RemedySpot.com

Supplement break - enzymes? advice pls

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, I have just done a one month supplement break for our son after being on them for two months. He is nearly 16. He has had two heavy colds, one in December and another nasty cold now. I tried my best to try and encourage him to eat 'good' foods (as recommended by a practitioner) but he continues to eat rubbish basically, the same foods such as pizza, bread and we decided to stop the supps to see how he got on, mainly because his appetite was practically zero. His diet has always been very restrictive.The first weekend of stopping he become very emotional and tearful for 2 days, then he seemed to even out. The last two weeks he has been drinking milk by the gallon, getting stomach aches, becoming spacey again, stimming and biting himself more. Self talk (very fatalistic) came back.

He has also become partial to drinking hot water from the hot water tap - I think this may be his way of trying to soothe his stomach aches! I started giving him 5-HTP before bed to help him get off to sleep a couple of days ago, he has the hormone thing going on too. I also introduced Zen again for relaxation. We never did start the anti candida Candiclear supp. We had all the lab tests done in August 2010 so the supplement regime is based on those. We started the regime back then but abandoned it all as unfortunately my son had health problems and had to have loads of hospital visits to check for Marfans Syndrome. It was a very stressful 8 months of tests on his heart and skeleton. His heart is ok but his body isnt, basically he has the features of the syndrome but not the syndrome itself - hence marfanoid habitus. Also turns out he had an unusual chromosome result from his dad (not linked to his autism or

learning difficulties) and we are still waiting on a detailed report from the geneticist. She worried us sick actually as she didnt state what specific chromosome or what the anomoly was!! I dont want to make this email too long with the lab results but I just wanted to know where I should go from here?? I think it was Mandi who said to try enzymes but I don't know where to begin with this or what benefit it would bring for my son? would it help him to break down foods he eats.......sorry, I don't know much about enzymes or which one is recommended. So difficult to get my son to widen his diet too, so any help would be really appreciated, thank you.Here are the supps he was on:-

Immune

modulation

Allergy

Research Group Saccharomyces Boulaardi 1 capsule am with

food

Liver and

detoxification support

Wellness pharmacy Lipoceutical Glutathione 450mg. 1 teaspoon am with drink. The most

potent inter and intra cellular anti-oxidantAnti

inflammatory

Biocare Lipocell.

3 teaspoons am and 3 teaspoons pm mixed with drink. Emulsified oil (i.e made

water soluble) delivering omega 3 essential fatty acids. It is also a great

anti inflammatory.

Multi

vitamin/mineral support

Biocare One a day plus 1 capsule am with food

Solgar Inositol ,1000mg am with food

L Theanine 1 capsule am with food

Allergy Research Zen 1 capsule to be given am

with food

Vitasorb Vitamin A. 2 drops am sublingually or

mixed with drink

Vitasorb Vitamin E 2 drops sublingually or

mixed with drink

Kirkmans

D3 1 capsule am with food

Shot

O B12 1 squirt orally am

Solgar

Pycgenenol 30mg 1 capsule am with food

Kirkmans

folinic acid 2 caps am with food ( 1600mcg total)

Adrenomax

1 capsule am with food to support adrenal exhaiustion

Oceanic

silica 1 capsule am with food to support aluminium toxicity

Lysine

500mg away from food ie 20 mins before dinner

Kirkmans

Co Q10 25mg capsules 1 am and 1 pm with food

Kirkmans

zinc capsules (20mg) 1 taken before bedtime

Allergy

Research group buffered Vit C 500mg am and 500mg pm with food