RemedySpot.com

Re: screaming

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Ann,

This is a different kind of screaming than what I was thinking of. (I was thinking of screaming as in going off with a bunch of words in a loud high pitched voice) I was very very jumpy as a kid as well. (Still am) Sometimes I could know that my sister was going to jump out at me and I would still jump, my heart would pound, adrenalin rush, etc. I have always tended toward internalizing things though so I don't think I ever screamed. On the contrary I became more non verbal, but I would physically jump. The only solution I found was to be hyper vigilant to my surroundings. I am still that way. I always am looking around at everything and memorizing who is where. Also I stand with my back to something, like a wall, etc. It is very stressful to be so vigilant but it cut down on people/things/animals being able to startle me. I hate being startled. It hasn't eliminated the startle response but it has helped me to control my reaction so that I am able to not give physical signs of being startled... which eliminates annoying people deliberatly trying to startle me because they only do this sort of thing to people who they get the satisfaction of a result. Maybe that would work for you... I don't know. Sounds like we have a similar problem with a different reaction.

Jennie