RemedySpot.com

Re: Eeek!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

discussions of free will are entertaining enough, but I have worked providing and teaching ACT with hundreds of clients and thousands of therapists around the world and have never found a discussion of free will necessary.Just let it go Laurel. As I said, freewill conversations are entertaining enough, but not in any fashion essential to ACT.peace,kelly G. 205 Peabody BuildingPsychology DepartmentUniversity of MississippiOxford, MS 38677ph: fax: (do not use either of these during summer)(do not leave messages on office phone)ph: (best phone number, also best for messages)fax: homepage: http://www.olemiss.edu/working/kwilson/kwilson.htm The more I read the posts over the past several days, the more I wonder if I'm "smart" enough for ACT! I'm on overload processing all the free will stuff. L.

Why would you question your intelligence? So what if you don't think you are "smart enough" to keep up with free will discussions? Who cares? If that is not your cup of tea, so what?

You do not have to 'process' the free will stuff. Just let it go in one ear and out the other. Hit the DELETE key.

it sounds to me that you are judging yourself as not good enough, or not smart enough, when you are simply not interested in this subject. It REALLY doesn't matter if you are or aren't smart enough. It has nothing to do with smartness.

Best,

Helena

Eeek!

The more I read the posts over the past several days, the more I wonder if I'm "smart" enough for ACT! I'm on overload processing all the free will stuff.

L.

Dear Helena:

DUH!

Bill

Re: Eeek!

Why would you question your intelligence? So what if you don't think you are "smart enough" to keep up with free will discussions? Who cares? If that is not your cup of tea, so what?

You do not have to 'process' the free will stuff. Just let it go in one ear and out the other. Hit the DELETE key.

it sounds to me that you are judging yourself as not good enough, or not smart enough, when you are simply not interested in this subject. It REALLY doesn't matter if you are or aren't smart enough. It has nothing to do with smartness.

Best,

Helena

Eeek!

The more I read the posts over the past several days, the more I wonder if I'm "smart" enough for ACT! I'm on overload processing all the free will stuff.

L.

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.

I love your posts Laurel, so don't get discouraged. I'm wordy and

heavy and yours are delightful and to the point. I think they are a

very valiabe contribution and problably suite the majority of people

on this site more so than mine.

The free will thing has about run its course for this period and I

have gained a lot out of it. Since 's last post I have been

funding it easier to defuse from guilt. It's still tough, but I

didn't choose my circumstances.

Kavy

>

> The more I read the posts over the past several days, the more I

wonder if I'm " smart " enough for ACT! I'm on overload processing all

the free will stuff.

>  

> L.

>

I can spell, but something goes wrong (often) for some reason. I

wish Yahoo had a spell check.

It's 'valuable' and 'finding ' I meant.

Kavy

-- In ACT_for_the_Public , " kavyvinson "

wrote:

>

> I love your posts Laurel, so don't get discouraged. I'm wordy and

> heavy and yours are delightful and to the point. I think they are a

> very valiabe contribution and problably suite the majority of

people

> on this site more so than mine.

>

> The free will thing has about run its course for this period and I

> have gained a lot out of it. Since 's last post I have been

> funding it easier to defuse from guilt. It's still tough, but I

> didn't choose my circumstances.

>

> Kavy

>

>

>

>

>

>

> >

> > The more I read the posts over the past several days, the more I

> wonder if I'm " smart " enough for ACT! I'm on overload processing

all

> the free will stuff.

> >  

> > L.

> >

>

Typos happen. I get embarrassed, too.

Thank you and thank you. :-) I will press on. I had a beast of a weekend, with yesterday taking me into suicidal ideation (again!). I kept doing things, with less energy and passion. I wept. I railed against the universe. I cursed "this punishment." I shared my despair with willing ears.

Time to go back to the basics of mindfulness, willingness, and diffusion. Oh, my stomach hurts already.

I'm about to head off to see my therapist who recommended ACT to me. I'lll ask her to help me get back on track.

Help me stay there, all, too -- as you can and I am willing.

Laurel>> I love your posts Laurel, so don't get discouraged. I'm wordy and > heavy and yours are delightful and to the point. I think they are a > very valiabe contribution and problably suite the majority of people > on this site more so than mine.> > The free will thing has about run its course for this period and I > have gained a lot out of it. Since 's last post I have been > funding it easier to defuse from guilt. It's still tough, but I > didn't choose my circumstances.> > Kavy > > > > >

> > >> > The more I read the posts over the past several days, the more I > wonder if I'm "smart" enough for ACT! I'm on overload processing all > the free will stuff. > > > > L.> >>

Dear Laurel:

Back on track? I think you are superior (my apologies to the author of "The Happiness Trap" and Albert Ellis). Some people are dull and dumb-witted. My guess is that you greatly feel other people's pain and that hurts. I don't think you would have gotten this far if you were a sociopath or a nitwit. As one Thai Mindfulness Master said, "You just have a bigger house to clean. But once it is clean, you will have a very big house." There is one person in Van Nuys who accepts you totally. I love you, Laurel.

Bill

Van Nuys, California

Re: Re: Eeek!

Typos happen. I get embarrassed, too.

Thank you and thank you. :-) I will press on. I had a beast of a weekend, with yesterday taking me into suicidal ideation (again!). I kept doing things, with less energy and passion. I wept. I railed against the universe. I cursed "this punishment." I shared my despair with willing ears.

Time to go back to the basics of mindfulness, willingness, and diffusion. Oh, my stomach hurts already.

I'm about to head off to see my therapist who recommended ACT to me. I'lll ask her to help me get back on track.

Help me stay there, all, too -- as you can and I am willing.

Laurel

>

> I love your posts Laurel, so don't get discouraged. I'm wordy and

> heavy and yours are delightful and to the point. I think they are a

> very valiabe contribution and problably suite the majority of

people

> on this site more so than mine.

>

> The free will thing has about run its course for this period and I

> have gained a lot out of it. Since 's last post I have been

> funding it easier to defuse from guilt. It's still tough, but I

> didn't choose my circumstances.

>

> Kavy

>

>

>

>

>

>

> >

> > The more I read the posts over the past several days, the more I

> wonder if I'm "smart" enough for ACT! I'm on overload processing

all

> the free will stuff.

> >

> > L.

> >

>

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.

Me too.

Kavy

> > >

> > > The more I read the posts over the past several days, the more

I

> > wonder if I'm " smart " enough for ACT! I'm on overload processing

> all

> > the free will stuff.

> > > ?

> > > L.

> > >

> >