RemedySpot.com

art/rec. posting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I agree about not posting the particulars of someone's experience and appreciate the original author's professionalism to apologize.

In the past, when I had a similar experience at another facility, I wrote a posting which invited interested therapists to write to me privately rather than on a public site.

I have also had supervisors who were unethical and poor supervisors. However, they taught me some very valuable and hard lessons about recognizing when I was being manipulated and to assert myself in a respectful way without feeling guilty about doing so. A few things that were very helpful were: 1) not to take their shortcomings personally 2) to see them as having shortcomings and have pity on such miserable people 3) Shower them with lots of light to disarm their negativity and to protect myself 4) keep looking for another job so I didn't feel stuck 5) go to the gym/exercise/massage/have fun after work so that my day isn't centered around someone else's negativity. It's also helpful to ask if the position is a union one when going on an interview.

When I had a supervisory position, those previous difficult experiences as a subordinate had a humbling effect.-- Shoshana AverbachMSW, LMSW, MA, MT-BC, LCAT, Accredited Healer

healingnotes.com