RemedySpot.com

Re: VSL#3 probiotic

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't know what VSL#3 is.

We are going to start on colostrum - with the casein removed - soon.

So I can't help with that yet. We may be taking folopro at one point.

xo

>

> Is anyone using vsl#3, Folapro, phoscol, colostrum, evening

primrose oil, or Bio Body Oil?  Any input would be great.  These are

all things I have not tried yet.  The Spectrum Supplements website is

a great one! It has almost everything.  Also, is everyone out there

doing a minimum of 150 billion org./day with probioitcs?  I havn't. 

Maybe that's one reason why we are still having gut issues.    He

definitely is a gut kid.  We did metrodiazonole and diflucan almost 2

years ago for his diarrhea.  It helped tremendously.  Stool was still

not quite normal until we started SCD.  I didn't start it right away

because he wouldn't eat anything.  So, I did gf/cf.  If I could have

done SCD right away, I think he would be alot better today than what

he is.  He is now doing oral DMSA, which I question only because I

wonder if it is to much for his gi.  I am thinking about trying TD

DMPS.   We have a DAN! Dr. and we like her alot, but I don't

> think we are doing enough.   

>

> Amy

>

Don't most probiotics have strep and casein strains of bacteria in them? My son is not PANDAS. Should I still be concerned about these strains?

Amy

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:29:26 PMSubject: Re: VSL#3 probiotic

yes if you are chelating you want a good strong base of probotics to keep from yeast flares and to keep the gut in shape

VSL3 has casein in it and I believe strep as well

Recovering from Autism is a marathonNOT a sprint, but FULLY possible!Read more about it on my BLOGs athttp://www.myspace. com/christelkinghttp://foggyrock. com/MyPage/ recoveringwisheshttp://www.facebook .com/profile. php?id=677063169

VSL#3 probiotic

Is anyone using vsl#3, Folapro, phoscol, colostrum, evening primrose oil, or Bio Body Oil? Any input would be great. These are all things I have not tried yet. The Spectrum Supplements website is a great one! It has almost everything. Also, is everyone out there doing a minimum of 150 billion org./day with probioitcs? I havn't. Maybe that's one reason why we are still having gut issues. He definitely is a gut kid. We did metrodiazonole and diflucan almost 2 years ago for his diarrhea. It helped tremendously. Stool was still not quite normal until we started SCD. I didn't start it right away because he wouldn't eat anything. So, I did gf/cf. If I could have done SCD right away, I think he would be alot better today than what he is. He is now doing oral DMSA, which I question only because I wonder if it is to much for his gi. I am

thinking about trying TD DMPS. We have a DAN! Dr. and we like her alot, but I don't think we are doing enough.

Amy

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.7/1798 - Release Date: 11/18/2008 8:59 PM

We have been using VSL#3 for a year, my son had an immediate improvement with yeast and the behaviors associated with yeast.

I ran out once and used something cheaper and his sensory issues got worse. Once I put him back on the vsl, he improved noticeably.

I have had not adverse reactions using this, although all children respond diffrently.

I have tried quite a few different probiotics and this has worked the best for us.

Subject: Re: VSL#3 probioticTo: mb12 valtrex Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 3:00 PM

I don't know what VSL#3 is. We are going to start on colostrum - with the casein removed - soon. So I can't help with that yet. We may be taking folopro at one point.xo>> Is anyone using vsl#3, Folapro, phoscol, colostrum, evening primrose oil, or Bio Body Oil? Any input would be great. These are all things I have not tried yet. The Spectrum Supplements website is a great one! It has almost everything. Also, is everyone out there doing a minimum of 150 billion org./day with probioitcs? I havn't. Maybe that's one reason why we are still having gut issues. He definitely is a gut kid. We did metrodiazonole and diflucan almost 2 years ago for his

diarrhea. It helped tremendously. Stool was still not quite normal until we started SCD. I didn't start it right away because he wouldn't eat anything. So, I did gf/cf. If I could have done SCD right away, I think he would be alot better today than what he is. He is now doing oral DMSA, which I question only because I wonder if it is to much for his gi. I am thinking about trying TD DMPS. We have a DAN! Dr. and we like her alot, but I don't> think we are doing enough. > > Amy>

Hi Amy,

The most common varieties of probiotics are Acidophilus/Bifidus. This

is made with and without dairy, depending on the brand (some have

casein, some do not). As more and more strains of bacteria are added

to the mix, you will begin to see healthy (non-pathogenic) strains of

streptococcus (but not always - there are several full-bodied

probiotics that omit strep). Additionally, just like yogurt starter

cultures, probiotics are available in non-dairy (vegan).

