RemedySpot.com

Re: Predinisone Side Effects

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have to disagree. All Prednison side affects are severe and they are life threatening. I also developed Diabetes and I am thankful all of the side affects went away when I stopped this horrible drug.I refuse and will never go back on it.Sharonsaracparker wrote: I did have several of the side effects including weight gain, easy bruising, abdominal striae, and I also retained water

which led to swelling of the face so much that it was painful to smile! I had the classic "buffalo(camel) hump at the nape of my neck as well. I guess I felt that these side effects were tolerable and not severe enough for me to stop the Prednisone. Thanks for the pregnancy advice! I'll let you know what happens! :-) Sara . Sharon L. Schuckman sharupac@...

I am pregnant and will have to suffer with EN symptoms for the next 5

months (this is #4 for me, so I know how it will go). My Dr is

trying to convince me to take prednisone, as I am having a hard time

taking care of my children, and I have had to find a replacement at

work. I am worried about all the side effects, but she is telling me

they are rare. I have read all the online info, I would love to hear

first hand experiences.

-Hannah

P.S. Sara, I would like to tell you more about my pregnancies if you

would like to hear, but I am having a hard time typing it all out.

If you would like, you can email me your number and I can call you.

However, I never had it as bad as you described even in my worst

times.

I did have several of the side effects including weight gain, easy

> bruising, abdominal striae, and I also retained water which led to

> swelling of the face so much that it was painful to smile! I had

the

> classic " buffalo(camel) hump at the nape of my neck as well.

>

> I guess I felt that these side effects were tolerable and not

severe

> enough for me to stop the Prednisone.

>

> Thanks for the pregnancy advice! I'll let you know what

happens! :-)

>

> Sara

>

>

>

> Recent Activity

>

> 6

> New Members

>

> 6

> New Files

>

> Visit Your Group

>

Cancer Support

> on Yahoo! Groups

> Connect w/ others

> find help & share

>

> Healthy Eating

> A Yahoo! resource

> for families on

> how to eat healthy

>

> Yahoo! Health

> Live Better Longer

> Find new ways

> to stay healthy.

>

>

>

> .

>

>

>

>

>

> Sharon L. Schuckman

> sharupac@...

>

My experience with Prednisone was just an overall bad feeling. I was very emotional and I just didn't feel like myself. I also had weight gain, my Dr. said that was from water retention. I was only on Prednisone for about 2-3 weeks. But I am definately glad to be off of it. I couldn't imagine beeing on Prednisone for months. The side effects were definately bearable for me considering the pain I was feeling with the flare-ups. The pain subsided right away.saracparker wrote: I did have

several of the side effects including weight gain, easy bruising, abdominal striae, and I also retained water which led to swelling of the face so much that it was painful to smile! I had the classic "buffalo(camel) hump at the nape of my neck as well. I guess I felt that these side effects were tolerable and not severe enough for me to stop the Prednisone.Thanks for the pregnancy advice! I'll let you know what happens! :-)Sara>> Hi Sara,> Did you have any of Prednisone's side effects? > > http://vasculitis.med.jhu.edu/treatments/prednisone.html> > Pregnancy is a common EN trigger, but having EN has not be found

to ever hurt the baby.> > Prednsone has has some risk if taken during pregnancy> http://www.umm.edu/altmed/drugs/prednisone-105700.htm#Pregnancy%20Risk%20Factor> > Good luck whatever you decide to do!> Love,> > idio. EN '68> > > > > You can help Erythema Nodosum Research. Just go to www.goodsearch.com and under the I'm Supporting section enter Erythema Nodosum Research Fund. Every time you use Goodsearch to search, a penny will be donated to EN Research. So sign up today, and be sure to tell your friends, family and co-workers. Let's find a cure for Erythema Nodosum!> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your

homepage.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.