RemedySpot.com

Creativity Support Group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

I'm considering starting a small creativity support for people working on artistic projects or wanting to start one. The group will be held in my office at 19 W. 34th St. from 6:30-8:30 on a week-night every other week.The cost will be approximately $200 for the whole series of six sessions taking place over 12 weeks, with e-mail support, payable at the first session.

This group will be focused specifically on supporting personal creative process. It will include 1}sharing work in progress in a safe, process-oriented group; 2}improvisational writing and visual arts exercises to stimulate right brain thinking; and 3) formulating small, concrete actions to move forward through the resistances, fears, and external distractions that so often derail creative projects.

Since 1994, I have been using writing and other arts to help people move through life crisis and transition. In addition to my healing story practice, I'm a working writer (a veteran journalist and short story writer), currently at work on a book (working title: "Ward 10: Creativity and Love in Maximum Security,"). I'm also the founder of Arts for Life, a nonprofit that provides creative support to individuals, caregivers and crisis responders, and communities. Recent projects have included a creative writing group for people living with HIV/AIDS and a combined storytelling/stress reduction workshop for firefighters. Arts for Life won the National Storytelling Foundation's 2007 Brimstone Award for Applied Storytelling.

If you are involved in a creative project and or know someone who is looking for this very special kind of creative support, please write to me off-list (juliet@...), or call me at to discuss it further. If there's sufficient interest, I'll schedule this group.

t Bruce, Ph.D.

www.arts-for-life.org