RemedySpot.com

What's Love Got to Do With It????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello all!!!So many interesting discussions of late, and I found them all interesting. Received Tony Attwood's latest book from Amazon last Friday, and the new book on AS and love is on order.So I began to wonder what LOVE has to do with it?Love makes compromises. Over the years I have changed, but not all at once, and I resist a wife's nagging that I change into what she wants. People need to be accepted for who they are, and just as they are!Whenever I felt myself getting overwhelmed I would hide in the basement fruit cellar as a child or my secret places o be by myself. I finally realized that I needed to tell my partner that I was getting ready to explode, and that I needed to get away by myself for a few hours.I would read, listen to music or walk. Some times I would call a friend, and get my mind off what is vexing me, talk about other matters and calm down.I have helped my

children a lot with money. Wife constantly nags that I give them NO more money so they will learn from their mistakes. BULL! My dad helped all eight of his children, and I will continue to help my daughters, granddaughter, and the 10 year old girl I sponsor through Christian Children's Fund.I enjoy giving gifts for not reason. I like giving books, films and other gifts that teach. To me knowledge is nothing unless it is shared!I expose my children, and granddaughter, to films and humor they would NOT come across normally. My granddaughter is mixed, and much TV at her home is Black oriented. Here she sees Tarzan, Sherlock Holmes, 3 Stooges and The Marx Brothers.All my children act out movie scenes and quote movie lines as responses. They all enjoy The Marx brothers. The Lemonade Stand they love, but pains me. Chico kicks the owner of the lemonade stand, and the guy hollers, "I'll teach you to kick me!" Chico quips, "You no gotta teach me I know how!"

He kicks him again.Alyssa really likes this scene more than the others. I get kicked at least a dozen times when we play the Marx Brothers! If she sees any Marx bros. video she starts the game. I did not know a 4 year old could kick so hard. Love lets her get away with it.I let everyone have their own pace, and never enter it. Wife opens some of everyone's mail, and snoops through drawers. For what I do not know, but it irks me to no end when she roots through things that are not hers. Love has kept me from being physically or verbally abusive even though I am pushed right to the brink!Love is measured by control, and love that grows so much that it becomes action is renamed as COMPASSION!A few things to muse over.....Best to all,Terry KlasekSaint Louis, Missouri