>

> Don't most probiotics have strep and casein strains of bacteria in

them?  My son is not PANDAS.  Should I still be concerned about these

strains?

>

> Amy

>

We have seen nothing but good when using VSL#3C in San DiegoWe have been using VSL#3 for a year, my son had an immediate improvement with yeast and the behaviors associated with yeast.I ran out once and used something cheaper and his sensory issues got worse. Once I put him back on the vsl, he improved noticeably.I have had not adverse reactions using this, although all children respond diffrently.I have tried quite a few different probiotics and this has worked the best for us.Subject: Re: VSL#3 probioticTo: mb12 valtrex Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 3:00 PMI don't know what VSL#3 is. We are going to start on colostrum - with the casein removed - soon. So I can't help with that yet. We may be taking folopro at one point.xo>> Is anyone using vsl#3, Folapro, phoscol, colostrum, evening primrose oil, or Bio Body Oil? Any input would be great. These are all things I have not tried yet. The Spectrum Supplements website is a great one! It has almost everything. Also, is everyone out there doing a minimum of 150 billion org./day with probioitcs? I havn't. Maybe that's one reason why we are still having gut issues. He definitely is a gut kid. We did metrodiazonole and diflucan almost 2 years ago for his diarrhea. It helped tremendously. Stool was still not quite normal until we started SCD. I didn't start it right away because he wouldn't eat anything. So, I did gf/cf. If I could have done SCD right away, I think he would be alot better today than what he is. He is now doing oral DMSA, which I question only because I wonder if it is to much for his gi. I am thinking about trying TD DMPS. We have a DAN! Dr. and we like her alot, but I don't> think we are doing enough. > > Amy>

Does anyone know idi should still give my son his b12 nose spray and glutathione cream. He's been running a fever for a few days so I wasnt sure. Also is there a natural way to bring a fever down other than tylenol or Motrin ? Thanks Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 21:59:32 -0000To: <mb12 valtrex >Subject: Re: VSL#3 probiotic Hi Amy, The most common varieties of probiotics are Acidophilus/Bifidus. This is made with and without dairy, depending on the brand (some have casein, some do not). As more and more strains of bacteria are added to the mix, you will begin to see healthy (non-pathogenic) strains of streptococcus (but not always - there are several full-bodied probiotics that omit strep). Additionally, just like yogurt starter cultures, probiotics are available in non-dairy (vegan). > > Don't most probiotics have strep and casein strains of bacteria in them?  My son is not PANDAS.  Should I still be concerned about these strains? > > Amy >

I missed part of your question... If you are following a casein-free

diet, you may want to look for non-dairy (or vegan) sources of

probiotics, but the decision is a personal one. Some families use

probiotics derived from dairy sources without incident, others need to

completely avoid all sources of casein, including trace amounts in

probiotics. Go with your Mommy gut.

When it comes to non-pathogenic strains of streptococcus, this is used

to restore the healthy, naturally existing streptococcus flora

required for a healthy intestinal tract. It's not Group A strep that

causes infection. Many people fear the word " strep " because of it's

negative associations, others families report reactions in conjunction

with products that contain many bacterium including non-pathogenic

strep. Again, you will hear some parents say it's safe, others are

convinced it's not safe for PANDAS in particular. Go with your Mommy

gut again...

And finally, enterococcus faecalis is controversial. Some families

love it because it's a strong strain and helps crowd out bad bacteria,

others find that this bacteria can overpopulate and become problematic

on its own. Antibiotics are then used to treat the overgrowth. I

personally don't think this risk is worth it... and there are many

other choices that don't carry this associated risk.

HTH!

P.S. This article is not about probiotics specifically, but discusses

our natural healthy flora and why bacteria is important:

http://tinyurl.com/5l93ne

>

> Don't most probiotics have strep and casein strains of bacteria in

them?  My son is not PANDAS.  Should I still be concerned about these

strains?

>

> Amy

One thing I have learned over the past few months while lurking on

ulcerative colitis forums is that the level of probiotics that most

parents use are useless. Yes, useless. When somebody usually makes

such a black and white statement as I have just made, my BS meter

immediately goes off. However in this case, to say that the current

products and dosages are useless appear to be accurate with MOST (not

all) of the parents that I have consulted. In the general autism

biomed commumity products such as Super Pro Bio are thought to be

mega doses for our children. It is easy to understand why that is

when you look at the contents of many of the common products and you

see 5, 10 and 15 billion count products and then compare to Super Pro

Bio which has 75 billion. I noticed early on that the 15 billion

counts were not yielding any noticeable results so I went to products

like Super Pro thinking that this was definitely going to have an

effect. Of course, I noticed nothing. No real discernable results.

Then I remembered an old principle about learning and doing so from

the professionals. Who are the professional clients in GI Distress?

It is folks who have the really horrific conditions like ulcerative

colitis and crohns. 30 minutes on one board I realized that my 75

billion was actually a relatively small amount for those who have

MAJOR distress. What product where they talking about on these

boards...mostly VSL #3. What is the product count for one package of

VSL #3...450 billion. One serving is 450 billion which is 6 times

what I felt was a mega dose. Long story short, when I started giving

my 22 month old and 10 month old (yes, 10 month old and I am sad I

wasted 10 months of his young life) 450 billion a day and sometimes

more, things changed immediately. All the GI distress with yeast and

bacteria has significantly subsided...stimming has come way down.

During times of chelation, I raise the level and have nothing but

great things to say about the results. So, while as a parent I think

it is wise to be cautious with the " wild west " protocols of some DAN

doctors like Bradstreet and others who have a tendency fetishize all

that is MEGADOSE, there are times when more is just more. One more

thing, for those of you interested in oxalates and suspect your child

may have difficulties, VSL #3 is the only recommended probiotic

contained in the vitamin K protocol.

PS After this discovery with probiotics I sought out

the " professional clients " in the area of enzymes (see cystic

fibrosis and pancreatitis forums) and found I was making similar

mistakes. Do yourself a favor and read up on enzymes like Creon

10/20, Pancreacarb, and Sucraid. Now I know my sons are getting

their enzymes.

BTW, my sons are Gf/CF/Sf and have never had a problem with the trace

amounts of casein in VSL #3.

>

> Is anyone using vsl#3, Folapro, phoscol, colostrum, evening

primrose oil, or Bio Body Oil?  Any input would be great.  These are

all things I have not tried yet.  The Spectrum Supplements website is

a great one! It has almost everything.  Also, is everyone out there

doing a minimum of 150 billion org./day with probioitcs?  I havn't. 

Maybe that's one reason why we are still having gut issues.    He

definitely is a gut kid.  We did metrodiazonole and diflucan almost 2

years ago for his diarrhea.  It helped tremendously.  Stool was still

not quite normal until we started SCD.  I didn't start it right away

because he wouldn't eat anything.  So, I did gf/cf.  If I could have

done SCD right away, I think he would be alot better today than what

he is.  He is now doing oral DMSA, which I question only because I

wonder if it is to much for his gi.  I am thinking about trying TD

DMPS.   We have a DAN! Dr. and we like her alot, but I don't

> think we are doing enough.   

