RemedySpot.com

Re: Dr. Peng - Concentrated powder form instead of tea??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm sure you might be able to put them in capsules, but he said he prepared the

powder in bags to be mixed with water. I was going to try and mix it with water

and a sweetener like agave nectar and then eventually use less and less

sweetener.

Sandy

I just wish we'd get anything from Dr. Peng at this point. I spoke to him a week ago. He specifically asked me how many days worth of the medicien I had left and I told him. I thought I'd get more in time but we've been out for 3 days now and if nothing comes today I think I'm putting my son back on his supplements. I finally took the leap and took my son off most of his supplements and now we've run out of herbs.

KerrieOne site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.

Just one kid thankfully. He's a bit out of sorts lately and may as well be three!!!

thanks Rei

I want this to help so badly, especially with my son moving up and out of the autism class come January 5th. I fought hard for this move and want it to be successful.

Kerrie

I will ask Dr. Peng today in person and if you don't mind, I will find out where your herb stands ( shipped out or not yet), Kerrie. Do you have three children all on Dr. Peng's herb?

Sincerely, Rei

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.

He mentioned this to me the last time I called to order more as well. I was/am a little concerned, but I'm going to reserve judgement until we've tried the new ones. He said the new mixture will be more condensed and concentrated and that you just add hot water to the herbs and wait 20 minutes for them to dissolve, then drink. I questioned him on their effectiveness, and he said he felt they would be better b/c they would be more concentrated.

Subject: Dr. Peng - Concentrated powder form instead of tea??To: mb12 valtrex Date: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 3:10 PM

Rei or anyone else using Dr. Peng:I just had my first consultation with Dr. Peng's son a few days ago and then he called me back today to get my address to send me the herbs. I asked him about instructions on brewing the herbs and he said they are powder form. I was very confused by this because I thought it was the natural herb brewed that made the big difference here, maybe I'm wrong. He said that they have switched over to a concentrated powder that will have the same effects as the tea. Has anyone tried the new powder from Dr. Peng yet? Alittle history: We've been using a powder herb with another TCM locally here in San Diego for over a month with no improvements only more hyperness. I told Dr. Peng about this and actually faxed him over the list of 10 herbs that we have been using. He evaluated the list and said that their mix does not contain any of the ones on my current TCM's

list. Anyways, just wanted to share some information and to also get an opinion from those that are using Dr. Peng's mix.Thank you,Sandy

Please everyone ... post your results on this new powdered form. Can you order more now at a time with cheaper shipping? I am so, so interested in reading your results, good or bad.

Thanks!

From: Sandy <sandybwalker@ yahoo.com>Subject: Dr. Peng - Concentrated powder form instead of tea??To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 3:10 PM

Rei or anyone else using Dr. Peng:I just had my first consultation with Dr. Peng's son a few days ago and then he called me back today to get my address to send me the herbs. I asked him about instructions on brewing the herbs and he said they are powder form. I was very confused by this because I thought it was the natural herb brewed that made the big difference here, maybe I'm wrong. He said that they have switched over to a concentrated powder that will have the same effects as the tea. Has anyone tried the new powder from Dr. Peng yet? Alittle history: We've been using a powder herb with another TCM locally here in San Diego for over a month with no improvements only more hyperness. I told Dr. Peng about this and actually faxed him over the list of 10 herbs that we have been using. He evaluated the list and said that their mix does not contain any of the ones on my current TCM's

list. Anyways, just wanted to share some information and to also get an opinion from those that are using Dr. Peng's mix.Thank you,Sandy

Please everyone ... post your results on this new powdered form. Can you order more now at a time with cheaper shipping? I am so, so interested in reading your results, good or bad.

Thanks!

From: Sandy <sandybwalker@ yahoo.com>Subject: Dr. Peng - Concentrated powder form instead of tea??To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 3:10 PM

He told me the herbs themselves would cost a bit more but that the shipping would be less.

This is very interesting to me. We just picked up 3 weeks worths of fresh herb from Dr. Peng couple of days ago, and we were not told at all about the powder form herb. As a matter of fact, I noticed Dr. Peng ( the father) added more volumn of some of the herb in our batch this time, it smells better and color looks much pure from this patch. I really can't tell the difference of the effect from my son from the new batches and old ones, but my sons' condition still consisitantly improved. I will call in and asked Dr. Peng about the powder form today.

Sincerely, Rei

I will ask Dr. Peng today in person and if you don't mind, I will find out where your herb stands ( shipped out or not yet), Kerrie. Do you have three children all on Dr. Peng's herb?

