RemedySpot.com

Re: For those using Chinese Herbs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Trust me, I am dying to know the ingredients of at least 20 types of herb combination of on son's designed by Dr. Peng and I also know that they keep it so secreted as their own intelligence copy right, it is like the Kentucky Fried Chicken will not tell Pop Eye Fried Chicken their secret ingredients of the mix of batter for fried chicken. When I asked Dr. Peng ( the father) about the ingredient, he sounded like I am trying to steal something from him... Geeee. So, do your own home work and create your own herb combination are these TCM doctors' mentality. But, hey, Dr. Peng's herb combination works out for my son better than anything we have tried so far.

Per Dr. Peng, the Peng Family has been in TCM business for hunderds of years, fathers passed on sons their TCM knowledge and prescriptions to thousands of illness and diseases. That's why in the clinic, there are two Dr. Pengs, the father and the son, If you really want to learn the ingredients and doesage of each herb combination to each disease, you either has to be born in the family or marry to the family member. that's it. This is something you may not even learn from TCM school.... I know it is frustrated for people who wants to learn. So, I pray that Dr. Peng senior will be alive until he teached all his tricks to his son, otherwise, we won't have the right herbs to recover my son....

One thing that Dr. Peng's herb combination should have him win some prize is his herb totally make my son' OCD disappeared and anxiety is totally gone. My son has been on SSRI and anti-psychotic drugs for years, and nothing can magically stop his OCD and anxiety like this old TCM doctor's herb packet wrapped in recycled paper bags.

Sincerely, Rei

Subject: For those using Chinese HerbsTo: mb12 valtrex Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 5:09 PM

Do any of you who are using herbs have the formula ingredients and their dosage? I am researching formulas for my son and have found some info, but I would like to add to it with actual patient experiences.

And also it sounds like some of you are stopping supplements while doing TCM - why? I can theorize but am interested in the practitioners reasoning.-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com

Most of these herbs all contain great sources of vitamin, mineral...which are the same ingredient from the "supp" we get from capusles. So, do you want take vitamin and mineral from capusle or from natural brewed herbs, leaves, roots, stems, seeds, fruits and flowers....So, if you are drinking highly concentrated herb juice brewed from the raw material, you are taking sufficient amount of nutrition, vitamin and mineral, why taking supp to overload yoru body and liver?

Sincerely, Rei

Subject: For those using Chinese HerbsTo: mb12 valtrex Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 5:09 PM

Do any of you who are using herbs have the formula ingredients and their dosage? I am researching formulas for my son and have found some info, but I would like to add to it with actual patient experiences.

And also it sounds like some of you are stopping supplements while doing TCM - why? I can theorize but am interested in the practitioners reasoning.-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com

Ahhh but this wise old TCM doc (actually Im a young white girl, lol) is very adept at herb id, was one of my fortes in school, so if he sends actual raw herbs I can probably figure it out! Still means I have to buy them from him though ;)

The KFC not telling Pop Eye cracked me up! " Most " of us who do Chinese Medicine are actually quite supportive of each other or those who think they are really onto something lecture and make money off of it or a very small few, usually the classical Chinese who have handed it down through generations keep their " Ancient Chinese Secrets " - what was that commercial, some soap thing right?

Are you still doing any supplements?

Trust me, I am dying to know the ingredients of at least 20 types of herb combination of on son's designed by Dr. Peng and I also know that they keep it so secreted as their own intelligence copy right, it is like the Kentucky Fried Chicken will not tell Pop Eye Fried Chicken their secret ingredients of the mix of batter for fried chicken. When I asked Dr. Peng ( the father) about the ingredient, he sounded like I am trying to steal something from him... Geeee. So, do your own home work and create your own herb combination are these TCM doctors' mentality. But, hey, Dr. Peng's herb combination works out for my son better than anything we have tried so far.

Per Dr. Peng, the Peng Family has been in TCM business for hunderds of years, fathers passed on sons their TCM knowledge and prescriptions to thousands of illness and diseases. That's why in the clinic, there are two Dr. Pengs, the father and the son, If you really want to learn the ingredients and doesage of each herb combination to each disease, you either has to be born in the family or marry to the family member. that's it. This is something you may not even learn from TCM school.... I know it is frustrated for people who wants to learn. So, I pray that Dr. Peng senior will be alive until he teached all his tricks to his son, otherwise, we won't have the right herbs to recover my son....