>

> Amy

>

Creon 10/20, Pancreacarb, and Sucraid....--- how do you go about obtaining those?? when I last looked into Sucraid (sounded very promising for us) it was rx only, has something changed? (we don't have anyone to prescribe)nx> >> > Is anyone using vsl#3, Folapro, phoscol, colostrum, evening > primrose oil, or Bio Body Oil?  Any input would be great.  These are > all things I have not tried yet.  The Spectrum Supplements website is > a great one! It has almost everything.  Also, is everyone out there > doing a minimum of 150 billion org./day with probioitcs?  I havn't.  > Maybe that's one reason why we are still having gut issues.    He > definitely is a gut kid.  We did metrodiazonole and diflucan almost 2 > years ago for his diarrhea.  It helped tremendously.  Stool was still > not quite normal until we started SCD.  I didn't start it right away > because he wouldn't eat anything.  So, I did gf/cf.  If I could have > done SCD right away, I think he would be alot better today than what > he is.  He is now doing oral DMSA, which I question only because I > wonder if it is to much for his gi.  I am thinking about trying TD > DMPS.   We have a DAN! Dr. and we like her alot, but I don't> > think we are doing enough.   > > > > Amy> >>

Thank you for your response. I tend to agree with about the probiotics. My son was getting around 75 billion org./day. I found out about vsl#3 from a mother whose child is recovered. I will definitely look into those d.enzymes you mentioned. With my son, I feel healing his gut is the most important thing. If I can do that, I know my son will recover too! I can't wait to get it.

Amy

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:53:33 PMSubject: Re: VSL#3 probiotic

One thing I have learned over the past few months while lurking on ulcerative colitis forums is that the level of probiotics that most parents use are useless. Yes, useless. When somebody usually makes such a black and white statement as I have just made, my BS meter immediately goes off. However in this case, to say that the current products and dosages are useless appear to be accurate with MOST (not all) of the parents that I have consulted. In the general autism biomed commumity products such as Super Pro Bio are thought to be mega doses for our children. It is easy to understand why that is when you look at the contents of many of the common products and you see 5, 10 and 15 billion count products and then compare to Super Pro Bio which has 75 billion. I noticed early on that the 15 billion counts were not yielding any noticeable results so I went to products like Super Pro thinking that this

was definitely going to have an effect. Of course, I noticed nothing. No real discernable results. Then I remembered an old principle about learning and doing so from the professionals. Who are the professional clients in GI Distress? It is folks who have the really horrific conditions like ulcerative colitis and crohns. 30 minutes on one board I realized that my 75 billion was actually a relatively small amount for those who have MAJOR distress. What product where they talking about on these boards...mostly VSL #3. What is the product count for one package of VSL #3...450 billion. One serving is 450 billion which is 6 times what I felt was a mega dose. Long story short, when I started giving my 22 month old and 10 month old (yes, 10 month old and I am sad I wasted 10 months of his young life) 450 billion a day and sometimes more, things changed immediately. All the GI distress with yeast and

bacteria has significantly subsided...stimming has come way down. During times of chelation, I raise the level and have nothing but great things to say about the results. So, while as a parent I think it is wise to be cautious with the "wild west" protocols of some DAN doctors like Bradstreet and others who have a tendency fetishize all that is MEGADOSE, there are times when more is just more. One more thing, for those of you interested in oxalates and suspect your child may have difficulties, VSL #3 is the only recommended probiotic contained in the vitamin K protocol.PS After this discovery with probiotics I sought out the "professional clients" in the area of enzymes (see cystic fibrosis and pancreatitis forums) and found I was making similar mistakes. Do yourself a favor and read up on enzymes like Creon 10/20, Pancreacarb, and Sucraid. Now I know my sons are getting their enzymes.

BTW, my sons are Gf/CF/Sf and have never had a problem with the trace amounts of casein in VSL #3. >> Is anyone using vsl#3, Folapro, phoscol, colostrum, evening primrose oil, or Bio Body Oil? Any input would be great. These are all things I have not tried yet. The Spectrum Supplements website is a great one! It has almost everything. Also, is everyone out there doing a minimum of 150 billion org./day with probioitcs? I havn't. Maybe that's one reason why we are still having gut issues. He definitely is a gut kid. We did metrodiazonole and diflucan almost 2 years ago for his diarrhea. It helped

tremendously. Stool was still not quite normal until we started SCD. I didn't start it right away because he wouldn't eat anything. So, I did gf/cf. If I could have done SCD right away, I think he would be alot better today than what he is. He is now doing oral DMSA, which I question only because I wonder if it is to much for his gi. I am thinking about trying TD DMPS. We have a DAN! Dr. and we like her alot, but I don't> think we are doing enough. > > Amy>

