RemedySpot.com

Re: Wow!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have different

views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. Because if I try to censor

myself or others we might miss some really great information. We are all in

this together and we are all here for one reason or another. If everything was

great in our lives or we were not searching for answers, we would not be here.

It's all good. I hope that does not keep people from sharing. I don't want

to miss something really great from someone because they are afraid.

Robyn

-------------- Original message ----------------------

> It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming like

> a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people off

> from joining in the debates [=;]

>

It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming like a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people off from joining in the debates

In which case all I can say is that I'm glad I live in the UK, if freedom of speech means that one can put down another person in order to make a point it's no wonder a lot of us feels worthless!

>> They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. Because if I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great information. We are all in this together and we are all here for one reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really great from someone because they are afraid. > > Robyn > > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming like> > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people off> > from joining in the debates [=;] > >>

HI Debbie,

You have given me a ton of great information and I have gotten alot from our

discussion on anxiety.

I apologize for my earlier USA comment. No disrespect meant in anyway. If I

could fly. I would go to your country in a second. Please don't feel

worthless.

Robyn

>

> In which case all I can say is that I'm glad I live in the UK, if

> freedom of speech means that one can put down another person in order to

> make a point it's no wonder a lot of us feels worthless!

>

>

> >> They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. Because if I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great information. We are all in this together and we are all here for one reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really great from someone because they are afraid. > > Robyn > > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming like> > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people off> > from joining in the debates [=;] > >>

I am confused. In what way has someone put down another person here to make a point?

I truly want to know,

Best,

Helena

Re: WOW!

In which case all I can say is that I'm glad I live in the UK, if freedom of speech means that one can put down another person in order to make a point it's no wonder a lot of us feels worthless!

>> They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. Because if I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great information. We are all in this together and we are all here for one reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really great from someone because they are afraid. > > Robyn > > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming like> > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people off> > from joining in the debates [=;] > >>

Not a problem just put me up for a weeks holiday

> > >> > > They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have> > different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. Because if> > I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great> > information. We are all in this together and we are all here for one> > reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not> > searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that> > does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really> > great from someone because they are afraid.> > >> > > Robyn> > >> > >> > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > > From: "Debbie" debbie.100@> > > > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming> > like> > > > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people> > off> > > > from joining in the debates [=;]> > > >> > >> > > > > >>

Me too! Bill

It's seems no one has, it's just a difference in culture & the way we express ourselves

> >> > They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. Because if I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great information. We are all in this together and we are all here for one reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really great from someone because they are afraid. > > > > Robyn > > > > > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > From: "Debbie" debbie.100@> > > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming like> > > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people off> > > from joining in the debates [=;] > > >> >>

Nothing pissed me off as you put it Helena, as I said speech comes across differently within different cultures, thats all ok!

> > >> > > They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. Because if I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great information. We are all in this together and we are all here for one reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really great from someone because they are afraid. > > > > > > Robyn > > > > > > > > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > > From: "Debbie" debbie.100@> > > > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming like> > > > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people off> > > > from joining in the debates [=;] > > > >> > >> >>

Hi,

I am sorry for anything I may have done or said. I really hate it when I say

something stupid because it is not usually how I truly am. Please just know

that when I do say or do something like that I and realize it, I will always

take responsibility and apologize.

Robyn

>

> Nothing pissed me off as you put it Helena, as I said speech comes

> across differently within different cultures, thats all ok!

>

>

>

>

>

>

> > > >> > > They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. Because if I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great information. We are all in this together and we are all here for one reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really great from someone because they are afraid. > > > > > > Robyn > > > > > > > > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > > From: "Debbie" debbie.100@> > > > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming like> > > > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people off> > > > from joining in the debates [=;] > > > >> > >> >>

really there is no reason for anyone to apologise, I miss read how things were said thats all, goodnight all

> > > > >> > > > > They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have> > different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. Because if> > I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great> > information. We are all in this together and we are all here for one> > reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not> > searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that> > does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really> > great from someone because they are afraid.> > > > >> > > > > Robyn> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > > > > From: "Debbie" debbie.100@> > > > > > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it> > seeming like> > > > > > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of> > people off> > > > > > from joining in the debates [=;]> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > > > > >>

I still want to know what happened here. What came across differently? I think it is important to address that question so that we don't get hung up on cultural differences. And I am really disturbed that Robyn thinks she has to apologize. For what? You said nothing stupid, Robyn, and there is nothing to take responsibility for!