One thing that Dr. Peng's herb combination should have him win some prize is his herb totally make my son' OCD disappeared and anxiety is totally gone. My son has been on SSRI and anti-psychotic drugs for years, and nothing can magically stop his OCD and anxiety like this old TCM doctor's herb packet wrapped in recycled paper bags.

Sincerely, Rei

Subject: For those using Chinese Herbs

To: mb12 valtrex Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 5:09 PM

-- Ormonde, L.Ac.

www.AuburnCommunityAcupuncture.com

No supp, only omega 3, 6, 9 from flex seed oil, calcium, and multi-vitamin and probiotic sometimes.

We picked some leaves, roots, seeds, bark, flakes from some tree from the herb combination, like we pick one out of each sample and I am going to take a picture of each one of them. Do you want me to email it to you, so you can figure it out what they are. Also, how do you figure out each doesage of each herb in one pack?

Sincerely, Rei

From: Ormonde <cariadanamgmail (DOT) com>Subject: For those using Chinese HerbsTo: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 5:09 PM

And also it sounds like some of you are stopping supplements while doing TCM - why? I can theorize but am interested in the practitioners reasoning.-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com

There is no way I could figure out dosage unless you have a scale that can measure grams. Depending on the pics I could probably make out the herbs, unfortunately some herbs have a very similiar appearance and things like smell and texture have to be assessed. I also have used granules (which is essentially powdered herb extracts) for the last 6 years so I might be a bit rusty at herb i.d. and will be digging out the books!

But I'd be curious just to do it as a case study of your son. Obviously how much of each herb and how it is combined is so finely put together that the odds are that particular formula is not going to work for another and will not always work for your son, herbal formulas are meant to change as symptoms change. Sometimes a basic tonifying prescription might be given long term without much change, but now Im about to start rambling so will cut myself off, lol. But anyway as a TCM doc/herbalist it will tell me alot about Dr. Peng's thinking esp if I know what he's trying to effect in your son.

No supp, only omega 3, 6, 9 from flex seed oil, calcium, and multi-vitamin and probiotic sometimes.

We picked some leaves, roots, seeds, bark, flakes from some tree from the herb combination, like we pick one out of each sample and I am going to take a picture of each one of them. Do you want me to email it to you, so you can figure it out what they are. Also, how do you figure out each doesage of each herb in one pack?

Sincerely, Rei

From: Ormonde <cariadanamgmail (DOT) com>Subject: For those using Chinese Herbs

To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 5:09 PM

-- Ormonde, L.Ac.

www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com -- Ormonde, L.Ac.

Hey, July, it is very interesting. You are a TCM doctor, too? Would you be on our broad more often? Since Dr. Peng is swamped by us and getting hard and hard to get him email us back or answer calls, for some general question regarding TCM, can we ask you on this broad then? I would appreciate greatly.

Yes. I would like to use my son's recovery experience with TCM as a case study. So far, we have been on the herb for 8 weeks, going to 9th week. So far so good. We have no complaints at all, only joy and appreciation. But, recently, he has rashes, massive one, do you think this is part of detox? I asked Dr. Peng, he did not think it is detox. But, Ty's mom--'s TCM think Ty's case is organ detox due to body is having too much heat.

What is your take on it?

Sincerely, Rei

From: Ormonde <cariadanamgmail (DOT) com>Subject: For those using Chinese HerbsTo: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 5:09 PM

And also it sounds like some of you are stopping supplements while doing TCM - why? I can theorize but am interested in the practitioners reasoning.-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com

Hi Rei, yes I'd be happy to answer what I can, of course I can't answer for Dr. Peng.

From a western prospective, I'd say the rash is most likely detox, what are the characteristics?

From a TCM perspective " heat " and " pathogens " can come out through the skin, they can also come out through bodily fluids and feces. Dr. Peng must have prescribed herbs to go out through his BMs and Im guessing he might have used the herb Da Huang to do this, but this is purely guessing. I would say these kids somewhat defy standard detoxing and as a parent who knows this, I can see how a rash could appear. But I can see why he would think it shouldn't,

*IF* his herbs are for detox, which I don't know that they are, I would guesstimate this is detox and not another cause.

again purely conjecture and not at all diagnostic

Hey, July, it is very interesting. You are a TCM doctor, too? Would you be on our broad more often? Since Dr. Peng is swamped by us and getting hard and hard to get him email us back or answer calls, for some general question regarding TCM, can we ask you on this broad then? I would appreciate greatly.