All are prescription and all are heavy duty. My son has

sucrase/isomaltase deficiency dx by a Buie endoscopy and while he

failed to prescribe it, I found another doctor who would. Problem is

that it costs 5k a month!!!! Can you believe that??? I all but gave

up hope but then I kept asking folks at the company, how do poor

folks get this (as many autistic parents indeed qualify

as " financially challenged " )? Where do they go??? Again, poor folks

are the " professionals " who know how to get a lot for a little. So

what the real poor folks have in many of these companies is a program

where they get to pay a copay and the company handles the rest with

their insurance, that is, if they have insurance. When it was all

said and done, we got Sucraid for 75 dollars a month. A far cry from

the 5k they straight-faced quoted us intially.

> > >

> > > Is anyone using vsl#3, Folapro, phoscol, colostrum, evening

> > primrose oil, or Bio Body Oil?  Any input would be great.  These

> are

> > all things I have not tried yet.  The Spectrum Supplements website

> is

> > a great one! It has almost everything.  Also, is everyone out

there

> > doing a minimum of 150 billion org./day with probioitcs?  I

> havn't. 

> > Maybe that's one reason why we are still having gut issues.    He

> > definitely is a gut kid.  We did metrodiazonole and diflucan

almost

> 2

> > years ago for his diarrhea.  It helped tremendously.  Stool was

> still

> > not quite normal until we started SCD.  I didn't start it right

> away

> > because he wouldn't eat anything.  So, I did gf/cf.  If I could

> have

> > done SCD right away, I think he would be alot better today than

what

> > he is.  He is now doing oral DMSA, which I question only because

> I

> > wonder if it is to much for his gi.  I am thinking about trying

> TD

> > DMPS.   We have a DAN! Dr. and we like her alot, but I don't

> > > think we are doing enough.   

> > >

> > > Amy

> > >

> >

>

as " financially challenged " )? Where do they go??? Again, poor folks

are the " professionals " who know how to get a lot for a little. So

> > >

> > > Is anyone using vsl#3, Folapro, phoscol, colostrum, evening

> > primrose oil, or Bio Body Oil?  Any input would be great.  These

> are

> > all things I have not tried yet.  The Spectrum Supplements website

> is

> > a great one! It has almost everything.  Also, is everyone out

there

> > doing a minimum of 150 billion org./day with probioitcs?  I

> havn't. 

> > Maybe that's one reason why we are still having gut issues.    He

> > definitely is a gut kid.  We did metrodiazonole and diflucan

almost

> 2

> > years ago for his diarrhea.  It helped tremendously.  Stool was

> still

> > not quite normal until we started SCD.  I didn't start it right

> away

> > because he wouldn't eat anything.  So, I did gf/cf.  If I could

> have

what

> > he is.  He is now doing oral DMSA, which I question only because

> I

> > wonder if it is to much for his gi.  I am thinking about trying

> TD

> > DMPS.   We have a DAN! Dr. and we like her alot, but I don't

> > >

> > > Amy

> > >

> >

>

If your child is off milk is the lactic acid bacteria bad?

VSL #3: Ingredients: Lactic acid bacteria, microcrystalline

cellulose, stearic acid, silicon dioxide.

> >

> > Is anyone using vsl#3, Folapro, phoscol, colostrum, evening

> primrose oil, or Bio Body Oil?  Any input would be great.  These

are

> all things I have not tried yet.  The Spectrum Supplements website

is

> a great one! It has almost everything.  Also, is everyone out there

> doing a minimum of 150 billion org./day with probioitcs?  I

havn't. 