Helena

Re: Re: WOW!

Hi, I am sorry for anything I may have done or said. I really hate it when I say something stupid because it is not usually how I truly am. Please just know that when I do say or do something like that I and realize it, I will always take responsibility and apologize. Robyn -------------- Original message ----------------------From: "Debbie" <debbie.100btinternet>> > Nothing pissed me off as you put it Helena, as I said speech comes> across differently within different cultures, thats all ok!> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have> different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. Because if> I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great> information. We are all in this together and we are all here for one> reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not> searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that> does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really> great from someone because they are afraid.> > > >> > > > Robyn> > > >> > > >> > > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > > > From: "Debbie" debbie.100@> > > > > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it> seeming like> > > > > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of> people off> > > > > from joining in the debates [=;]> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> > >

I might as well let everyone know that I am a real life Bridget . I say

ridiculous things regularly. LOL

Robyn

--------- Re: Re: WOW!

>

>

> Hi,

>

> I am sorry for anything I may have done or said. I really hate it when I say

> something stupid because it is not usually how I truly am. Please just know

that

> when I do say or do something like that I and realize it, I will always take

> responsibility and apologize.

>

> Robyn

> -------------- Original message ----------------------

>

> >

> > Nothing pissed me off as you put it Helena, as I said speech comes

> > across differently within different cultures, thats all ok!

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > > > > >> > > > They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have> different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. Because if> I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great> information. We are all in this together and we are all here for one> reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not> searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that> does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really> great from someone because they are afraid.> > > >> > > > Robyn> > > >> > > >> > > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > > > From: "Debbie" debbie.100@> > > > > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it> seeming like> > > > > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of> people off> > > > > from joining in the debates [=;]> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> > >

Debbie, I am disappointed in myself for acting like a 'dog with a bone' yesterday when I should have just simply accepted your explanation and let it drop. I sincerely apologize. Plus, I used a not-so-nice word, and I am sorry for that, too. I apologize to the group as well.

I was getting impatient because I really dislike it when people try to stifle a conversation that others are enjoying and finding helpful in an ACT-related way (for them). But everyone has the right to share his or her viewpoint, and I see that clearly now this morning. It's not all about me!

Please hurry back!

Best,

Helena

Not a problem just put me up for a weeks holiday

> > >> > > They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have> > different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. Because if> > I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great> > information. We are all in this together and we are all here for one> > reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not> > searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that> > does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really> > great from someone because they are afraid.> > >> > > Robyn> > >> > >> > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > > From: "Debbie" debbie.100@> > > > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming> > like> > > > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people> > off> > > > from joining in the debates [=;]> > > >> > >> > > > > >>

I'm sure one day it will be me with the bone really no need to feel disappointed we are hard enough on ourselves already & it was I who misread the signs thanks Helena

> > > >> > > > They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have> > > different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. Because if> > > I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great> > > information. We are all in this together and we are all here for one> > > reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not> > > searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that> > > does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really> > > great from someone because they are afraid.> > > >> > > > Robyn> > > >> > > >> > > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > > > From: "Debbie" debbie.100@> > > > > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming> > > like> > > > > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people> > > off> > > > > from joining in the debates [=;]> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > >> >>

Debbie:

I made a joke to Helena in which I just said "DUH!". My brother said that that "DUH" means something in Russian. I think that this was the cause of the trouble. I apologize and I will be more careful in my jokes.

Bill

I'm sure one day it will be me with the bone really no need to feel disappointed we are hard enough on ourselves already & it was I who misread the signs thanks Helena

> > > >

> > > > They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have

> > > different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. Because if

> > > I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great

> > > information. We are all in this together and we are all here for one

> > > reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not

> > > searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that

> > > does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really

> > > great from someone because they are afraid.

