RemedySpot.com

Re: need help posting messages

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sharon,

Unfortunately I don't have yahoo mail so I am not familiar with the problem you describe... Have you tried going directly to the Aspires page of yahoo and posting off the message there? Maybe it would work better for you? Wish I could help,

Jennie

need help posting messages

Help!!!I just wasted another hunk of valuable minutes and heartfeltcommunication writing a reply to a post, only to lose it when I tried tosend it.I have some type of visual learning problem, and these message forumsare really hard for me to use.Bill, Anita, , , Jennie, could some of you try to helpexplain the format of how to do this, to me? Please not everybody all atonce friends, or I will get confused. I just mentioned the above folks,because I think I understand their language-styles well, although I amsure that many of our group members would be helpful :-).I just poured my guts out in a reply to 's post re: women and AS,about my probably being AS and feeling lost and struggling with being incharge of my family of AS husband and kids, only to lose the message.This has happened to me numerous times, so if it looks like I have notposted much, it's because *I keep screwing this up*!#*^#%! Aargh...My biggest problem is trying to reply-- first I read messages with myyahoo mail, and click on 'reply via web posting', then insert my replyin the top of the posting, only to lose it after that point. Sometimes,I have trouble not being able to see the whole message, because I haveto scroll back and forth to respond, and I am unclear of how the messageI type actaully gets posted--In other words, I can only understand processes like this, if I get amental picture of the hierarchy of actions, just like an organizationalflow chart. Does anybody understand? I need to understand what the richtext window does to messages, and how a web post reply is different froma newly posted window, and how does one snip and manage messages (isthere an easier way than to copy and paste into a works or word format,i.e. directly in the text editor) without bouncing from window to windowor program to program. <:- oAlso, is there a time limit for the web posting? I think I may havetimed-out several times, because I am slow and lengthy in my posts.Thanks all. I guess this may be further proof of what I was previouslywriting about, as I am displaying a minor meltdown about trying toutilize this group forum format.For me, verbal processing would be so much easier, but I get a lot fromreading everyone's words. It slows my thinking down, and I find that Iam feeling a lot more of what I am going through as I process the inputand thoughts here more slowly (meditatively?).Thanks to all, and I hope everyone had a meaningful holiday time-- Iwant to post about this next time I get on the laptop.Sharon NT (?) wife and mom of AS family, who is feeling incompetentright now.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.9/1197 - Release Date: 12/25/2007 8:04 PM

You would be better using email and an email client on the computer you

are using, not a web browser. (to do that you need a computer, email

account and email client)

As email all the posts to group appear as normal emails. Reply acts

exactly the same as any other email.

Incoming emails from group can be filtered into a folder called for

example aspies

They are probably displayed threaded, can see which is a reply to what.

About the only alternative given a web browser client needs you to

always remember to save the text of your message before doing something

dangerous. That is hard to remember.

Possibly you could write your reply using a simple text editor, copy the

text and paste into the web client. If things go wrong you still have

the original and can try again.

enkerem77 wrote:

> Help!!!

>

> I just wasted another hunk of valuable minutes and heartfelt

> communication writing a reply to a post, only to lose it when I tried to

> send it.

>

> I have some type of visual learning problem, and these message forums

> are really hard for me to use.

>

> Bill, Anita, , , Jennie, could some of you try to help

> explain the format of how to do this, to me? Please not everybody all at

> once friends, or I will get confused. I just mentioned the above folks,

> because I think I understand their language-styles well, although I am

> sure that many of our group members would be helpful :-).

>

> I just poured my guts out in a reply to 's post re: women and AS,

> about my probably being AS and feeling lost and struggling with being in

> charge of my family of AS husband and kids, only to lose the message.

> This has happened to me numerous times, so if it looks like I have not

> posted much, it's because *I keep screwing this up*!#*^#%! Aargh...

>

> My biggest problem is trying to reply-- first I read messages with my

> yahoo mail, and click on 'reply via web posting', then insert my reply

> in the top of the posting, only to lose it after that point. Sometimes,

> I have trouble not being able to see the whole message, because I have

> to scroll back and forth to respond, and I am unclear of how the message

> I type actaully gets posted--

>

> In other words, I can only understand processes like this, if I get a

> mental picture of the hierarchy of actions, just like an organizational

> flow chart. Does anybody understand? I need to understand what the rich

> text window does to messages, and how a web post reply is different from

> a newly posted window, and how does one snip and manage messages (is

> there an easier way than to copy and paste into a works or word format,

> i.e. directly in the text editor) without bouncing from window to window

> or program to program. <:- o

>

> Also, is there a time limit for the web posting? I think I may have

> timed-out several times, because I am slow and lengthy in my posts.

