My son is 4yrs old (ASD) and were on our 3rd cycle of Diflucan. The

doctor wanted him to go on Valtrex next with the last cycle of

Diflucan. I know it's an Anti-Viral - but does he need it? He wasn't

tested for this? Is it something you take while ridding the body of

yeast?? What I'm asking is what exactly is Valtrex? I can't find a

good enough website that fully explains to me why our children needs

this. And what are the side effects? He's on it 3 times a day

1000mg's. Is this good for him?

Valtrex is an anti viral. Viruses and bacteria can hold onto heavy metals. Valtrex has helped a lot of ASD kids. THe one major side effect from valtrex is yeast so he should stay on diflucan while using valtrex. You may also see some viral signs like rashes. Most give valtrex a 45 day trial....if you do not see any gains in 45 days then discontinue.

Subject: Info on Valtrex....To: mb12 valtrex Date: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 6:53 AM

My son is 4yrs old (ASD) and were on our 3rd cycle of Diflucan. The doctor wanted him to go on Valtrex next with the last cycle of Diflucan. I know it's an Anti-Viral - but does he need it? He wasn't tested for this? Is it something you take while ridding the body of yeast?? What I'm asking is what exactly is Valtrex? I can't find a good enough website that fully explains to me why our children needs this. And what are the side effects? He's on it 3 times a day 1000mg's. Is this good for him?

What type of gains am I looking for?

The Valtrex we have is for 30 days.

To: mb12 valtrex From: susan_fund@...Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 03:59:50 -0800Subject: Re: Info on Valtrex....

Valtrex is an anti viral. Viruses and bacteria can hold onto heavy metals. Valtrex has helped a lot of ASD kids. THe one major side effect from valtrex is yeast so he should stay on diflucan while using valtrex. You may also see some viral signs like rashes. Most give valtrex a 45 day trial....if you do not see any gains in 45 days then discontinue.

From: jenrichmond <fledge01hotmail>Subject: Info on Valtrex....To: mb12 valtrex Date: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 6:53 AM

My son is 4yrs old (ASD) and were on our 3rd cycle of Diflucan. The doctor wanted him to go on Valtrex next with the last cycle of Diflucan. I know it's an Anti-Viral - but does he need it? He wasn't tested for this? Is it something you take while ridding the body of yeast?? What I'm asking is what exactly is Valtrex? I can't find a good enough website that fully explains to me why our children needs this. And what are the side effects? He's on it 3 times a day 1000mg's. Is this good for him?

And why do they break out in rashes?? And is that a good sign??

To: mb12 valtrex From: susan_fund@...Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 03:59:50 -0800Subject: Re: Info on Valtrex....

From: jenrichmond <fledge01hotmail>Subject: Info on Valtrex....To: mb12 valtrex Date: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 6:53 AM

My son is 4yrs old (ASD) and were on our 3rd cycle of Diflucan. The doctor wanted him to go on Valtrex next with the last cycle of Diflucan. I know it's an Anti-Viral - but does he need it? He wasn't tested for this? Is it something you take while ridding the body of yeast?? What I'm asking is what exactly is Valtrex? I can't find a good enough website that fully explains to me why our children needs this. And what are the side effects? He's on it 3 times a day 1000mg's. Is this good for him? Visit messengerbuddies.ca to find out how you could win. Enter today.

If a rash appears while on valtrex or another anti viral it is a good sign. It means the anti virals are working and the body is releasing the viruses thru the skin.

From: jenrichmond <fledge01hotmail (DOT) com>Subject: Info on Valtrex....To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 6:53 AM

Visit messengerbuddies. ca to find out how you could win. Enter today.

Thanks so much for the info - is there a good website you can recommend?

To: mb12 valtrex From: susan_fund@...Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 07:50:32 -0800Subject: RE: Info on Valtrex....

If a rash appears while on valtrex or another anti viral it is a good sign. It means the anti virals are working and the body is releasing the viruses thru the skin.

From: jenrichmond <fledge01hotmail (DOT) com>Subject: Info on Valtrex....To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 6:53 AM

Visit messengerbuddies. ca to find out how you could win. Enter today.

Hi,

Our DAN! Doc also prescribed Valtrex for my son,I can't find it in our Moroccan pharmacies but a friend told me it's very expensive ,can anyone tell me how much it costs in USA or Europe please? Can it be replaced by any other tablets? Our DAN! Doc prescribed it with Methyl Mate .

Your answe will be much appreciated,

Nafissa

Hi Nafissa,

I think it costs $300 for 30 tablets of 1000mg. I'm not positive, though.

My DAN! doctor said that Larrea is a good substitute for Valtrex. I

think that Larrea is know to eliminate more viruses than Valtrex.

Monolauren might be based on Larrea Tridentata.

http://www.larrea-information.com/

We have tried Larrea, before. It tastes terrible.

