RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: ALA - Alpha Lipoic Acid

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I read somewhere that ALA should be use after DMSA. ALA is supposed to help with getting rid of metals. Something about the redistribution of metals in the body.Could you please let us know how your DAN did chelation or how did you do it.

>>>Some people just use ALA without using DMSA or DMPS first. They are using the Cutler protocol which was actually the first DAN protocol but it has since been changed.

Lots of information here http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/

HTH

Mandi in UK

How is the ALPHA Lipoic Acid different from Lipoic Acid? My brother works for a nutricutical companies that offers Lipoic Acid as a supplement. I don't understand the difference!

>>There isn't one, Kirkman call it Lipoic Acid. Yes its offered in many supps, lots of them targeted at Diabetics.

Mandi in UK

Does anyone know a good DAN doctor in NYC?

Subject: Re: ALA - Alpha Lipoic AcidTo: mb12 valtrex Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 11:50 PM

Are you sure you're not using ALA - alpha-linolenic acid? That'scompletely safe when taken daily.However, alpha-lipoic acid is not safe as an everyday supplement forthe general populace, because it is a chelator. It reduces criticalminerals in your body, including iron, through chelation.Nutritionists recommend that alpha-lipoic acid only be taken with amulti-mineral to replace what is lost. But there are safer nutritionalsupplements that do not chelate.>> I use it for myself. I am not trying to chelate myself. I certainly > would follow Andy's protocol if using as a chelator for my ASD child.> > Here is what I found online that seemed to indicate a good supplement > for the 'average joe'. Am I still missing

something??