RemedySpot.com

Re: Valtrex Day 24

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I will tell you our story--did 59 days and got so bad she was having melt downs every hour--aggresssion, loosing it all the time--hitting--never did before--she was getting ready to start pre-school and had to stop Valtrex at 59 days--the next day she was back and better than she had ever been with eye contact and everything else--she was looking at us in the eyes and hitting us--about a month off of Valtrex she is regressing--I am not sure if took her off too soon or if she got hit with a virus--having to readjust things--can not go back on Valtrex and go to school at the same time--hope this helps--Any advise out there would be great--Thanks

Subject: Valtrex Day 24To: mb12 valtrex Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 12:44 AM

Hi All,We are on day 24 of valtrex and have seen no major changes. We have had once or twice red cheeks but nothing else. Could it be that he will not be a responder ? When did most people see some improvement. We are just seeing regression and nothing else.How long would most people suggest we conitnue with valtrex?ThanksJoanna

What is your dose, and what is the schedule you use for

administering? Morning,noon, night? Many people are on 750-1500 mg

total given in several small doses as we were when our son was just

4. It's hard to advise w/out dose.

>

> Hi All,

>

> We are on day 24 of valtrex and have seen no major changes. We have

> had once or twice red cheeks but nothing else. Could it be that he

> will not be a responder ? When did most people see some

improvement.

> We are just seeing regression and nothing else.

>

> How long would most people suggest we conitnue with valtrex?

> Thanks

> Joanna

>

Our son showed physical reaction. He got red dots on his thighs, mouth and bottom of nose. At first they were just red dots, then the ones around his chin filled with puss (gross i know) but they are all going away now. He also had chapped lips since starting. Is that normal?

We are about to start heavy metal removal so we are going to back off on the Valtrex until we see an immunologist ( Dr. Baptist).

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 5:36:19 AMSubject: Re: Valtrex Day 24

What is your dose, and what is the schedule you use for administering? Morning,noon, night? Many people are on 750-1500 mg total given in several small doses as we were when our son was just 4. It's hard to advise w/out dose.>> Hi All,> > We are on day 24 of valtrex and have seen no major changes. We have > had once or twice red cheeks but nothing else. Could it be that he > will not be a responder ? When did most people see some improvement. > We are just seeing regression and nothing else.> > How long would most people suggest we conitnue with valtrex?> Thanks> Joanna>

My DAN! doc told me he had a patient recently who responded at day 80.

--penumbra

>

> Hi All,

>

> We are on day 24 of valtrex and have seen no major changes. We have

> had once or twice red cheeks but nothing else. Could it be that he

> will not be a responder ? When did most people see some improvement.

> We are just seeing regression and nothing else.

>

> How long would most people suggest we conitnue with valtrex?

> Thanks

> Joanna

>

Another thing to think about:  what is your dosage? Cheryl~Check out my blog:  http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com/ Hi All,We are on day 24 of valtrex and have seen no major changes. We have had once or twice red cheeks but nothing else. Could it be that he will not be a responder ? When did most people see some improvement. We are just seeing regression and nothing else.How long would most people suggest we conitnue with valtrex?ThanksJoanna------------------------------------

I would continue for 45 days and if still nothing, consider switching anitvirals.  Although, I do know that someone on the list waited it out for 60 days before seeing improvements. Cheryl~Check out my blog:  http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com/ Hi All,We are on day 24 of valtrex and have seen no major changes. We have had once or twice red cheeks but nothing else. Could it be that he will not be a responder ? When did most people see some improvement. We are just seeing regression and nothing else.How long would most people suggest we conitnue with valtrex?ThanksJoanna------------------------------------

I have given 90days and didn't see any improvements and then stopped.

My son was 3.5 at that time and he was taking 1500mg per day.

>

> > Hi All,

> >

> > We are on day 24 of valtrex and have seen no major changes. We

have

> > had once or twice red cheeks but nothing else. Could it be that he

> > will not be a responder ? When did most people see some

improvement.

> > We are just seeing regression and nothing else.

> >

> > How long would most people suggest we conitnue with valtrex?

> > Thanks

> > Joanna

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

Hi All,

My son is 46 pounds and we are on 1500mgs for the day (i.e 500 X3

times a day).

I thought it was high but then seeing the below email, I see maybe

not ??

Appreciate your thoughts

Thanks

Joanna

> >>

> >>> Hi All,

> >>>

> >>> We are on day 24 of valtrex and have seen no major changes. We

> > have

> >>> had once or twice red cheeks but nothing else. Could it be

that he

> >>> will not be a responder ? When did most people see some

> > improvement.

> >>> We are just seeing regression and nothing else.

> >>>

> >>> How long would most people suggest we conitnue with valtrex?

> >>> Thanks

> >>> Joanna

> >>>

> >>>

> >>> ------------------------------------

> >>>

> >>>

1500 is great for your son. Cheryl~Check out my blog:  http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com/ Hi All,My son is 46 pounds and we are on 1500mgs for the day (i.e 500 X3 times a day).I thought it was high but then seeing the below email, I see maybe not ??Appreciate your thoughtsThanksJoanna Hi All,We are on day 24 of valtrex and have seen no major changes. We have had once or twice red cheeks but nothing else. Could it be  that he will not be a responder ? When did most people see some improvement. We are just seeing regression and nothing else.How long would most people suggest we conitnue with valtrex?ThanksJoanna------------------------------------