Yes. I would like to use my son's recovery experience with TCM as a case study. So far, we have been on the herb for 8 weeks, going to 9th week. So far so good. We have no complaints at all, only joy and appreciation. But, recently, he has rashes, massive one, do you think this is part of detox? I asked Dr. Peng, he did not think it is detox. But, Ty's mom--'s TCM think Ty's case is organ detox due to body is having too much heat.

What is your take on it?

Sincerely, Rei

-- Ormonde, L.Ac.

www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com

-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com

-- Ormonde, L.Ac.

Thanks !

" From a TCM perspective " heat " and " pathogens " can come out through

the skin " - this was the impression that I felt my Dr.

was insinuating in our conversation when he said Ty's " body

was hot " commenting on his excessive itching/rash. Do note

that Ty's itching was not always where an actual rash was.

So while he did have a rash on his thigh and buttock that

itched, he also had a bad torso day where he was " jumping

out of his skin " by taking his shirt off all day in school

yet no rash actually developed on his torso!

> >>>

> >>> >

> >>> Subject: For those using Chinese Herbs

> >>> To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com <mb12 valtrex >

> >>> Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 5:09 PM

> >>>

> >>>

> >>> Do any of you who are using herbs have the formula

ingredients and

> >>> their dosage? I am researching formulas for my son and have

found some

> >>> info, but I would like to add to it with actual patient

experiences.

> >>>

> >>> And also it sounds like some of you are stopping supplements

while doing

> >>> TCM - why? I can theorize but am interested in the

practitioners reasoning.

> >>>

> >>> --

> >>> Ormonde, L.Ac.

> >>> www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture.

com<http://www.auburncommunityacupuncture.com/>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>

> >>

> >> --

> >> Ormonde, L.Ac.

> >> www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture.

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> > --

> > Ormonde, L.Ac.

> > www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Ormonde, L.Ac.

> www.AuburnCommunityAcupuncture.com

>

, you are awesome! Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.

Yes. one of the major benefits from Dr. Peng's herb combo is assist liver in processing detox. So, you also think the rashes are part of detox....

We took my son to see his own pediatrician yesterday and she prescribed him Prednisolone which reduced the itchyness and redness.The rashes look better today.

My question for you is should we let the rashes going on as the way it should be and let the detox process complete? or should we take the medicine to stop the rashes?

The rashes became very irritable later, and my son can't sit in the classroom, all he did is scratching and scratching, so we have to take him home from school...

, following are the 4 herbs that Dr. Peng told me in my sons' herb combo. But there are more than these 4 herbs. I thought you may be interested in knowing it. The firest one Gstrodia, also called Tian Ma, for improved blood circulation in the brain.

Rhizoma Gastrodiae Elatae

Gastrodia Tuber

Comes from very high mountain area in very inland of China, close to Tibet[8]

Radix Ligustici Chuanxiong

Spica Prunellae Vulgaris

Flos Chrysanthemi Morifolii

Sincerely, Rei

And also it sounds like some of you are stopping supplements while doing TCM - why? I can theorize but am interested in the practitioners reasoning.-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com

:

We are not using Dr. Peng but here is our latest formula for " inner

wind " since my son first presented seizures (Infantile Spasms) after

the 3rd round of vaccines at 6 months (DTaP most likely). We

controlled the spasms with ACTH injections and as he grew older

starting presenting autistic traits.

Tian Wang Bu Xin Tang (20 g)

Si Jun Zi Tang (14 g)

Ma Zi Ren (8 g)

We use powders.

I have a quick question I was hoping you could answer. My son has

been waking up for an hour every night between the hours of 3-5 AM,

complaining of itchy arms and legs. I know that is when the lung

detoxes. Do you think his lungs are detoxing too fast or rather that

I need to add something to help his lungs detox.

TIA,

Frances

>

> Do any of you who are using herbs have the formula ingredients and

their dosage?  I am researching formulas for my son and have found

some info, but I would like to add to it with actual patient

experiences.

>  

> And also it sounds like some of you are stopping supplements while

doing TCM - why?  I can theorize but am interested in the

practitioners reasoning.

>

> --

> Ormonde, L.Ac.

> www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com

>

>

>

>

>

> --

> Ormonde, L.Ac.

>

>

>

>

>

> --

> Ormonde, L.Ac.

>

>

>

>

>

> --

> Ormonde, L.Ac.