>

> Thanks all. I guess this may be further proof of what I was previously

> writing about, as I am displaying a minor meltdown about trying to

> utilize this group forum format.

>

> For me, verbal processing would be so much easier, but I get a lot from

> reading everyone's words. It slows my thinking down, and I find that I

> am feeling a lot more of what I am going through as I process the input

> and thoughts here more slowly (meditatively?).

>

> Thanks to all, and I hope everyone had a meaningful holiday time-- I

> want to post about this next time I get on the laptop.

>

> Sharon NT (?) wife and mom of AS family, who is feeling incompetent

> right now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Sharon, What has happened to you may be a problem with Yahoo. There are three easy "fixes": (1) Switch to gmail- it is much easier to handle. (2) If you keep Yahoo, get yahoo Beta- again, it is easier to handle. you can just choose this option, and it will convert your email automatically, and give you a few more features, and make forwarding easier. It is free, too. (3) (Your current format) When you write your reply, before you send, click on the body of the original letter. This is the part below that boldface thing that says who sent it to you, and what he or she wrote. Then, you will not be in the place you want to be, to edit what you were sent- but you are close to where you want to be. On the right hand side, there is a scroll bar. Scrol down and

carefully place your cursor on the place you want to be. Then, edit gingerly and carefully. One final note: The first few times you try this, try saving it as a WORD document as back-up, in case it gets deleted by your over-scrolling- I have done this by mistake, too. Hope this helps! enkerem77 wrote: Help!!!I just wasted another hunk of valuable minutes and

heartfeltcommunication writing a reply to a post, only to lose it when I tried tosend it.I have some type of visual learning problem, and these message forumsare really hard for me to use.Bill, Anita, , , Jennie, could some of you try to helpexplain the format of how to do this, to me? Please not everybody all atonce friends, or I will get confused. I just mentioned the above folks,because I think I understand their language-styles well, although I amsure that many of our group members would be helpful :-).I just poured my guts out in a reply to 's post re: women and AS,about my probably being AS and feeling lost and struggling with being incharge of my family of AS husband and kids, only to lose the message.This has happened to me numerous times, so if it looks like I have notposted much, it's because *I keep screwing this up*!#*^#%! Aargh...My biggest problem is trying to

reply-- first I read messages with myyahoo mail, and click on 'reply via web posting', then insert my replyin the top of the posting, only to lose it after that point. Sometimes,I have trouble not being able to see the whole message, because I haveto scroll back and forth to respond, and I am unclear of how the messageI type actaully gets posted--In other words, I can only understand processes like this, if I get amental picture of the hierarchy of actions, just like an organizationalflow chart. Does anybody understand? I need to understand what the richtext window does to messages, and how a web post reply is different froma newly posted window, and how does one snip and manage messages (isthere an easier way than to copy and paste into a works or word format,i.e. directly in the text editor) without bouncing from window to windowor program to program. <:- oAlso, is there a time limit for the web posting?

I think I may havetimed-out several times, because I am slow and lengthy in my posts.Thanks all. I guess this may be further proof of what I was previouslywriting about, as I am displaying a minor meltdown about trying toutilize this group forum format.For me, verbal processing would be so much easier, but I get a lot fromreading everyone's words. It slows my thinking down, and I find that Iam feeling a lot more of what I am going through as I process the inputand thoughts here more slowly (meditatively?).Thanks to all, and I hope everyone had a meaningful holiday time-- Iwant to post about this next time I get on the laptop.Sharon NT (?) wife and mom of AS family, who is feeling incompetentright now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Thanks to all who helped-- I better understand this system,

hierarchically. Special thanks to Anita for your visual instructions!

I have one or two follow-up questions that I will ask when I get my head

together.

At least, I am not losing messages now, and that is great!

Sharon

>

>

> Help!!!

>

> I just wasted another hunk of valuable minutes and heartfelt

> communication writing a reply to a post, only to lose it when I tried

to

> send it.

>

> I have some type of visual learning problem, and these message forums

> are really hard for me to use.