--penumbra

>

> Hi,

> Our DAN! Doc also prescribed Valtrex for my son,I can't find it in

our Moroccan pharmacies but a friend told me it's very expensive ,can

anyone tell me how much it costs in USA or Europe please? Can it be

replaced by any other tablets? Our DAN! Doc prescribed it with Methyl

Mate .

> Your answe will be much appreciated,

> Nafissa

>

The US does not have a generic but I believe you can get it in Canada and some European countries.  Otherwise, it's very expensive.  Alternatives are Zovirax (acyclovir is the generic) and Famvir (famcyclovir is the generic - also not available in the US to my knowledge). Cheryl~Check out my blog:  http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com/ Hi,Our DAN! Doc also prescribed Valtrex for my son,I can't find it in our Moroccan pharmacies but a friend told me it's very expensive ,can anyone tell me how much it costs in USA or Europe please? Can it be replaced by any other tablets? Our DAN! Doc prescribed it with Methyl Mate .Your answe will be much appreciated,Nafissa

Here is a good explanation of how viruses mutate:Snipped from: http://www.annals.org/cgi/content/full/128/11/951 "For anti-HIV drugs to have long-term benefits, however, they must be used in a way that will completely suppress viral replication. This is because HIV, like any other microorganism, develops resistance to even the most potent suppressive agents if it is allowed to replicate, even slowly, in the presence of those agents. Drug resistance evolves through the accumulation of replication errors (mutations) in the viral population and the preferential survival of the mutants best able to replicate in the presence of the drug. This replication sets the stage for new rounds of mutation and selection, increasing the level of drug resistance over time. Thus, the evolution of drug resistance is a strict Darwinian process, driven by viral replication, mutation, and selection [7, 8].Because mutations arise as replication errors, they are a direct result of the viral replication process itself. The probability that any new mutation will occur is thus a direct function of the extent of ongoing viral replication. Potent inhibition of viral replication with therapy can greatly suppress the emergence of resistance in a nonspecific manner [9]. Indeed, if a regimen is potent enough to block all viral replication, it should be possible, in theory, to prevent the emergence of resistance altogether."Simply put, antivirals inhibit the replication of viruses.  If given the opportunity to replicate while on an antiviral due to inconsistent use, they replicate with DNA coding that allows them to become resistant to the drug that is being used.  Pulsing or using alternate months or basically anything that is using an antiviral in an inconsistent manner allows the virus to replicate which in turn, allows for viral mutation. Cheryl~Check out my blog:  http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com/ Hi Nafissa,I think it costs $300 for 30 tablets of 1000mg.  I'm not positive, though.My DAN! doctor said that Larrea is a good substitute for Valtrex. Ithink that Larrea is know to eliminate more viruses than Valtrex.Monolauren might be based on Larrea Tridentata.http://www.larrea-information.com/We have tried Larrea, before.  It tastes terrible.--penumbra Hi,Our DAN! Doc also prescribed Valtrex for my son,I can't find it in our Moroccan pharmacies but a friend told me it's very expensive ,cananyone tell me how much it costs in USA or Europe please? Can it bereplaced by any other tablets? Our DAN! Doc prescribed it with MethylMate . Your answe will be much appreciated,Nafissa ------------------------------------

Hi there, It's $360 a month in USA

Re: Re: Info on Valtrex....

The US does not have a generic but I believe you can get it in Canada and some European countries. Otherwise, it's very expensive. Alternatives are Zovirax (acyclovir is the generic) and Famvir (famcyclovir is the generic - also not available in the US to my knowledge).

Cheryl

~Check out my blog: http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com/

Hi,

Our DAN! Doc also prescribed Valtrex for my son,I can't find it in our Moroccan pharmacies but a friend told me it's very expensive ,can anyone tell me how much it costs in USA or Europe please? Can it be replaced by any other tablets? Our DAN! Doc prescribed it with Methyl Mate .

Your answe will be much appreciated,

Nafissa

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.18/1849 - Release Date: 12/15/2008 9:01 AM

All,

is it " mandatory " to have a rash ? My son is on day 20 with no rash but

he is starting to scratch his leg a little 9 something he has not done

for the last 5 months).

Furthermore, he has an occassional red cheek but I do not know if it

from the valtrex. I guess time will tell.

thanks

Joanna

>

> Thanks Penumbra,

> Nafissa

>

No,  my son never got the rash. Cheryl~Check out my blog:  http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com/ All,is it "mandatory"to have a rash ? My son is on day 20 with no rash but he is starting to scratch his leg a little 9 something he has not done for the last 5 months).Furthermore, he has an occassional red cheek but I do not know if it from the valtrex. I guess time will tell. thanksJoanna Thanks Penumbra,Nafissa ------------------------------------