RemedySpot.com

Re: Diet Frustration - THANK YOU DANA!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sounds familiar.  I've sworn-off restrictive diets more than once during this experience, but then I find something new & try again. I guess never say never, although I'd like to.  My son has yet to respond favorably to any restrictive diet we've implemented as well.  Like you, the foods he does get (on or off any diet) are always organic, dye free, preservative free, chemical free, etc.  As pure as I can find.  We are fanatical also about anything that comes in contact with his skin (soap, hand sanitizers, water he drinks, flouride-free toothpaste).  While I'm sure it helps to avoid more toxins, we haven't seen any huge improvements due to all the extra efforts in the name of health.  I'm talking with a DAN nutionist on Thursday; hopfully she can direct me on how

to feed my child properly after 5 1/2 years of trying.  He's 7 now, but have been intervening since he was 18 months old.  Thanks for telling me how you feel about these diets.  Most parents are trying to talk other parents into sticking with them.  To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 4:45:50 PMSubject: Re: Diet Frustration - THANK YOU DANA!!!

Not all children respond to diet.  My son has never responded to diet in any shape or form.  So after 2 years of dealing with diet, we've simply stopped.  Now we just give him healthy options, organic, dye free, etc.  But he is not gfcf, scd or any other diet.  His diet is still very limited but it was limited before diet interventions, during diet interventions and now after diet interventions.Don't beat yourself up if you go off the diet.  I chose to stop wasting my money on something that wasn't producing results and put it where it will. Cheryl~Check out my blog:  http://www.gryffins -tail.blogspot. com/ Oh my gosh Dana - thank you!  I just called & talked to Judy Converse & she's going to help me with this!  She is excellent - you are so right.  My poor little guy is at school right now feeling like crap - I can't wait til he gets home so I can give him a big hug & get him off that damn diet.  Oh - to answer your question - yes - we did IgG test - I"m looking at it right now & he is eating multiple things he shouldn't on SCD.  These diets can be so dangerous; I can't thank you enough for the info on Judy!  THank you!MarisaFrom: Dana Read <gdreadcomcast (DOT) net>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 12:25:24 PMSubject: RE: Diet FrustrationI understand how frustrating

dietary interventions can be.  Have you had his IGGs tested?  He could be intolerant to something he is eating.  Also, does he get plenty of healthy fat - i.e., avacado, coconut oil, olive oil, nut butters, omega 3s, etc...?  Fats are necessary for growth and development, the brain, good skin, etc.  What do you do, if anything, for constipation?   Extra vitamin C and magnesium work well for us.  Others have had luck with pure aloe juice and oxypowder or oxy-C.  In my house, too many bananas or too high a dose of probiotics can cause constipation w/my boys.  There are other natural  rememdies for constipation also.  Just some things to think about.  Judy Converse is an excellent DAN nutritionist:http://www.nutritio ncare.net/ pages.php? id=25  Diet FrustrationHi All -Just curious on what to do about my son's diet. He is on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (for about 3 months now) and it doesn't seem to be helping him. In fact, he looks very pale & thin - he looks sick to me. Maybe he looks sick because of the anti-viral/anti- fungals? He's not in ketosis, buy the way - we make sure he gets plenty of carbs. I'm so tired of guessing. I'd like to take him off this crazy diet, since me & my husband don't think it's helped him one bit (not even with his constipation) , but don't know where to go from here, as far as what foods can I add back in.We did GFCF for years too without any real gains - so we're not dying to put him back on that either. Our child (who is now 7) doesn't seem to respond to dietary intervention. I

just want to do the right thing for him.Does anyone know a great dietician that is well-versed in this autism-dietary maze?

You may find body ecology to show improvements.

>

> Oh my gosh Dana - thank you! I just called & talked to Judy

Converse & she's going to help me with this! She is excellent - you

are so right. My poor little guy is at school right now feeling like

crap - I can't wait til he gets home so I can give him a big hug &

get him off that damn diet.

>

> Oh - to answer your question - yes - we did IgG test - I " m looking

at it right now & he is eating multiple things he shouldn't on SCD.

These diets can be so dangerous; I can't thank you enough for the

info on Judy! THank you!

>

> Marisa

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Dana Read <gdreadcomcast (DOT) net>

> To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com

> Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 12:25:24 PM

> Subject: RE: Diet Frustration

>

>

>

>

> I understand how frustrating dietary interventions can be. Have

you had his IGGs tested? He could be intolerant to something he is

eating. Also, does he get plenty of healthy fat - i.e., avacado,

coconut oil, olive oil, nut butters, omega 3s, etc...? Fats are

necessary for growth and development, the brain, good skin, etc.

What do you do, if anything, for constipation? Extra vitamin C and

magnesium work well for us. Others have had luck with pure aloe

juice and oxypowder or oxy-C. In my house, too many bananas or too

high a dose of probiotics can cause constipation w/my boys. There

are other natural rememdies for constipation also. Just some things

to think about.

>

> Judy Converse is an excellent DAN nutritionist:

> http://www.nutritio ncare.net/ pages.php? id=25

> Diet Frustration

>

>

>

>

> Hi All -

>

> Just curious on what to do about my son's diet. He is on the

Specific Carbohydrate Diet (for about 3 months now) and it doesn't

seem to be helping him. In fact, he looks very pale & thin - he looks

sick to me. Maybe he looks sick because of the anti-viral/anti-

fungals? He's not in ketosis, buy the way - we make sure he gets

plenty of carbs. I'm so tired of guessing. I'd like to take him off

this crazy diet, since me & my husband don't think it's helped him

one bit (not even with his constipation) , but don't know where to go

from here, as far as what foods can I add back in.

>

> We did GFCF for years too without any real gains - so we're not

dying to put him back on that either. Our child (who is now 7)

doesn't seem to respond to dietary intervention. I just want to do

the right thing for him.

>

> Does anyone know a great dietician that is well-versed in this

autism-dietary maze?

>