> Maybe that's one reason why we are still having gut issues.    He

> definitely is a gut kid.  We did metrodiazonole and diflucan almost

> years ago for his diarrhea.  It helped tremendously.  Stool was

still

> not quite normal until we started SCD.  I didn't start it right

away

> because he wouldn't eat anything.  So, I did gf/cf.  If I could

have

> done SCD right away, I think he would be alot better today than

what

> he is.  He is now doing oral DMSA, which I question only because I

> wonder if it is to much for his gi.  I am thinking about trying TD

> DMPS.   We have a DAN! Dr. and we like her alot, but I don't

> > think we are doing enough.   

> >

> > Amy

> >

>

No problem Amy. One more thing you might want to keep in mind. You

mentioned folopro which is folinic acid or 5mthf. Here again, the

same principle applies as above except there are a couple

exceptions. Most 5mthf pills contain anywhere from 800mcg (Folapro)

to 1000mcg (Thorne) which are .8 mg and 1mg respectively. For a

significant number of autistic parents these levels of supplement are

not even in the ball park. Here again, the professional clients in

the folinic acid business are those folks with Cerebral Folate

Deficiency. Most of these children are being supplemented 10, 20,

and even 40 mg a day of Leucovorin. Before I knew my son's CSF

folate numbers where low normal, I was giving my son 1mg of Thorne

and thinking that was enough. Once I got the test results back and

went to the forums and pubmed studies, I quickly found that standard

treatment for raising the folate numbers was 10 to 15 times the

supplement amount that I had been giving. Literally, the second day

of supplementing my son with three 5 mg tablets of Leucovorin, we

began to see increases in speech and articulation. One huge caveat

about this though comes from the work of Amy Yasko. There are some

folks who need larger doses of 5mtfh but because of CBS upregulations

(see ammonia on yasko forums) and other methylation cycle defects,

they are unable to tolerate them without first addressing some of the

underlying genetic predispositions to elevated ammonia production.

All the best to you.

> >

> > Is anyone using vsl#3, Folapro, phoscol, colostrum, evening

> primrose oil, or Bio Body Oil?  Any input would be great.  These

are

> all things I have not tried yet.  The Spectrum Supplements website

is

> a great one! It has almost everything.  Also, is everyone out there

> doing a minimum of 150 billion org./day with probioitcs?  I

havn't. 

> Maybe that's one reason why we are still having gut issues.    He

> definitely is a gut kid.  We did metrodiazonole and diflucan almost

> years ago for his diarrhea.  It helped tremendously.  Stool was

still

> not quite normal until we started SCD.  I didn't start it right

away

> because he wouldn't eat anything.  So, I did gf/cf.  If I could

have

> done SCD right away, I think he would be alot better today than

what

> he is.  He is now doing oral DMSA, which I question only because I

> wonder if it is to much for his gi.  I am thinking about trying TD

> DMPS.   We have a DAN! Dr. and we like her alot, but I don't

> > think we are doing enough.   

> >

> > Amy

> >

>

you can try asking the folks on

autism insurance information@yahoogroups

for help/answers

vicki

Re: VSL#3 probiotic

as "financially challenged")? Where do they go??? Again, poor folks

are the "professionals" who know how to get a lot for a little. So

> > >

> > > Is anyone using vsl#3, Folapro, phoscol, colostrum, evening

> > primrose oil, or Bio Body Oil? Any input would be great. These

> are

> > all things I have not tried yet. The Spectrum Supplements website

> is

> > a great one! It has almost everything. Also, is everyone out

there

> > doing a minimum of 150 billion org./day with probioitcs? I

> havn't.

> > Maybe that's one reason why we are still having gut issues. He

> > definitely is a gut kid. We did metrodiazonole and diflucan

almost

> 2

> > years ago for his diarrhea. It helped tremendously. Stool was

> still

> > not quite normal until we started SCD. I didn't start it right

> away

> > because he wouldn't eat anything. So, I did gf/cf. If I could

> have

what

> > he is. He is now doing oral DMSA, which I question only because

> I

> > wonder if it is to much for his gi. I am thinking about trying

> TD

> > DMPS. We have a DAN! Dr. and we like her alot, but I don't

> > >

> > > Amy

> > >

> >

>

Traveling over the river or through the woods this holiday season? Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