Sincerely, Rei

Subject: Re: Dr. Peng - Concentrated powder form instead of tea??To: mb12 valtrex Date: Monday, December 22, 2008, 9:38 AM

I just wish we'd get anything from Dr. Peng at this point. I spoke to him a week ago. He specifically asked me how many days worth of the medicien I had left and I told him. I thought I'd get more in time but we've been out for 3 days now and if nothing comes today I think I'm putting my son back on his supplements. I finally took the leap and took my son off most of his supplements and now we've run out of herbs.

Kerrie

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.

Hi everyone I said a bit about granules in another post, but I don't remember which one! Granules are very effective, and are easier to make and take. Yes they can be put into capsules, some companies sell them both ways if it is a traditional formula, since I am relatively sure that Dr.Peng modifies and makes up his own formulas they aren't probably available capsulated, but you can do it yourself, buy the capsules and put the powder in. It is time consuming but if you have a child who can swallow them and you have some seriously bitter herbs this is an option.

And btw I know you are just trying to get herbs in but be careful with adding lots of sweetners, these do change the properties of the formula therefore affecting their ability to work as meant. Try to get away with the least amount you can. If you add honey try to get ahold of raw honey, it has its own medicinal properties and is much healthier than pasteurized.

Sincerely, Rei

Subject: Re: Dr. Peng - Concentrated powder form instead of tea??To: mb12 valtrex Date: Monday, December 22, 2008, 9:38 AM

Kerrie

-- Ormonde, L.Ac.

www.AuburnCommunityAcupuncture.com

Thanks so much for mentioning that about the sweeteners, . I started with raw honey but ran out, so I used what I had in the cupboard, which was agave. Sometimes I get a little carried away with it b/c she doesn't like this latest batch of herbs at all. She didn't mind the first batch, but she says this one tastes like dandelions.

BTW, I took her for acupuncture on Saturday. She did just fine. She only said that it was weird. She said it didn't hurt....just one that was by her ankle. He then wanted to do cupping, which she wanted no part of (maybe I shouldn't shown her those pictures on the internet).

From: ratlenhumaol (DOT) com <ratlenhumaol (DOT) com> Subject: Re: Dr. Peng - Concentrated powder form instead of tea??To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, December 22, 2008, 9:38 AM

Kerrie

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com

, well if they aren't going to take their herbs at all, adding more sweetner is better than no herbs, you know? but try decreasing the amounts of sweetner a tiny bit at a time and see if you can get it down that way. Some herbs just have to have something, even for me who has been forced to drink some seriously nasty herbs before ;)

Im so glad she tried the acupuncture, kudos to her! I could see her concern about the cupping, it looks absolutely horrid, but oddly it kinda feels good, it definately does not feel how it looks and its a great treatment.

Thanks so much for mentioning that about the sweeteners, . I started with raw honey but ran out, so I used what I had in the cupboard, which was agave. Sometimes I get a little carried away with it b/c she doesn't like this latest batch of herbs at all. She didn't mind the first batch, but she says this one tastes like dandelions.

BTW, I took her for acupuncture on Saturday. She did just fine. She only said that it was weird. She said it didn't hurt....just one that was by her ankle. He then wanted to do cupping, which she wanted no part of (maybe I shouldn't shown her those pictures on the internet).

From: ratlenhumaol (DOT) com <ratlenhumaol (DOT) com> Subject: Re: Dr. Peng - Concentrated powder form instead of tea??To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, December 22, 2008, 9:38 AM

Kerrie

-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com

-- Ormonde, L.Ac.

I will start decreasing today :)

I am hoping as time goes on and she gets more comfortable with the acupuncture she gives cupping a try. I forgot to mention he taped little black beads into different points in her ears. For her he was focusing on her back issue, which he says are connected to her stomach aches that she gets all the time. In fact, he put a couple in mine to demonstrate, and they're still there. He said these were the "calming" points.

Kerrie

-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com

Yes keep posting on this, as I will be interested to

hear what others have to say about the powders.

My tcm Dr locally told me that Ty's brewed tea is

equivilant to 3 bottles of capsules in strength!!!! This came up

because I was speaking to him about my older son's

attention issues and told him my teen wouldn't drink

the tea, but would swallow capsules.

>

> From: Sandy <sandybwalker@ yahoo.com>

> Subject: Dr. Peng - Concentrated powder form instead

of tea??

