Third child with ASD didn't become that way because

of anything in the breastmilk. So, if someone suspects that one of the causes

of their child's health problems was passed through feeding, then it would be

something to take in to account carefully, for sure.

But, if the situation is like mine, where I think part of ds's downfall was that

he weaned himself (after getting his MMR while still recovering from chicken

pox) too early at 13 months, then yes I would recommend it. Shattock has

spoken at TA conferences about his experience interviewing Islamic mothers who

breastfed until two year, and the average age of regression for those kids is

much later than in other places, where breastfeeding doens't last nearly as long

in general.

Anita

>

> Potential hurt would be that whatever is in mother's breasmilk might have

> been passed on to child to cause/contribute to autism, and if still there

> could make it worse. Speculative of course but in theory very possible.

>

> Natasa

>

>

>

> > Colleen

> > look on the bright side what hurt can it cause? I do not know of any

> > .....even to yourself my sister in law breast fed my niece up to a little

> > bit

> > after 12 months without no risk for her health as long as you eat properly

> > you the basics of breastfeeding ....

> >

> >

>

Sorry. I was thinking of me, and I breastfed my first two for a long time and

it was only good for them. Third child with ASD didn't become that way because

of anything in the breastmilk. So, if someone suspects that one of the causes

of their child's health problems was passed through feeding, then it would be

something to take in to account carefully, for sure.

But, if the situation is like mine, where I think part of ds's downfall was that

he weaned himself (after getting his MMR while still recovering from chicken

pox) too early at 13 months, then yes I would recommend it. Shattock has

spoken at TA conferences about his experience interviewing Islamic mothers who

breastfed until two year, and the average age of regression for those kids is

much later than in other places, where breastfeeding doens't last nearly as long

in general.

Anita

>

>

> Natasa

>

>

>

> > Colleen

> > bit

> >

> >

>

I have read of folks doing this with success in the past but not sure I can remember where, may have been autism mercury yonks ago. It can't hurt??

Mx

Yes, that is a bit of an odd heading but I have had this question swimming around in my mind for a couple of months now and it has just occured to me that someone in this group might have some advice.I have a 6 year old ASD son and a 10month old daughter who is still breast feeding, every now and again the thought has crossed my mind about whether I should see if expressing and giving my son breast milk on a daily basis makes any difference. All the health advisors go on about its benefits, and I recall my daughter having quite a severe eye infection when she about 3 months old but I had to wait for the swab results before they would prescribe anything for it, however I was told in meantime to put a couple of drops of breast milk into each eye every time I cleaned them as it had a natural antibiotic effect, in less than 24 hours her eyes had cleared up.I only breast fed my son for the first five weeks of his life and he was on antibiotics at three weeks old for a chest infection. I hope to keep my daughter going until 12 months but she is starting to self wean now so I would need to make a decision on whether to give it a go quite soon.I wondered if anyone else had tried or heard of anyone else doing it and whether it made any difference?Thank you, Colleen

Andy says regardless you are better off breastfeeding and this lad has already been breastfed

Mx

Andy says regardless you are better off breastfeeding and this lad has already been breastfed

Mx

Mx

I was thinking specifically of retroviruses, which can be passed through breastmilk. As these are as a rule slow acting – have a long latency periods and take a long time to induce pathology, so no way one could tell a temporal correlation. Vaccines and natural infections would in this case act as stressors/reactivators etc. Not saying it happened (or that it happens in our kids) but is a plausible scenario. Happens in animals and in known human retroviruses.Btw autism rates according to one piece of research are lower in kids who were not breastfed. Reply-To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:09:16 -0000To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Subject: Re: Would breast milk for an older child be benefi...

Sorry. I was thinking of me, and I breastfed my first two for a long time and it was only good for them. Third child with ASD didn't become that way because of anything in the breastmilk. So, if someone suspects that one of the causes of their child's health problems was passed through feeding, then it would be something to take in to account carefully, for sure.

But, if the situation is like mine, where I think part of ds's downfall was that he weaned himself (after getting his MMR while still recovering from chicken pox) too early at 13 months, then yes I would recommend it. Shattock has spoken at TA conferences about his experience interviewing Islamic mothers who breastfed until two year, and the average age of regression for those kids is much later than in other places, where breastfeeding doens't last nearly as long in general.

Anita

>

>

> Natasa

>

>

>

> > Colleen

> > bit

> >

> >

>

I was thinking specifically of retroviruses, which can be passed through breastmilk. As these are as a rule slow acting – have a long latency periods and take a long time to induce pathology, so no way one could tell a temporal correlation. Vaccines and natural infections would in this case act as stressors/reactivators etc. Not saying it happened (or that it happens in our kids) but is a plausible scenario. Happens in animals and in known human retroviruses.Btw autism rates according to one piece of research are lower in kids who were not breastfed. Reply-To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:09:16 -0000To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Subject: Re: Would breast milk for an older child be benefi...

Sorry. I was thinking of me, and I breastfed my first two for a long time and it was only good for them. Third child with ASD didn't become that way because of anything in the breastmilk. So, if someone suspects that one of the causes of their child's health problems was passed through feeding, then it would be something to take in to account carefully, for sure.

But, if the situation is like mine, where I think part of ds's downfall was that he weaned himself (after getting his MMR while still recovering from chicken pox) too early at 13 months, then yes I would recommend it. Shattock has spoken at TA conferences about his experience interviewing Islamic mothers who breastfed until two year, and the average age of regression for those kids is much later than in other places, where breastfeeding doens't last nearly as long in general.