> > > >

> > > > Robyn

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > -------------- Original message ----------------------

> > > > From: "Debbie" debbie.100@

> > > > > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming

> > > like

> > > > > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people

> > > off

> > > > > from joining in the debates [=;]

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.

Hi Bill, I have no idea what it means in Russian although very interested here in the UK it's a derogatory term & a sarcastic remark which is demeaning someones intelligence. However it's also used amongst close friends that know each other well enough to know that no harm is meant by it, as in the way you used it, I just didn't know that you both knew each other, in which case no harm was meant by it.

I have learnt a valuable lesson, I should not just assume but seek to clarify What I have also learnt is how cleaver you all are to just say things because of where it may lead to, a greater understanding. A quote from Robyn " Because if I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great information". How true.

Thanks Bill & everyone

> > > > >> > > > > They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have> > > > different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. We are all in this together and we are all here for one> > > > reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not> > > > searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that> > > > does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really> > > > great from someone because they are afraid.> > > > >> > > > > Robyn> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > > > > From: "Debbie" debbie.100@> > > > > > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming> > > > like> > > > > > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people> > > > off> > > > > > from joining in the debates [=;]> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > >> >>

Debbie, when someone says "duh,, I take it to jokingly mean "Why didn't I think of that?", or that's a "no-brainer". It is not considered offensive, at least not to me! I suppose in person, the tone of voice and facial expression--something that is missing in email--could make it that way. Bill and I don't know each other except through this list, and didn't need to in order for me to understand what was conveyed by this remark.

I find it fascinating how the same words and expressions mean different things in different cultures. I, too, loved Robyn's comment! She nailed it.

Best,

Helena

Hi Bill, I have no idea what it means in Russian although very interested here in the UK it's a derogatory term & a sarcastic remark which is demeaning someones intelligence. However it's also used amongst close friends that know each other well enough to know that no harm is meant by it, as in the way you used it, I just didn't know that you both knew each other, in which case no harm was meant by it.

I have learnt a valuable lesson, I should not just assume but seek to clarify What I have also learnt is how cleaver you all are to just say things because of where it may lead to, a greater understanding. A quote from Robyn " Because if I try to censor myself or others we might miss some really great information". How true.

Thanks Bill & everyone

> > > > >> > > > > They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have> > > > different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. We are all in this together and we are all here for one> > > > reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not> > > > searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that> > > > does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really> > > > great from someone because they are afraid.> > > > >> > > > > Robyn> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > > > > From: "Debbie" debbie.100@> > > > > > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming> > > > like> > > > > > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people> > > > off> > > > > > from joining in the debates [=;]> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > >> >>

Love you all

> > > > > >> > > > > > They can be discussed and just like in anything else we will have> > > > > different views. I just take what I need and leave the rest. We are all in this together and we are all here for one> > > > > reason or another. If everything was great in our lives or we were not> > > > > searching for answers, we would not be here. It's all good. I hope that> > > > > does not keep people from sharing. I don't want to miss something really> > > > > great from someone because they are afraid.> > > > > >> > > > > > Robyn> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > -------------- Original message ----------------------> > > > > > From: "Debbie" debbie.100@> > > > > > > It's sad to see that topics can not be discussed without it seeming> > > > > like> > > > > > > a personal attack on each other, I'm sure this puts a lot of people> > > > > off> > > > > > > from joining in the debates [=;]> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Charlotte:

This is me when I was 38 years old. I remember the dress. I was also VERY

overweight. I have other photos up too as you will see. I have yo yo dieted all

my life.

Here's the link

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i227/melodylubart/youngmel.jpg

Melody

>

> Melody! Now I should have guessed that with a gorgeous name like Melody, and a

voice full of mirth and music, that you would have been anything less than a

well-groomed, attractive and young looking elegant lady?! It's lovely to put a

face to a lot of wonderful posts... NOW I can see why everyone in the health

store came to talk to you about constipation!!! You have the most approachable

and kind face, it's very attractive :)

>

>

>

> Charlotte

>