RemedySpot.com

Re: Dah Dah di Dah Dah

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks, Louise...very interesting. I happen to love mild sarcasm used humorously, both giving and receiving. I really have to be careful with it, though, or people are offended, even though I would not be. And it is so easy to be misunderstood when using the most simple words: I once said online that I had hooked up with someone, and was dismayed when I got a flurry of responses indicating that they thought I had sex with the person. I didn't know it meant that!

It's funny that at least four of us thought we were the offending party!

Helena

Dah Dah di Dah Dah

Not sure whether that sunject line makes sense to Americans/Australians or other members of what I perfer to think of as the *human* internet community but as I thought this thread was all about anger at my mystification about which country is the most fre country<smile> I thought I would contribute this article (worth reading!)on the subject of Duh and Doh (but not Dah!)http://www.think-ink.net/doh/meaning.htmThe Oxford English Dictionary Online (OED) defines "duh" as" "Expressing inarticulacy or incomprehension. Also (usu. mildly derog.): implying that another person has said something foolish or extremely obvious..........................."Dahdah!!I found it interesting. As a Brit my knowledge of such expressions, whether their intonation is rising or falling or inaudible as here on internet, comes from listening to my son who was primarily educated by Homer Simpson - I couldn't afford private schooling!It's good to know that everyone can sort out their differences here!Louise

Is it not time that you went & buried that bone Helena??? or do you like others to feel bullied as well???

>> Thanks, Louise...very interesting. I happen to love mild sarcasm used humorously, both giving and receiving. I really have to be careful with it, though, or people are offended, even though I would not be. And it is so easy to be misunderstood when using the most simple words: I once said online that I had hooked up with someone, and was dismayed when I got a flurry of responses indicating that they thought I had sex with the person. I didn't know it meant that!> > It's funny that at least four of us thought we were the offending party! > > > Helena> > Dah Dah di Dah Dah> > > Not sure whether that sunject line makes sense to > Americans/Australians or other members of what I perfer to think of > as the *human* internet community but as I thought this thread was > all about anger at my mystification about which country is the most > fre country<smile> I thought I would contribute this article (worth > reading!)on the subject of Duh and Doh (but not Dah!)> > http://www.think-ink.net/doh/meaning.htm> > The Oxford English Dictionary Online (OED) defines "duh" as" > > "Expressing inarticulacy or incomprehension. Also (usu. mildly > derog.): implying that another person has said something foolish or > extremely obvious..........................."> > Dahdah!!> > I found it interesting. As a Brit my knowledge of such expressions, > whether their intonation is rising or falling or inaudible as here on > internet, comes from listening to my son who was primarily educated > by Homer Simpson - I couldn't afford private schooling!> > It's good to know that everyone can sort out their differences here!> > Louise>

Dear Louise:

What about musically: De-dum,de-dum,DE-DUH! :) At least I'm smiling.

Dah Dah di Dah Dah

Not sure whether that sunject line makes sense to

Americans/Australians or other members of what I perfer to think of

as the *human* internet community but as I thought this thread was

all about anger at my mystification about which country is the most

fre country<smile> I thought I would contribute this article (worth

reading!)on the subject of Duh and Doh (but not Dah!)

http://www.think-ink.net/doh/meaning.htm

The Oxford English Dictionary Online (OED) defines "duh" as"

"Expressing inarticulacy or incomprehension. Also (usu. mildly

derog.): implying that another person has said something foolish or

extremely obvious..........................."

Dahdah!!

I found it interesting. As a Brit my knowledge of such expressions,

whether their intonation is rising or falling or inaudible as here on

internet, comes from listening to my son who was primarily educated

by Homer Simpson - I couldn't afford private schooling!

It's good to know that everyone can sort out their differences here!

Louise

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.