>

I will have to respond to the herbal parts of these posts later when I have more time to really study them.

As for the rash, steroids only supress whatever is causing the rash, it does not " heal " anything and steroids are hard on the body. A prime example of this is kids with eczema, they take steroids to calm the eczema and then lo and behold in a few years these exact same kids get asthma. If you deal with causes of the eczema in the first place, get it out, then it never festers and becomes asthma. You can search this in studies and see the high correlation between eczema and asthma. In Chinese medicine we are taught to use herbs to " vent " the rash, actually make the pathogen come up and out of the body. I would talk to Dr. Peng about this and decide what to do, he may have something that he can make into a topical that can help with the itching.

, you are awesome! Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.

Yes. one of the major benefits from Dr. Peng's herb combo is assist liver in processing detox. So, you also think the rashes are part of detox....

We took my son to see his own pediatrician yesterday and she prescribed him Prednisolone which reduced the itchyness and redness.The rashes look better today.

My question for you is should we let the rashes going on as the way it should be and let the detox process complete? or should we take the medicine to stop the rashes?

The rashes became very irritable later, and my son can't sit in the classroom, all he did is scratching and scratching, so we have to take him home from school...

, following are the 4 herbs that Dr. Peng told me in my sons' herb combo. But there are more than these 4 herbs. I thought you may be interested in knowing it. The firest one Gstrodia, also called Tian Ma, for improved blood circulation in the brain.

Rhizoma Gastrodiae Elatae

Gastrodia Tuber

Comes from very high mountain area in very inland of China, close to Tibet[8]

Radix Ligustici Chuanxiong

Spica Prunellae Vulgaris

Flos Chrysanthemi Morifolii

Sincerely, Rei

-- Ormonde, L.Ac.

www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com

-- Ormonde, L.Ac.

Ok, July, thank you so much for your advice. I am thinking about taking my son to see Dr. Peng ( the father ) tomorrow and ask them abou the rash. We will stop giving my son the steriod RX ( prescribed by his pedia). Dr. Peng ( the father) did mention about something on the phone that will improve the rash. Thank you, again.

Sincerely, Rei

And also it sounds like some of you are stopping supplements while doing TCM - why? I can theorize but am interested in the practitioners reasoning.-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com

Frances,

I was just going back through to write down the herbs to look at and realized I missed your question. 3-5 is the lung time, you are correct, it is when its energy is the strongest and it is working at its best. Skin is connected to the lung in TCM so I would say the itching is definately involved some way with a pathogen/toxin, whether it is that it is manifesting because this is when it shows it is there or it is manifesting because he is detoxing is debatable - I would have to base it off of what he is taking to say which one,

In looking at the three formulas you mentioned none of them look particularly detoxing, especially through the lungs/skin. Mai Zi Ren will clear some heat, especially through the bowels (its main purpose is for constipation) the other two formulas are very nourishing and shouldn't really detox at least not directly. Theorizing here: I don't really think this is likely but if things were being nourished enough then possibly the body is working more efficiently to detox itself - again very unlikely especially in a short amount of time with the herbs you are using.

What other results are you seeing with the herbs?

I would talk to you TCM doc, if you haven't already.

:We are not using Dr. Peng but here is our latest formula for " inner wind " since my son first presented seizures (Infantile Spasms) after the 3rd round of vaccines at 6 months (DTaP most likely). We

controlled the spasms with ACTH injections and as he grew older starting presenting autistic traits.Tian Wang Bu Xin Tang (20 g)Si Jun Zi Tang (14 g)Ma Zi Ren (8 g)We use powders. I have a quick question I was hoping you could answer. My son has

been waking up for an hour every night between the hours of 3-5 AM, complaining of itchy arms and legs. I know that is when the lung detoxes. Do you think his lungs are detoxing too fast or rather that I need to add something to help his lungs detox.

TIA,Frances > > Do any of you who are using herbs have the formula ingredients and their dosage? I am researching formulas for my son and have found some info, but I would like to add to it with actual patient

experiences.> > And also it sounds like some of you are stopping supplements while doing TCM - why? I can theorize but am interested in the practitioners reasoning.> > -- > Ormonde, L.Ac.

> www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com> > > > > > -- > Ormonde, L.Ac.> www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com> > > > >

> -- > Ormonde, L.Ac.> www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com> > > > > > -- > Ormonde, L.Ac.> www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com>

-- Ormonde, L.Ac.