RemedySpot.com

Re: Monolauren and Valtrex at the same time?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

you can do both

Subject: Monolauren and Valtrex at the same time?To: mb12 valtrex Date: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 10:12 AM

Any reason NOT to do this? I've heard of pulsing where one does 5 days of Valtrex then 2 of Monolauren but what would be a reason not to do them at the same time?

I hate to do this to you right now but I can't pull up stuff for you at the moment - gotta get the kids to bed.  If you google "antiviral therapy mutation risks", you'll find a lot of info.  Also look at the work of Dr. Klimas.  Look at CFS info, too.  Try HHV-6foundation.org and you might find some stuff there.I initially learned this from Dr. Goldberg (who also works with Dr. Klimas).  If you research viruses in general, you'll learn that they mutate incredibly easily, especially when drugs are not taken properly.  I'll try to pull up stuff for you tomorrow if I have some time.  But if you google around, you'll find quite a bit of studies and such talking about viral mutation.   Maybe even check out PubMed.  I know there are a lot of studies in HIV and Hep.  I haven't bought it yet so I don't know if it has info on it re: viral mutation but also look at the book "The Virus Within" and at the least, you'll get some really good info on HHV6.  Heard it's great. Cheryl~Check out my blog:  http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com/ I don't disagree, but I would like to know what you based this on. It can cause  virus mutation. ------------------------------------

What I ment was you can use both at the same time...I wouldn't recommend pulsing/ starting and stopping. Cheryl is right...not a good idea.

From: <jazzyk298yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Monolauren and Valtrex at the same time?To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 10:12 AM

Any reason NOT to do this? I've heard of pulsing where one does 5 days of Valtrex then 2 of Monolauren but what would be a reason not to do them at the same time?

I'm the original poster...sorry, I just posted a thank you then read these that confuse me (this digest was in my spam while the others that came afterwards went to my inbox).

I'd appreciate anything you have I can read on the subject. It sounds like you're saying that PULSING can cause virus mutation but not taking them at the same time? She was taking 300 mg of Monolauren for about 3 weeks before starting Valtrex and our DAN didn't have a problem with her taking both. I'm supposed to work up to 300 mg of Monolauren twice a day but haven't as of yet.

Thanks for all the knowledge! Anything I can read would be great if you have it!

Kim

Ok, just saw this one saying it is ok to do them at the same time so disregard my "confused" email...lol.

Gotta love the digest!

Interestingly though...we did get a non itchy rash on the monolauren on her wrists that lasted about 2 weeks then moved to her back. We haven't seen any sort of rash since we started Valtrex 2 weeks ago. Ideas?