RemedySpot.com

NYS LCAT exam question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,My name is Prudente and I am a drama therapist in NYC. I will be taking the first of the two required case narrative exams for the NYS LCAT license in a few weeks. I was would like to ask if anyone reading the list serves has taken the exams already and if so, I would GREATLY appreciate any feedback about the exams (

i.e. time constraints, scoring, etc.). Since I've begun preparing for a few weeks now, I wonder if any drama therapists will be reading the exams so that the exams are scored fairly and accurately with a mental health professional who is adequately informed of appropriate drama therapy practices - as opposed to another CAT. What I've realized during this licensesure process, it seems drama therapist, dance/movement therapist and poetry therapist will be taking the NYS sponsored case narrative exam in higher numbers than since art therapist and music therapist have the option of taking their own respective modalities board certification exams (which are much cheeper and serve a dual purpose, NYS licensesure and further credentialing in their respective modalities). Thank you for reading this. If anyone has any feed back about the NYS case narrative please feel free to email me personally at kat.prudente@... to prevent clogging up the list serves.

Thanks you!-- Sincerely, Prudente