on the group site in our Files and Folders on the subject of PG. As a

general rule, EN doesn't ulcerate, but PG does. PG is much more

serious than EN and needs to be treated properly. This mean wound care

and appropriate meds. PG can spread like wildfire if it isn't cared

for correctly, so make sure you find out what is going on and get it

treated. Jeff is our PG expert and if you do get a diagnosis of PG,

he'll help you. Right now he's busy with his career, but he always

makes times for our members. About half the time PG is associated with

an autoimmune disorder, so if you have one that could be the trigger.

Love,

idio EN '68 [in Remission now]

Hi Sandy and ,

Thanks for the info. My symptoms actually started with a single medium sized nodule on the area of my right ankle. The symptoms that accompany it -- swelling, redness, pain when standing up -- were consistent with my previous experience with EN. The swelling also spread to my other foot just like the last time. I then developed a few smaller nodules on the same leg -- all of these have now flattened out although there is still some bruising on the area. I had a swollen tendon on the right leg and numerous very small nodules on the top of my foot and also the ankle. All the nodules are now gone and tendon has gone down considerably. Both feet and ankle area remain red, itches like crazy and sometimes painful although tolerable. When the pain gets too much I use Naprosyn and it responds right away. I have read that EN never develop into ulcers but I think I may have caused the sores to develop

because I could not help but scratch -- the itching was driving me crazy. I know I broke the skin on top of the biggest nodule because of scratching. The hole is about the size of my previous punch biopsy site and has now scabbed over. It hasn't spread and no longer has any oozing and completely dry.

I will definitely make an appointment and get tested in the next few days. I actually feel better -- my feet feel so much better, although being on my feet always bring back the swelling. Bed rest really does help but then again, who has time for that when you have a family to take care of.

Thank you so, so much for the info. I hope you all realize how much this forum means to me.

Merry Christmas to all,

Flo

Subject: Re:Newbie!/PG?To: erythema_nodosum_Group Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 1:26 PM

Hi Flo,Our Group supports both EN and pyoderma gangrenosum [PG]. We have infoon the group site in our Files and Folders on the subject of PG. As ageneral rule, EN doesn't ulcerate, but PG does. PG is much moreserious than EN and needs to be treated properly. This mean wound careand appropriate meds. PG can spread like wildfire if it isn't caredfor correctly, so make sure you find out what is going on and get ittreated. Jeff is our PG expert and if you do get a diagnosis of PG,he'll help you. Right now he's busy with his career, but he alwaysmakes times for our members. About half the time PG is associated withan autoimmune disorder, so if you have one that could be the trigger.Love,idio EN '68 [in Remission now]

sandy,

you're fortunate. many derm docs don't even know pg.

jeff,

pg,

cd

>

> PG progresses like wildfire. Mine got worse daily. The ONLY Dr. who

knew what it was,was my dermatologist.UGH!

> Sandy

>