> To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 3:10 PM

>

>

>

>

> Rei or anyone else using Dr. Peng:

>

> I just had my first consultation with Dr. Peng's son a few days ago

and

> then he called me back today to get my address to send me the

herbs. I

> asked him about instructions on brewing the herbs and he said they

are

> powder form. I was very confused by this because I thought it was

the

> natural herb brewed that made the big difference here, maybe I'm

> wrong. He said that they have switched over to a concentrated

powder

> that will have the same effects as the tea. Has anyone tried the

new

> powder from Dr. Peng yet?

>

> Alittle history: We've been using a powder herb with another TCM

> locally here in San Diego for over a month with no improvements

only

> more hyperness. I told Dr. Peng about this and actually faxed him

over

> the list of 10 herbs that we have been using. He evaluated the list

> and said that their mix does not contain any of the ones on my

current

> TCM's list.

>

> Anyways, just wanted to share some information and to also get an

> opinion from those that are using Dr. Peng's mix.

>

> Thank you,

>

> Sandy

>

we were able to quit the honey with the last

batch of tea, wasn't too offensive or Ty is just

getting used to the taste. But this new batch this

morning tasted like it had an " old shoe aftertaste "

LOL! So I added the honey back in. Thanks for

the sweetner update info!

>

> From: ratlenhumaol (DOT) com <ratlenhumaol (DOT) com>

>

> Subject: Re: Dr. Peng - Concentrated powder form

instead of tea??

> To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Monday, December 22, 2008, 9:38 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I just wish we'd get anything from Dr. Peng at this point. I spoke

to him a week ago. He specifically asked me how many days worth of

the medicien I had left and I told him.  I thought I'd get more in

time but we've been out for 3 days now and if nothing comes today I

think I'm putting my son back on his supplements. I finally took the

leap and took my son off most of his supplements and now we've run

out of herbs.

>  

> Kerrie

>

>

>

>

>

> One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail,

and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.

>

>

>

> --

> Ormonde, L.Ac.

> www.AuburnCommunity Acupuncture. com

>

hmmm I would say this is true if he is comparing to what are called " tea pills " but not to granulated herbs, you might clarify this with him. It is true that raw is the best, but high quality granules from a reputable company are a very good option.

Yes keep posting on this, as I will be interested tohear what others have to say about the powders.My tcm Dr locally told me that Ty's brewed tea isequivilant to 3 bottles of capsules in strength!!!! This came up

because I was speaking to him about my older son'sattention issues and told him my teen wouldn't drink the tea, but would swallow capsules.> > From: Sandy <sandybwalker@ yahoo.com>

> Subject: Dr. Peng - Concentrated powder form instead of tea??> To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 3:10 PM> > > > > Rei or anyone else using Dr. Peng:

> > I just had my first consultation with Dr. Peng's son a few days ago and > then he called me back today to get my address to send me the herbs. I > asked him about instructions on brewing the herbs and he said they

are > powder form. I was very confused by this because I thought it was the > natural herb brewed that made the big difference here, maybe I'm > wrong. He said that they have switched over to a concentrated

powder > that will have the same effects as the tea. Has anyone tried the new > powder from Dr. Peng yet? > > Alittle history: We've been using a powder herb with another TCM > locally here in San Diego for over a month with no improvements

only > more hyperness. I told Dr. Peng about this and actually faxed him over > the list of 10 herbs that we have been using. He evaluated the list > and said that their mix does not contain any of the ones on my

current > TCM's list. > > Anyways, just wanted to share some information and to also get an > opinion from those that are using Dr. Peng's mix.> > Thank you,> > Sandy

>

-- Ormonde, L.Ac.

Thanks for asking Dr. Peng for us Rei! It's great that you are nearby and can

get some face to face. I'm alittle concerned about the powdered form because we

just stopped using a powdered form from another TCM because it wasn't having any

effect. Dr. Peng assured me that this will be alot different and more

effective, we'll see...

Someone was asking about price: I was quoted $6/day for a 48 lb boy and

shipping for a month's supply was $20. I was told to check in around week 3 to

order more herbs, but from hearing all of you I think I will call in around week

Sandy

thanks for the clarification , and yes, my Dr.

did hold up a bottle of " chinese supplements " when

he made the comparison, so it must be different than

the granules that Dr Peng is speaking of with his

patients.

> > >

> > > From: Sandy <sandybwalker@ yahoo.com>

> > > Subject: Dr. Peng - Concentrated powder form

instead

> > of tea??

