RemedySpot.com

screaming

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jennie,

I'm sorry I misunderstood. You advice is helpful though, as I think you are right that we have a similar problem. I hate having my back to people. Our office is set up so that my back is to the door - I don't like it, but the room is such that I don't think I can turn it around. My husband is so quiet that most times I don't hear him coming. I will try to figure out a way to rearrange the furniture in here. I might also be able to do that in the bedroom. I am in bed a lot because of my chemo and the door is to the side of the bed. So, if I am engrossed in a book or tv, my peripheral vision doesn't kick in, or he starts talking before he gets to the door, I jump or scream. It annoys him - I don't know why because I don't do it on purpose. Thanks for the help.

Ann

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Ann,

Your husband should be annoyed with himself as he could probably fix this problem by just making noise where ever he goes so your subconcious brain could be tracking him. My guess is, it's not the noise that makes you jump but the suddenness of it. All quiet and then BANG. If he walked around whistling or something do you think it would help?

LOL Reminds me of a story I read as a kid about some mice who wanted to put a bell on the cat so it couldn't sneak up on them. Maybe you could sew little bells on your husband's shoes. LOL

Jennie