RemedySpot.com

Re: considering using valtrex-

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Amy, just curious, did anyone at your son's school question you about the rashes and pox type symptoms. I am considering valtrex and wondering how I would explain "contagious" looking syptoms to school personell.

From: mommycapone <mommycapone@ yahoo.com>Subject: considering using valtrexTo: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, December 12, 2008, 4:55 AM

my son damian is a beautiful 5 year old boy who has mad so many gains over the past 2 1/2 years. i am considering using valtrex to help him futher but i am very nervous. can anyone help me make my decision easier with positive or negative stories. thanks.

Pox?!?! We are on day 11 and have seen behavior changes such as potty issues and a major increasevin his OCD.When will the pox start to show up? My husband and I are extremely nervous we don't want to cause our son more issues. Will the recent changes be permanent? Help anyone!!!Sent from my iPhone

Most of the pox were covered up by clothing and the only thing visible to teachers/therapists were the sores on his mouth.  I didn't tell them specifically what we were doing but I did warn them that he was getting some medicine that may or may not change his behavior.

I'm probably not a good one to ask that question to since his rashes/pox were pretty minimal and never looked like a full-on breakout.  Listmates - anyone else have some experience with this?

From: mommycapone <mommycapone@ yahoo.com>Subject: considering using valtrexTo: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, December 12, 2008, 4:55 AM

my son damian is a beautiful 5 year old boy who has mad so many gains over the past 2 1/2 years. i am considering using valtrex to help him futher but i am very nervous. can anyone help me make my decision easier with positive or negative stories. thanks.

From what I've read from others, every child's reaction is going to be different. Mine happened to get pox rather than rash and he got it within the first week or so of starting Valtrex. It's hard not to compare to others but it's important to realize that every kid has different issues and will react differently to the same approaches. For some reason, the pox on my son wasn't too distracting to him and he wasn't really itchy with them.

It helped me a lot to read (and re-read) what Stan Kurtz wrote about his journey. Do you have a DAN? Talking with my DAN helped calm my nerves a bit when my son's skin was changing and morphing every couple of days.

Thanks for the post. Yes we have a DAN! Doctor and have been under their care for 3 years. I read Stan's story in McCarthy's new book as well as what I found on the Internet.  Still we are so scared of the "what ifs." did you use activated charcoal when the behaviors got out of hand? We find our son is super hyper.  He is on SCD and that was a wonderful change but we feel like we are back peddling now with the valtrex meds.Sent from my iPhone

From what I've read from others, every child's reaction is going to be different.  Mine happened to get pox rather than rash and he got it within the first week or so of starting Valtrex.  It's hard not to compare to others but it's important to realize that every kid has different issues and will react differently to the same approaches.  For some reason, the pox on my son wasn't too distracting to him and he wasn't really itchy with them. 

It helped me a lot to read (and re-read) what Stan Kurtz wrote about his journey.  Do you have a DAN?  Talking with my DAN helped calm my nerves a bit when my son's skin was changing and morphing every couple of days. 

ygrp-sponsor .ad a{

text-decoration: none;

}

#ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{

text-decoration: underline;

}

#ygrp-sponsor .ad p{

margin: 0;

}

o{font-size: 0; }

..MsoNormal{

margin: 0 0 0 0;

}

#ygrp-text tt{

font-size: 120%;

}

blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}

..replbq{margin:4}

-->

-End group email -->

My son is also hyper and I really can't say if it's due to die-off issues or not. We've used activated charcoal a little bit but really haven't implemented it as part of the overall plan. I haven't used it enough to say whether it helps with hyperactivity or not. My son's hyperactivity seems to be tied to location/situation (ie - in stores, at the doctor's office etc.) rather than food or other treatments. It also seems to be one of those things that you get rather used to and don't really notice the level until someone says "is he always like that?"

Lots of folks talk about experiencing a regression before progression. We've experienced some of that and it's scary so I know how you're feeling.

ygrp-sponsor .ad a{ text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{ text-decoration: underline; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{ margin: 0; } o{font-size: 0; } .MsoNormal{ margin: 0 0 0 0; } #ygrp-text tt{ font-size: 120%; } blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;} .replbq{margin: 4} --> -End group email -->

I agree with you about the changing in location and schedule. Did your son's complexion change any? is rather pale. I guess I could pick apart every little thing because I'M so crazy nervous. has just finished his 17th IVIG treatment and I still get crazy before/after. Thanks for your advice Sent from my iPhone

My son is also hyper and I really can't say if it's due to die-off issues or not.  We've used activated charcoal a little bit but really haven't implemented it as part of the overall plan.  I haven't used it enough to say whether it helps with hyperactivity or not.  My son's hyperactivity seems to be tied to location/situation (ie - in stores, at the doctor's office etc.) rather than food or other treatments.  It also seems to be one of those things that you get rather used to and don't really notice the level until someone says "is he always like that?"

Lots of folks talk about experiencing a regression before progression.  We've experienced some of that and it's scary so I know how you're feeling. 

ygrp-sponsor .ad a{ text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{ text-decoration: underline; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{ margin: 0; } o{font-size: 0; } .MsoNormal{ margin: 0 0 0 0; } #ygrp-text tt{ font-size: 120%; } blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;} .replbq{margin: 4} --> -End group email -->

height: 122%;

}

#ygrp-sponsor .ad a{

text-decoration: none;

}

#ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{

text-decoration: underline;

}

#ygrp-sponsor .ad p{

margin: 0;

}

o{font-size: 0; }

..MsoNormal{

margin: 0 0 0 0;

}

#ygrp-text tt{

font-size: 120%;

}

blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}

..replbq{margin:4}

-->

!--End group email -->

This thread is interesting. My 3 year old daughter has been on 1000 mgs of Valtrex for about 2 weeks now and we've seen no major changes at all. I don't know whether to be happy or concerned.

Such is the journey I guess.

Hi Kimberley,

Don't despiar becuase we are in the same boat. We are on day 20 today

and no signs yet. I am positive howver becuse there are mnay people

that have reported not seen any major signs, but haev had great

progess later on.

Regards

Joanna

>

> This thread is interesting.  My 3 year old daughter has been on 1000

mgs of Valtrex for about 2 weeks now and we've seen no major changes

at all.  I don't know whether to be happy or concerned. 

>  

> Such is the journey I guess.

>