> > > To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com

> > > Date: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 3:10 PM

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Rei or anyone else using Dr. Peng:

> > >

> > > I just had my first consultation with Dr. Peng's son a few days

ago

> > and

> > > then he called me back today to get my address to send me the

> > herbs. I

> > > asked him about instructions on brewing the herbs and he said

they

> > are

> > > powder form. I was very confused by this because I thought it

was

> > the

> > > natural herb brewed that made the big difference here, maybe I'm

> > > wrong. He said that they have switched over to a concentrated

> > powder

> > > that will have the same effects as the tea. Has anyone tried the

> > new

> > > powder from Dr. Peng yet?

> > >

> > > Alittle history: We've been using a powder herb with another TCM

> > > locally here in San Diego for over a month with no improvements

> > only

> > > more hyperness. I told Dr. Peng about this and actually faxed

him

> > over

> > > the list of 10 herbs that we have been using. He evaluated the

list

> > > and said that their mix does not contain any of the ones on my

> > current

> > > TCM's list.

> > >

> > > Anyways, just wanted to share some information and to also get

an

> > > opinion from those that are using Dr. Peng's mix.

> > >

> > > Thank you,

> > >

> > > Sandy

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Ormonde, L.Ac.

> www.AuburnCommunityAcupuncture.com

>

I have ordered one months supply last week and talk to Dr. Peng just

few minutes back and he mentione that this will be in raw form and I

need to brew it for the tea.

Thanks.....

>

> Thanks for asking Dr. Peng for us Rei! It's great that you are

nearby and can get some face to face. I'm alittle concerned about

the powdered form because we just stopped using a powdered form from

another TCM because it wasn't having any effect. Dr. Peng assured

me that this will be alot different and more effective, we'll see...

>

> Someone was asking about price: I was quoted $6/day for a 48 lb

boy and shipping for a month's supply was $20. I was told to check

in around week 3 to order more herbs, but from hearing all of you I

think I will call in around week 2.

>

> Sandy

>

Thank you for this information, !

Yes they can be put into capsules, some companies sell them both ways

> if it is a traditional formula, since I am relatively sure that

Dr.Peng

> modifies and makes up his own formulas they aren't probably available

> capsulated, but you can do it yourself, buy the capsules and put the

powder

> in. It is time consuming but if you have a child who can swallow

them and

> you have some seriously bitter herbs this is an option.

>> Ormonde, L.Ac.

> www.AuburnCommunityAcupuncture.com

>

I assume you are referring to my original TCM doctor, Dr. Wang in San Diego. As

you probably know, you have to be a Peng or married to a Peng in order to get

their recipes and ingredients.

Here is the list of herbs from Dr. Wang:

Huang lian

Rou gui

Mai men dong

Tian men dong

Fu ling

Bai zhu

Shan yao

Job’s tears

Gou Qi Zi

Gan cao

Sandy

lol, yes thats what I meant, thanks!

I assume you are referring to my original TCM doctor, Dr. Wang in San Diego. As you probably know, you have to be a Peng or married to a Peng in order to get their recipes and ingredients.Here is the list of herbs from Dr. Wang:

Huang lianRou guiMai men dongTian men dongFu lingBai zhuShan yaoJob's tearsGou Qi ZiGan caoSandy -- Ormonde, L.Ac.

Hey just saw Dr. Wang - which Dr. Wang? I went to school in San Diego...

I assume you are referring to my original TCM doctor, Dr. Wang in San Diego. As you probably know, you have to be a Peng or married to a Peng in order to get their recipes and ingredients.Here is the list of herbs from Dr. Wang:

Huang lianRou guiMai men dongTian men dongFu lingBai zhuShan yaoJob's tearsGou Qi ZiGan caoSandy --

Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunityAcupuncture.com--

Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunityAcupuncture.com

Sandy those herbs look very nourishing, but won't really " calm the shen " or really address any GI or toxins. They may have helped in the long run. Im not sure what symptoms Dr. Wang was trying to address? In my own studies what I am trying to figure out is if you address the root which is often the spleen and heart (remember this is TCM) or if you need to address the toxins/heat/phlegm. It is interesting because the more helpful formulas seem to be doing this while yours was probably designed for just the root and you didn't see much effect. Again long term you have seen benefit though.

Interesting...

Hey just saw Dr. Wang - which Dr. Wang? I went to school in San Diego...

Huang lianRou guiMai men dongTian men dongFu lingBai zhuShan yaoJob's tearsGou Qi ZiGan caoSandy --

Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunityAcupuncture.com-- Ormonde, L.Ac.

www.AuburnCommunityAcupuncture.com-- Ormonde, L.Ac.www.AuburnCommunityAcupuncture.com