RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: A Woman with AS share her thoughts with us...---

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, What's CHADD? Anyway, I hope your meeting goes well, and wish you good skill in talking tactfully with your new ASpie face-to-face acquaintance. I pray that all goes perfectly. In addition, perhaps the idea behind not letting the sun go down on your anger means to deal with it in a timely manner- for example, if I get angry one minute before sundown, I will not likely be able to avoid letting the sum go down on my anger. I am still learning. I do take the Bible literally- perhaps, as an ASpie, I have a tendancy to take it too literally- and actually try for sundown when it isn't practical. i should be trying for the spirit of what is written- that is in there, too. In any case, do NTs really do better if they discuss thigs more quickly? I know I feel better when I take care of things more quickly, but often need a few hours to figure out what happened, as well

as cool off, at times. I can often deal with something the same day. wrote: ....Thanks :) Well, if someone came to talk to me about AS on a bus, it's the LAST place I'd want to talk about it. It's no one's business in knowing about my personal life unless I choose to make it public. That's where I put a boundary, and why I use to word "choose" as opposed to "have". I don't have to do anything, but I choose to do something or not.I

had been talking with her online. Unfortunately, she met me on this one bus route I had been taking and I had no idea it was her. Then, she asked me if I was . I said I was, then she kept talking and kept talking and kept talking. I was like, "I know I have Asperger's and such, but I don't need for this person to ask me about my life with Asperger's". I felt it was a very inappropriate time for her to talk with me about it. I didn't feel like talking about it, number one. Number two, she should have asked me first if I wanted to talk about it. If I see her on the bus tomorrow (she claims she is going to the local CHADD meeting tomorrow night), I will have a discussion with her in private about what took place on the bus a week or so ago (and my displeasure about what she did).Let's just say I am over that episode from a week or so ago. However, this person WILL KNOW how I felt about it. I will approach this

very tactfully. I won't be like a "loose cannon" of sorts. Yeah I know about the sun not going down on anger stuff. Trust me when I say everyone (NT or AS) is better off by cooling down before discussing an issue with someone. That is why I didn't storm back at her on the bus and said what I could have. .

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.