> water but as soon as her hair dries the static is back. I've tried

> pulling her hair back away from her face but then she freaks because

> her cap doesn't fit right. We do have a humidifier running but it

> doesn't seem to help. I don't seem to have the same problem with my

> hair. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

>

>

>

I know you tried the leave in conditioner. My daughter and I have the same problem with static especailly once we start using the heat at home or at the shopping mall, trying on clothes does it to her and even me sometimes.Carpeting does it to you as well.

I find that when her has has been staticy all I ever really have to do is let the conditioner set on her hair for a while and then wash it out, along with using fabric softener on her clothes, bedding, jackets and all that.

I don't really know for sure why, but the fabric softener helps.

I have even heard of people rubbing dryer sheets directly on their hair when they are going out the door.

The dryer sheets in the dryer do help to control static on the clothes so I think it helps to use them because the hair doesn't pick up static from the clothes and the bedding.

For leave in products I am wondering if that shine enhancer product would help, it might help to weigh the hair down, kind of like what conditioner does.

I can't vouch for that product but I can tell you what I use since I have had problems with static for years.

Hairspray doesn't really work as well as mousse if you are only going to pick one or the other.

I have had static problems with my hair and I put mousse in while its wet and then blow dry it out or let it air dry and I do not get static anymore, unless I forget the mousse.

If you are going to let it air dry make sure its brushed out in the style in which you want your hair to dry and then leave it.

If you try to brush it out after it dries, even with the mousse it will cause static so just leave it.

After I use the mousse and blow dry I lightly spray some hairspray as well.

The mousse and hairspray have worked well for me.I only really use hairspray with the mousse if I have blow dried it, I don't seem to need it if I let it air dry.

I wish you luck because I know how annoying it is and it will drive you crazy.

Subject: Static-y hairTo: mb12 valtrex Date: Friday, December 12, 2008, 9:17 AM

I'm sorry if this seems off topic. My dd, 10, with an anxiety disorder is having a big problem with her hair. It gets very static-y and then she freaks out. Its causing us a heck of a time getting her out the door in the morning. We've tried leave in conditioner spray and just water but as soon as her hair dries the static is back. I've tried pulling her hair back away from her face but then she freaks because her cap doesn't fit right. We do have a humidifier running but it doesn't seem to help. I don't seem to have the same problem with my hair. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

I have a great natural leave in called 'moroccan oil' that has no

alcohol etc. I also up the fish oil if my kids hair starts to stand

up or get dry, that is my unaffected son, the fish oil works great on

his hair.

>

> Thanks, & , for the ideas. We'll give them a try.

>

>

>

I haven't read through the responses for this post.....so if I'm repeating someone else.....I'm sorry.

I spray Static Guard directly on my brush or comb, and it takes care of all static-y hair problems for us.

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 9:05:23 AMSubject: Re: Static-y hair

I know you tried the leave in conditioner. My daughter and I have the same problem with static especailly once we start using the heat at home or at the shopping mall, trying on clothes does it to her and even me sometimes.Carpeting does it to you as well.

I find that when her has has been staticy all I ever really have to do is let the conditioner set on her hair for a while and then wash it out, along with using fabric softener on her clothes, bedding, jackets and all that.

I don't really know for sure why, but the fabric softener helps.

I have even heard of people rubbing dryer sheets directly on their hair when they are going out the door.

The dryer sheets in the dryer do help to control static on the clothes so I think it helps to use them because the hair doesn't pick up static from the clothes and the bedding.

For leave in products I am wondering if that shine enhancer product would help, it might help to weigh the hair down, kind of like what conditioner does.

I can't vouch for that product but I can tell you what I use since I have had problems with static for years.

Hairspray doesn't really work as well as mousse if you are only going to pick one or the other.

I have had static problems with my hair and I put mousse in while its wet and then blow dry it out or let it air dry and I do not get static anymore, unless I forget the mousse.

If you are going to let it air dry make sure its brushed out in the style in which you want your hair to dry and then leave it.

If you try to brush it out after it dries, even with the mousse it will cause static so just leave it.

After I use the mousse and blow dry I lightly spray some hairspray as well.

The mousse and hairspray have worked well for me.I only really use hairspray with the mousse if I have blow dried it, I don't seem to need it if I let it air dry.

I wish you luck because I know how annoying it is and it will drive you crazy.

From: hanjkyla <kyleacindytel (DOT) com>Subject: Static-y hairTo: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, December 12, 2008, 9:17 AM

I'm sorry if this seems off topic. My dd, 10, with an anxiety disorder is having a big problem with her hair. It gets very static-y and then she freaks out. Its causing us a heck of a time getting her out the door in the morning. We've tried leave in conditioner spray and just water but as soon as her hair dries the static is back. I've tried pulling her hair back away from her face but then she freaks because her cap doesn't fit right. We do have a humidifier running but it doesn't seem to help. I don't seem to have the same problem with my hair. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks