RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Ahhh.. Christmas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hay Sharon, Happy Fiftieth! My father sent me a card that said, "Welcome to the century club"-- he was in the 3/4 century club, and I was in the half century club. I got together with a few sisters from Church, all of us single and several turning 59 at about the same time, and we went out to lunch together. Hope your brthday is really memorable. , 51 enkerem77 wrote: Hey Janet!Your

Christmas experience sounds similar to mine, my wedding anniversaryis Jan 4, and my birthday is in January.Maybe we should talk about getting on each other's gift list, and getthis fixed! LOL!Anyway, it's hard, and I am proud of you for your ability to cry aboutit, and exercise some serenity in acceptance.You go girl! Happy New Year to you-SharonPS My 50th is next month, and I've thought about having a friend help myhusband and sons throw a little bash, (that I would pay for of course)so I can remember this auspicious day with some fun memories. Is this acrazy idea, or what? .

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Sharon, there is more... my birthday is Jan. 6!  Needless to say, there was no gift, card, etc for our 25th and about 1/2 way through the day, it just hit me hard so I took a little walk (he was working down in his shop like he does every  day... every day) and tried to buck up.  I decided to fix a really nice dinner with wine and candles, so we had that and I think he liked it.    I also made a birthday party for myself on my 40th and my 50th (also his 40th, 50th and 60th)  For my 40th, I told everyone they had to bring a gift... something recycled!  It was a blast.. I did it all myself which is easier for me to do rather than 'help' him do any part of it.  I guess he pays ... haha.  for my 50th, I also told people they had to bring a gift... in multiples of 50.  Even more fun as many of the same people came and they were psyched up and creative.  He gave me 50 yellow roses which was very sweet and unexpected. Not a crazy idea... do it.  Even if it has to be a pot-luck.   for his 60th, I had a pie party.. everyone had to bring a pie...any kind of pie ..  we had over 30 pies.  I shooed everyone out of the kitchen and a couple of friends helped me award a small gag gift and category  for each pie.  The children carried each  pie around so everyone could see it.  We had some real doozies.  A tiny pie about the size of a quarter with one raisin to a man who brought his dutch oven and made a chicken pie on the spot over a fire in the front yard!   Then we ate all the pies.. what a feast!  People are still talking about it!  doit, do it do it.  It won't come 'round again... Happy birthday!  Janet ZEEps... I also bought myself some gifts.. a really nice skagen watch, and eight books!   Hey Janet!Your Christmas experience sounds similar to mine, my wedding anniversaryis Jan 4, and my birthday is in January.Maybe we should talk about getting on each other's gift list, and getthis fixed! LOL!Anyway, it's hard, and I am proud of you for your ability to cry aboutit, and exercise some serenity in acceptance.You go girl! Happy New Year to you-SharonPS My 50th is next month, and I've thought about having a friend help myhusband and sons throw a little bash, (that I would pay for of course)so I can remember this auspicious day with some fun memories. Is this acrazy idea, or what?>> >> > So dh and I agreed this would be a light Christmas so we could> > focus on our son. I bought him a set of running tights, running> > socks and new running shoes. All together about $150 dollars minus> > a couple of gift certificates I got from coaching. I got nothing.> > He said "you said it was light." Haha.. I love my AShusband,> > even if he does sometimes make me want to cry.> >> >> >> > a – a little disappointed at nothing under the tree thisyear :(> >> >> >> > -:¦:- (¯`'•.¸(¯`a KathleenSimpson´¯)¸.•'´¯)-:¦:-> >> >> >> >> >>