>

> Bill, Anita, , , Jennie, could some of you try to help

> explain the format of how to do this, to me? Please not everybody all

at

> once friends, or I will get confused. I just mentioned the above

folks,

> because I think I understand their language-styles well, although I am

> sure that many of our group members would be helpful :-).

>

> I just poured my guts out in a reply to 's post re: women and

AS,

> about my probably being AS and feeling lost and struggling with being

in

> charge of my family of AS husband and kids, only to lose the message.

> This has happened to me numerous times, so if it looks like I have not

> posted much, it's because *I keep screwing this up*!#*^#%! Aargh...

>

> My biggest problem is trying to reply-- first I read messages with my

> yahoo mail, and click on 'reply via web posting', then insert my reply

> in the top of the posting, only to lose it after that point.

Sometimes,

> I have trouble not being able to see the whole message, because I have

> to scroll back and forth to respond, and I am unclear of how the

> I type actaully gets posted--

>

> In other words, I can only understand processes like this, if I get a

> mental picture of the hierarchy of actions, just like an

organizational

> flow chart. Does anybody understand? I need to understand what the

rich

> text window does to messages, and how a web post reply is different

from

> a newly posted window, and how does one snip and manage messages (is

> there an easier way than to copy and paste into a works or word

format,

> i.e. directly in the text editor) without bouncing from window to

window

> or program to program. <:- o

>

> Also, is there a time limit for the web posting? I think I may have

> timed-out several times, because I am slow and lengthy in my posts.

>

> Thanks all. I guess this may be further proof of what I was previously

> writing about, as I am displaying a minor meltdown about trying to

> utilize this group forum format.

>

> For me, verbal processing would be so much easier, but I get a lot

from

> reading everyone's words. It slows my thinking down, and I find that I

> am feeling a lot more of what I am going through as I process the

input

> and thoughts here more slowly (meditatively?).

>

> Thanks to all, and I hope everyone had a meaningful holiday time-- I

> want to post about this next time I get on the laptop.

>

> Sharon NT (?) wife and mom of AS family, who is feeling incompetent

> right now.

>

I get my messages individually on my email list...I just reply when I want, read and delete the rest... it is really easy.. perhaps this would work for you. I also do not share my computer with anyone, so maybe you do and this would not work?  Janet ZEE sharing your frustration with computers. Help!!!I just wasted another hunk of valuable minutes and heartfeltcommunication writing a reply to a post, only to lose it when I tried tosend it.I have some type of visual learning problem, and these message forumsare really hard for me to use.Bill, Anita, , , Jennie, could some of you try to helpexplain the format of how to do this, to me? Please not everybody all atonce friends, or I will get confused. I just mentioned the above folks,because I think I understand their language-styles well, although I amsure that many of our group members would be helpful :-).I just poured my guts out in a reply to 's post re: women and AS,about my probably being AS and feeling lost and struggling with being incharge of my family of AS husband and kids, only to lose the message.This has happened to me numerous times, so if it looks like I have notposted much, it's because *I keep screwing this up*!#*^#%! Aargh...My biggest problem is trying to reply-- first I read messages with myyahoo mail, and click on 'reply via web posting', then insert my replyin the top of the posting, only to lose it after that point. Sometimes,I have trouble not being able to see the whole message, because I haveto scroll back and forth to respond, and I am unclear of how the messageI type actaully gets posted--In other words, I can only understand processes like this, if I get amental picture of the hierarchy of actions, just like an organizationalflow chart. Does anybody understand? I need to understand what the richtext window does to messages, and how a web post reply is different froma newly posted window, and how does one snip and manage messages (isthere an easier way than to copy and paste into a works or word format,i.e. directly in the text editor) without bouncing from window to windowor program to program. <:- oAlso, is there a time limit for the web posting? I think I may havetimed-out several times, because I am slow and lengthy in my posts.Thanks all. I guess this may be further proof of what I was previouslywriting about, as I am displaying a minor meltdown about trying toutilize this group forum format.For me, verbal processing would be so much easier, but I get a lot fromreading everyone's words. It slows my thinking down, and I find that Iam feeling a lot more of what I am going through as I process the inputand thoughts here more slowly (meditatively?).Thanks to all, and I hope everyone had a meaningful holiday time-- Iwant to post about this next time I get on the laptop.Sharon NT (?) wife and mom of AS family, who is feeling incompetentright now.