Guest guest

The training that my daughter will be undertaking will require both an

EEG and HEG connection. Since I only have one dongle, I need to buy

another one. I searched and found places that sell them. However, do I

need a specific brand or will any work with the pocket-neurobics

equipment?

Thank you, jim

Jim,

Not necessarily true that no-one is doing it. If your trainer has set that up, then I don't understand why he/she couldn't provide you with the BE design being used in the office. T3/T4 is one channel, HEG is a second channel, so you should be able to combine them into a single dongle. However, if you can and wish to buy a second one, that's fine as well. Just be aware that each will be on its own COM port and that they must be sending/receiving on different RF channels to avoid mixing the signals.

Pete

Pete,Thanks for replying. I was pretty stupid today in not looking at the PN web site. You can buy a wireless dongle from them and so I shall.I am just a home user and rely upon the professionals we work with to build and adjust the designs we use. I don't have that expertise yet (if I ever will). As a result of the evaluation of the QEEG that was done on our daughter, it was decided to train at both T3/T4 and HEG at the same time (I hope I got that right). A design has been created and is being used by our therapist but not at home. I am still alternating between EEG and HEG from session to session.From your reply, it doesn't sound like anyone is doing something like what we are doing.jim

.. -- Van Deusen

pvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.

Jim,

Not necessarily true that no-one is doing it. If your trainer has set that up, then I don't understand why he/she couldn't provide you with the BE design being used in the office. T3/T4 is one channel, HEG is a second channel, so you should be able to combine them into a single dongle. However, if you can and wish to buy a second one, that's fine as well. Just be aware that each will be on its own COM port and that they must be sending/receiving on different RF channels to avoid mixing the signals.

Pete

Pete,Thanks for replying. I was pretty stupid today in not looking at the PN web site. You can buy a wireless dongle from them and so I shall.I am just a home user and rely upon the professionals we work with to build and adjust the designs we use. I don't have that expertise yet (if I ever will). As a result of the evaluation of the QEEG that was done on our daughter, it was decided to train at both T3/T4 and HEG at the same time (I hope I got that right). A design has been created and is being used by our therapist but not at home. I am still alternating between EEG and HEG from session to session.From your reply, it doesn't sound like anyone is doing something like what we are doing.jim

.. -- Van Deusen

pvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.

Pete,

I will ask about combining it so that only one dongle is used. I hadn't thought about that.

Thank you, jim

Re: Re: I need an extra USB wireless dongle

Jim,

Pete

On Jan 17, 2008 12:02 PM, Jim Wurster <jwurstercomcast (DOT) net> wrote:

.. -- Van Deusenpvdtlcgmailhttp://www.brain-trainer.com305/433-3160The Learning Curve, Inc.