RemedySpot.com

Psuedo,photsensitivity and cipro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Gidday Tyne, Tina and All,

When I have an exacerbation I prefer to go on dual therapy. Augmentin for 10 days and Cipro 500 for a minimun of 2 weeks. Psuedo does not always cause a flare up but definately takes advantage of it. I had a pretty bad reaction to tobramycin nebulized so would not take that. It caused me to cough and cough for weeks, affected my swallowing reflex and I lost my voice. I am sure this had a deleterious effect on my lung function which dropped dramatically since.They are not keen here for IV antis on common old bugs like psuedo.

When cipro was intially being trialled in the 1980s there was no warning re photosensitivity. I found out the hard way. That was my first case of sunburn for years. Even now I can get sunburnt hanging out the washing and I do not burn easily. I suspect over the years it has altered my skin pigmentation. I always speak to the pharmacist and insist they warn people verbally about the photosensitivity. Intially it was not known as a side effect. It was only patients like myself reporting back to the professionals that it became known and listed. Another not so well known side effect is joint pain. Many people put it down to arthritis and may go on Rx for such causing more problems!

prematurely aged and very brown!

I get terrible joint pain from Cipro, Leviquin, T-quin, and Avelox. Avelox

isn't quite as bad as the others, though.

Barb

Psuedo,photsensitivity and cipro

<< File: ATT00004.htm >> Gidday Tyne, Tina and All,

When I have an exacerbation I prefer to go on dual therapy. Augmentin for 10

days and Cipro 500 for a minimun of 2 weeks. Psuedo does not always cause a

flare up but definately takes advantage of it. I had a pretty bad reaction to

tobramycin nebulized so would not take that. It caused me to cough and cough for

weeks, affected my swallowing reflex and I lost my voice. I am sure this had a

deleterious effect on my lung function which dropped dramatically since.They are

not keen here for IV antis on common old bugs like psuedo.

When cipro was intially being trialled in the 1980s there was no warning re

photosensitivity. I found out the hard way. That was my first case of sunburn

for years. Even now I can get sunburnt hanging out the washing and I do not burn

easily. I suspect over the years it has altered my skin pigmentation. I always

speak to the pharmacist and insist they warn people verbally about the

photosensitivity. Intially it was not known as a side effect. It was only

patients like myself reporting back to the professionals that it became known

and listed. Another not so well known side effect is joint pain. Many people put

it down to arthritis and may go on Rx for such causing more problems!

prematurely aged and very brown!

I have been on leviquin for about 3 months...........and I was having alot of trouble with my legs aching almost like they were ate up with arthritis........I would have to sit with a heating pad on them just to make the pain go away.........do you think it could have been because of the leviquin??.......I'm not taking it now.......now I'm on amoxilynn.........I told the dr about the aching and she didn't seem to know what was causing it.........I suggested poor blood flow??? and she didn't seem to think that was it.........just thought it interesting to find that leviquin had caused joint pain.......:) sondra