RemedySpot.com

Re: Newbie!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Sandy,

Have you tried the organic cider vinegar treatment yet? The folks hear swear by it!

Jen

My story is a LONG one but I will tell it later.I was just diagnosed with EN the other week after this all started in Sept. I already do have auto-immune issues(ulcerative colitis,fibromyalgia,osteoarthritis,etc.). My dermatologist told me that EN does not usually develope into ulcerated sores.He did a biopsy of my arm(big lumps).He did not do a biospy of my legs because they were so bad(big deep open sores),he did not want to make it worse.He did say that most likely I have pyoderma gangrenosum on my legs.(I can have both apparently.)All I can say is,this all started when I live trapped 3 feral cats and took them to the local shelter(no kill). I ended up bringing fleas into my house and I got bites all over.These little 'injuries' led to EN/PG.I also bumped my shin during this and that turned into EN lump.I will make a photo album shortly and show the start to finish,well it is not over yet. I just started taking Dapsone about a little over a week now.(along with folic acid)Blood test this next weke and then back to Derm. Dr. on Dec.3rd. This is no fun AT ALL.I am glad I found a group that deals with this.Totally not like my other pain issues.Sandy One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!

I have heard about problems arising with cats with those who are prone to EN/PG. There are some studies on medical sites. Something about spores etc.I do not have ulcerated lumps. I just get massive lumps sometimes 8 or more inches in diameter. They all fuse together.I have done every therapy under the sun. Spent thousands upon thousands of dollars. Here are the things that work for me:get your thyroid checked. Even if your doctor says it is not an issue have it tested. You need to know your TSH 3/ TSH 4 count. Anything offwill effect your skin.You need to take Vitamin D and all your skin vitamins. It is best to get a blood test where they send it to a lab and test all your nutritional levels. This way you will know where you are deficient. Most of us who suffer from EN are incredibly deficient in Vitamin D. Take acidophilus for your colon and good bacteria. Very important. Most of those who have had EN since they were kids has been perscribed tons of anibiotics which is terrible for your colon. The accidophilus is essential for good bowels. Also check if you have Candida. Another thing EN people deal with. Very simple poor man's test; Set a glass of water by your bed. make sure it is glass. when you wake up in the morning the first thing you are going to do is spit in that glass of water. If your spit stays floating on top you do not have Candida. If your spit grows spindals and lingers down to the bottom of the glass-- you have Candida. This will slow down any healing process. There is a very specific diet to be on for ridding yourself of Candida. And you have to stay true to it in order to recieve the full benefits. But let me tell you it is a revelation when your discover the power of food and healing with food. If you want any more information on the Candida diet let me know, but do the test to see if you even have it.try to take ACV (organic Braggs with the mother in it. Very good for healing wounds and swelling. You must mix it with purified water. It will sting with you because you haveopen sores. I actually made a mixture I would keep in the fridge, especially in the summer when my legs would burn and blister. I would spritz the solution on my legs and recieve relief. For you it stings for only a short while--a few seconds. When I have an outbreak I do three to four times a day of soaking ACV clothes and laying them over my legs.The healing is magnificent. When my outbreak is over. I just continue to drink it.I also drink it 3 times a day; 2 tbls in 8-10 oz of water and 1 tbls organic honey to taste. Try to brush your teeth after as it can take the enamel off over time.The benefits of this cocktail is bountiful; weightloss, your skin and hair looks fabulous, helps heal colon issues, makes you regular, excellent source of potassium, on and on.There is a book you should order online; Bragg's book on the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar. You also can google it and research it.This 4 dollar bottle of vinegar has been my lifesaver. My legs bare no evidence, except for some broken veins where my lumps got too large.I have been lump free for many months. Wishing you a speedy recovery!mlEN 1975 Newbie!

My story is a LONG one but I will tell it later.

I was just diagnosed with EN the other week after this all started in

Sept. I already do have auto-immune issues(ulcerative

colitis,fibromyalgia,osteoarthritis,etc.). My dermatologist told me

that EN does not usually develope into ulcerated sores.He did a biopsy

of my arm(big lumps).He did not do a biospy of my legs because they

were so bad(big deep open sores),he did not want to make it worse.He

did say that most likely I have pyoderma gangrenosum on my legs.(I can

have both apparently.)

All I can say is,this all started when I live trapped 3 feral cats and

took them to the local shelter(no kill). I ended up bringing fleas into

my house and I got bites all over.These little 'injuries' led to

EN/PG.I also bumped my shin during this and that turned into EN lump.

I will make a photo album shortly and show the start to finish,well it

is not over yet. I just started taking Dapsone about a little over a

week now.(along with folic acid)Blood test this next weke and then back

to Derm. Dr. on Dec.3rd. This is no fun AT ALL.

I am glad I found a group that deals with this.Totally not like my

other pain issues.

Sandy