RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:Becky-- confused by Peng's instructions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Becky, this is Rei.

We brewed our first herb last night. What I can help you is

1) After you brew the herb in the soup bag for an hour with very low heat and covered,

2) And then, you take the herb bag out of pot, keep the same heat, but leave the pot uncovered, continue brewing for another 40 minutes.

3) And stop the heat, cool off the herb at least for 20 minutes. After the herb is totally cool off, keep it in the refrigerator, until you are ready to serve. When we serve, we warm it up a little bit and add 2 bags of stevia to sweetness, if your child has yeast overgrowth problem, I will not use honey as the sweeteness.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely, Rei

From: mikew9333 <mikew9333yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: got my herbs but am confused by Peng's instructions - Can anyone help???To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 9:56 PM

My name is Mike Wall and I am the father of a 5 year old autistic boy. We've been a member of this Yahoo group for about a month and I keep seeing post for Dr Pengs herbs. Could you tell me more about these herbs and how I might go about getting more information. > > From: becky rogalski <laytonandgavin@ ...>> Subject: got my herbs but am confused by Peng's instructions - Can anyone help???> To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 3:12 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > Hey all> > I got my herbs today and was reading the instructions and I got confused on step 7 and 8.> > My instructions say > 7. "take medicine bag out of pot after 1 hour"> 8. "Continue cooking for another 30-40 minutes without covering pot"> > I am trying to figure out how to keep cooking for 30 -40 minutes(like it says in step

8) if I take the medicine bag out of the pot like it says to do in step 7.> > Anyone have the same instructions and know what to do?> > Thanks> Becky>

Thanks Rei

He totally refused it as just tea. I put some in his juice (like 1/8 cup) and he drank some of it and now keeps telling me his juice tastes yucky and is refusing to drink. I am not sure what I am going to do. I hope the tea lasts a long time because it may be slow going for us maybe 1/16 in a cup 4 times a day instead of the recommended 1/2 cup a day......

From: mikew9333 <mikew9333yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: got my herbs but am confused by Peng's instructions - Can anyone help???To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 9:56 PM

My name is Mike Wall and I am the father of a 5 year old autistic boy. We've been a member of this Yahoo group for about a month and I keep seeing post for Dr Pengs herbs. Could you tell me more about these herbs and how I might go about getting more information. > > From: becky rogalski <laytonandgavin@ ...>> Subject: got my herbs but am confused by Peng's instructions - Can anyone help???> To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 3:12 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > Hey all> > I got my herbs today and was reading the instructions and I got confused on step 7 and 8.> > My instructions say > 7. "take medicine bag out of pot after 1 hour"> 8. "Continue cooking for another 30-40 minutes without covering pot"> > I am trying to figure out how to keep cooking for 30 -40 minutes(like it says in step

8) if I take the medicine bag out of the pot like it says to do in step 7.> > Anyone have the same instructions and know what to do?> > Thanks> Becky>

Do you want to try stevia? Stevia is herb based, blended with the herb tea well. Or you may serve it cold... You may call Dr. Peng and let him know your son does not like the taste and see if he can add something to flavor the tea. Dr. Peng added date and plum in the herb combination in the beginning to make it more fruity flavor.

Sincerely, Rei

Branch President

Network Funding, LP

9700 Richmond Ave, #320Houston, TX 77042 Cell:

Santa may not have it. But we do.

Ask Me How to get a ZERO Down Home Loan.

, how is your son doning on day 7 ?

Sincerely, Rei

Subject: Re:Becky-- confused by Peng's instructionsTo: mb12 valtrex Date: Friday, November 28, 2008, 11:23 AM

keep trying.. we are on day 7 and the first few attemptswere tricky, but now he takes it no problem. We add thehoney to it! And allowing a "chaser" of his favorite drinkbtwn sips worked well too - maybe a lollipop in btwn sips???Good luck!> > > > From: becky rogalski <laytonandgavin@ ...>> > Subject: got my herbs but am confused by Peng's > instructions - Can anyone help???> > To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com> >

Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 3:12 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hey all> > > > I got my herbs today and was reading the instructions and I got > confused on step 7 and 8.> > > > My instructions say > > 7. "take medicine bag out of pot after 1 hour"> > 8. "Continue cooking for another 30-40 minutes without covering > pot"> > > > I am trying to figure out how to keep cooking for 30 -40 minutes> (like it says in step 8) if I take the medicine bag out of the pot > like it says to do in step 7.> > > > Anyone have the same instructions and know what to do?> > > > Thanks> > Becky>

>>

I know that walmart sells some kind of flavoring for medicine that I think is Stevia based.

I saw it near the pharmacy dept. one day, it was a container of 4 bottles of flavoring.

Maybe those can be added if the child really will not drink it as long as it doesn't contain sucrose or things like that.

Kirkman'a lab makes flavoring syrup as well but when I tried it my kids still wouldn't drink the nystatin they were on without a huge deal, they said the syrup tasted gross too.

I am to Walmart later on and will check it out and get back to you.

In the meantime what we do is the same as you said, allow sips of juice in between.

I have one son that prefers to down the whole glass and get it over with.He drinks it cold.

I don't know how he does it because that stuff makes me gag, it is pretty nasty tasting stuff.

Because of his size he has to drink a whole 8 oz cup at a time.

The other kids hold there noses and drink what they can get down and then take sips of juice and keep going.

Maybe if you haven't tried getting it nice and cold then you could do that, I think stuff doesn't taste as strong when its cold.

I'll let you guys know what I find out, hope it goes better for you.

I'll try contacting him, maybe that will work. I put it in my son's grape juice and he still refused it (in small amounts). So I am not sure that adding plum to it will help , but I am willing to try. Afterall I did just spend 80 bucks on this stuff.... :>)

Okay, I went to Walmart tonight and checked out the flavoring kit.

It comes with 4 flavors, grape, cherry, orange and bubblegum and a bottle of flavor enhancer.

It costs a little less that ten dollars.

As far as the ingredients all I could see was propylene glycol,ethyl alcohol in the flavorings. and in the flavor enhancer is citric acid and sodium benzoateacesulfame-k.

I have not looked any of this stuff up online yet so I can give a recommendation or not.

The people at the store said that it does work well to give things a better flavor and you don't need to use much of it.

Its just something that you can look further into if you are so inclined.