Is a Rx required for any of these enzymes? My son has never had an endoscopy, but I have been seriously contemplating on doing one. Our DAN! never said she thought it was necessary. What is Buie endoscopy? I have wanted to aggressively attack this autism for some time now. I live in Indiana and trying to find Dr's. that are good are hard to find. I have been in this group for some time now and sometimes I just get so overwhelmed with all of the different topics people are talking about. I leave and don't come back for months. I don't go to support groups or anything like that but, when my son recovers; I will go and tell people how I did it. It is so important to know exactly

what parents of recoverd children have done. I realize that every child is different but, knowing amounts, brands, duration, what they did first, second, third, etc....I think would help more people. I have been studying and listening more to parents who have recovered their children. It sounds as tho Baxter's mother was pretty aggessive with his treatment. We have been going to our DAN! for 2 yrs. now and I have had the feeling that we just weren't doing enough. Finding the right Dr. is also key.

Amy

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 7:43:12 PMSubject: Re: VSL#3 probiotic

All are prescription and all are heavy duty. My son has sucrase/isomaltase deficiency dx by a Buie endoscopy and while he failed to prescribe it, I found another doctor who would. Problem is that it costs 5k a month!!!! Can you believe that??? I all but gave up hope but then I kept asking folks at the company, how do poor folks get this (as many autistic parents indeed qualify as "financially challenged") ? Where do they go??? Again, poor folks are the "professionals" who know how to get a lot for a little. So what the real poor folks have in many of these companies is a program where they get to pay a copay and the company handles the rest with their insurance, that is, if they have insurance. When it was all said and done, we got Sucraid for 75 dollars a month. A far cry from the 5k they straight-faced quoted us intially.> > >> > > Is anyone using vsl#3, Folapro, phoscol, colostrum, evening> > primrose oil, or Bio Body Oil? Any input would be great. These> are> > all things I have not tried yet. The Spectrum Supplements website> is> > a great one! It has almost everything. Also, is

everyone out there> > doing a minimum of 150 billion org./day with probioitcs? I> havn't. > > Maybe that's one reason why we are still having gut issues. He> > definitely is a gut kid. We did metrodiazonole and diflucan almost> 2> > years ago for his diarrhea. It helped tremendously. Stool was> still> > not quite normal until we started SCD. I didn't start it right> away> > because he wouldn't eat anything. So, I did gf/cf. If I could> have> > done SCD right away, I think he would be alot better today than what> > he is. He is now doing oral DMSA, which I question only because> I> > wonder if it is to much for his gi. I am thinking about trying> TD> > DMPS. We have a DAN! Dr. and we like her

alot, but I don't> > > think we are doing enough. > > >> > > Amy> > >> >>

no there are MANY protbotics with OUT casein in them and would be advised to do with out

Recovering from Autism is a marathonNOT a sprint, but FULLY possible!Read more about it on my BLOGs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelkinghttp://foggyrock.com/MyPage/recoveringwisheshttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=677063169

VSL#3 probiotic

Is anyone using vsl#3, Folapro, phoscol, colostrum, evening primrose oil, or Bio Body Oil? Any input would be great. These are all things I have not tried yet. The Spectrum Supplements website is a great one! It has almost everything. Also, is everyone out there doing a minimum of 150 billion org./day with probioitcs? I havn't. Maybe that's one reason why we are still having gut issues. He definitely is a gut kid. We did metrodiazonole and diflucan almost 2 years ago for his diarrhea. It helped tremendously. Stool was still not quite normal until we started SCD. I didn't start it right away because he wouldn't eat anything. So, I did gf/cf. If I could have done SCD right away, I think he would be alot better today than what he is. He is now doing oral DMSA, which I question only because I wonder if it is to much for his gi. I am thinking about trying TD DMPS. We have a DAN! Dr. and we like her alot, but I don't think we are doing enough.

Amy

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.7/1798 - Release Date: 11/18/2008 8:59 PM

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.7/1798 - Release Date: 11/18/2008 8:59 PM