Anita

>

>

> Natasa

>

>

>

> > Colleen

> > bit

> >

> >

>

Anita

>

>

> Natasa

>

>

>

> > Colleen

> > bit

> >

> >

>

i have talked to countless moms who said there kids health detiorated after

stopping breast milk...this happened to my own son as well he was healthy and

thriving till i stopped breastfeeding...i had read even with a toxic mother the

unique healing qualitys of breastmilk far outwiegh the other toxins....this is

what i have read from many places and considering what happened to myself and

others i believe this to be true...i would give my right arm if i could produce

breast milk again for my son. bbut hey thats just me

channa

> >

> > Potential hurt would be that whatever is in mother's breasmilk might have

> > been passed on to child to cause/contribute to autism, and if still there

> > could make it worse. Speculative of course but in theory very possible.

> >

> > Natasa

> >

> >

> >

> > > Colleen

> > > look on the bright side what hurt can it cause? I do not know of any

> > > .....even to yourself my sister in law breast fed my niece up to a little

> > > bit

> > > after 12 months without no risk for her health as long as you eat properly

> > > you the basics of breastfeeding ....

> > >

> > >

> >

>

channa

> >

> >

> > Natasa

> >

> >

> >

> > > Colleen

> > > bit

> > > after 12 months without no risk for her health as long as you eat properly

> > >

> > >

> >

>

channa

> >

> >

> > Natasa

> >

> >

> >

> > > Colleen

> > > bit

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Hi all Lovely people,

Isn't it beautiful we discuss this topic here? That was (is) a big question in my mind for two years. I breastfed my son till he was 13 months. He never had ear infection or serious illness during this time but a viral flu. On the other hand, he developed eczema and poor sleeping since 4 months. He used to wake up ever 50 minutes. His best record for sleeping was 2 hours. His paediatrician forced me to stop breastfeeding - it was the only good thing he did for us- the first night I stopped breastfeeding, he slept 4 hours and next night 6 hours. He walked after 2 weeks. I filled four amalgams while breastfeeding. I am confused, if I have another child should I breastfeed or not?

sorry for my poor English,

N x

> > >> > > Potential hurt would be that whatever is in mother's breasmilk might have> > > been passed on to child to cause/contribute to autism, and if still there> > > could make it worse. Speculative of course but in theory very possible.> > > > > > Natasa> > > > > > > > > > > > > Colleen> > > > look on the bright side what hurt can it cause? I do not know of any> > > > .....even to yourself my sister in law breast fed my niece up to a little> > > > bit> > > > after 12 months without no risk for her health as long as you eat properly> > > > you the basics of breastfeeding ....> > > >> > > > > > >> >>

Not sure anyone can advise as everyone's experience is different. My husband has 11 nephews and nieces, they are vaccined, 2 in particular have been raised on fast food and sweets as their mum refuses to get involved in too much cooking, the others would eat stuff like baked bean and sausages in a tin, they are all tall, healthy, and very intelligent young people with almost all having attended or intending to go to university. We on the other hand are half vaccined, strict diet and even before specific diets were fed from scratch healthy food, neither of my boys are tall, both have food allergies to different degrees and of course autism and LD's BUT my MIL had none of her children vaccinated at all, they all breast fed successfully.

Vicky

Hi all Lovely people,

Isn't it beautiful we discuss this topic here? That was (is) a big question in my mind for two years. I breastfed my son till he was 13 months. He never had ear infection or serious illness during this time but a viral flu. On the other hand, he developed eczema and poor sleeping since 4 months. He used to wake up ever 50 minutes. His best record for sleeping was 2 hours. His paediatrician forced me to stop breastfeeding - it was the only good thing he did for us- the first night I stopped breastfeeding, he slept 4 hours and next night 6 hours. He walked after 2 weeks. I filled four amalgams while breastfeeding. I am confused, if I have another child should I breastfeed or not?

N x

> > >

> > > Potential hurt would be that whatever is in mother's breasmilk might have

> > > been passed on to child to cause/contribute to autism, and if still there

> > > could make it worse. Speculative of course but in theory very possible.

> > >

> > > Natasa

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > > Colleen

> > > > look on the bright side what hurt can it cause? I do not know of any

> > > > .....even to yourself my sister in law breast fed my niece up to a little

> > > > bit

> > > > after 12 months without no risk for her health as long as you eat properly

> > > > you the basics of breastfeeding ....

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Not sure anyone can advise as everyone's experience is different. My husband has 11 nephews and nieces, they are vaccined, 2 in particular have been raised on fast food and sweets as their mum refuses to get involved in too much cooking, the others would eat stuff like baked bean and sausages in a tin, they are all tall, healthy, and very intelligent young people with almost all having attended or intending to go to university. We on the other hand are half vaccined, strict diet and even before specific diets were fed from scratch healthy food, neither of my boys are tall, both have food allergies to different degrees and of course autism and LD's BUT my MIL had none of her children vaccinated at all, they all breast fed successfully.

Vicky

Hi all Lovely people,

N x

> > >

> > >

> > > Natasa

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > > Colleen

> > > > .....even to yourself my sister in law breast fed my niece up to a little

> > > > bit

> > > > after 12 months without no risk for her health as long as you eat properly

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Vicky

Hi all Lovely people,

N x

> > >

> > >

> > > Natasa

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > > Colleen

> > > > bit

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>