RemedySpot.com

Which tests (xpost)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,

I am the one who posted asking for recommendations on DAN doctors (because my is doing a one size fits all kinda thing). It looks like my insurance will not cover anyone out of state, and they will only cover one of the DANs in my state.

Since my DAN isn't doing the testing I figured I could stay with him and request testing. I was hoping for help on which tests are beneficial. At this point we have done:

Igg panel

Metabolic profile

Gluten/ Caisen sensitivy

(on our our we did a Doctor's Data hair test and applied AC counting rules).

My son is 4. He has a lot of eye stims. He has a lot of scripting. He loves to line things up. He has language, but he doesn't use sentences unless repeated from movies (or if he is forced). He has dialated eyes (even though we are avoiding food sensitivies and gluten and caisen). He is very bright. He is pretty social with family but has anxiety with strangers. Teeth grinding. Usually okay BMs except there is undigested food in them and sometimes they are strange colors like green.

We have him on gfcf diet.

He is taking brain child's ultra sentisive formal viatmin and mineral (I did this without the DAN's help because he kept biting through his shirts and the message boards suggested minerals). After we added this the biting of his shirts, and his ear flapping went away.

Juice Plus

Magnesium

B6

MB12 shots (didn't show any effect we did them for 3 months. I stopped when I read the posts about cobalt poisening)

Milk of Thistle (did this on my own without DAN's suggestion)

probiotic

Zinc

CLO

Pro EFA

2nd round DMSA (AC protocol very low dose 2mg)

Which tests should I start with and who do I order them from?

I would like to go into viruses (which I asked the DAN about and he sent me to this hockey lady that did this thing on the computer and she couldn't tell me anything but everything is nondiagnositic?!?!?). I would like to check into bateria. I want check if his vaccines caused him problems (titers). I would like to see if he has lyme disease. I would also like to see if he is being overloaded of vitamins or minerals or if he is really lacking in some. Also I am curious if there is a test that isn't a challenge that can give me an idea of what metals are in my son's body.

Thanks for the help I am really frustrated, because we are beyond broke (paid for a years worth of ABA out of pocket). We can't do this without insurance helping and yet our doctor doesn't seem to ever try anything new. The only new things he wants to do is throw him on IVs which scare me because he has not testing to prove to me that he needs these things.

Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that. Get your Hotmail® account now.

Were gluten and casein the only foods to show up in your Igg profile? Our son improved greatly once we cleaned up his diet and got rid of all foods with any sensitivity. Then make sure none of your supplements - especially probiotics - have any traces of things they are sensitive to. We had to change probiotics. Also, if you are seeing food in the stool, your son may really respond to digestive enzymes. We are using VitalZymes by Klaire Labs with great success.

Hope this helps!

To: mb12 valtrex From: ksmiller@...Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 00:03:05 +0000Subject: Re: Which tests (xpost)

I would recommend a comprehensive stool analysis, as it sounds like he has gut issues. This sould tell you what his levels of beneficial and pathogenic bacteria are and what they are sensitive to, as well as yeast, markers of inflammation, digestion, etc.If you've already done the hair metals test and applied the counting rules, then the only other one I would recommend for metals would be the urinary porphyrins test. We had ours done by Laboratoire Philippe Auguste in France, http://www.labbio.net/For Lyme testing, likely the best one is the western blot test, we used IgeneX. However, keep in mind that this can often come up with false negatives. I know of a lot of people doing a few months of antibiotics prior to the western blot test, and this can reduce the likelihood of false negatives.For viruses and titers, we did the "autism profile" by NeuroImmunology Labs. It showed titer levels to CMV, Herpes Simplex 1,2 & 6, Rubeola (measles), varicella and also for myelin basic protein, fibrillarin, neurofilament, etc. It was pretty expensive though.Another valuable test is an OAT (organic acids test). This was very helpful as it showed a lot of deficiencies and help guide us in supplementation. It also shows byproducts of yeast.Hope that helps,Sheri>> > Hello,> I am the one who posted asking for recommendations on DAN doctors (because my is doing a one size fits all kinda thing). It looks like my insurance will not cover anyone out of state, and they will only cover one of the DANs in my state. > > Since my DAN isn't doing the testing I figured I could stay with him and request testing. I was hoping for help on which tests are beneficial. At this point we have done:> Igg panel> Metabolic profile> Gluten/ Caisen sensitivy> (on our our we did a Doctor's Data hair test and applied AC counting rules). > > My son is 4. He has a lot of eye stims. He has a lot of scripting. He loves to line things up. He has language, but he doesn't use sentences unless repeated from movies (or if he is forced). He has dialated eyes (even though we are avoiding food sensitivies and gluten and caisen). He is very bright. He is pretty social with family but has anxiety with strangers. Teeth grinding. Usually okay BMs except there is undigested food in them and sometimes they are strange colors like green.> > We have him on gfcf diet. > He is taking brain child's ultra sentisive formal viatmin and mineral (I did this without the DAN's help because he kept biting through his shirts and the message boards suggested minerals). After we added this the biting of his shirts, and his ear flapping went away.> Juice Plus> Magnesium> B6> MB12 shots (didn't show any effect we did them for 3 months. I stopped when I read the posts about cobalt poisening)> Milk of Thistle (did this on my own without DAN's suggestion)> probiotic> Zinc> CLO> Pro EFA> 2nd round DMSA (AC protocol very low dose 2mg)> > Which tests should I start with and who do I order them from? > I would like to go into viruses (which I asked the DAN about and he sent me to this hockey lady that did this thing on the computer and she couldn't tell me anything but everything is nondiagnositic?!?!?). I would like to check into bateria. I want check if his vaccines caused him problems (titers). I would like to see if he has lyme disease. I would also like to see if he is being overloaded of vitamins or minerals or if he is really lacking in some. Also I am curious if there is a test that isn't a challenge that can give me an idea of what metals are in my son's body. > > Thanks for the help I am really frustrated, because we are beyond broke (paid for a years worth of ABA out of pocket). We can't do this without insurance helping and yet our doctor doesn't seem to ever try anything new. The only new things he wants to do is throw him on IVs which scare me because he has not testing to prove to me that he needs these things. > > > > > > > > > __________________________________________________________> Suspicious message? There's an alert for that. > http://windowslive.com/Explore/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad2_122008> It’s the same Hotmail®. If by “same” you mean up to 70% faster. Get your account now.