This is the most likely explanation for your son's toe walking. I

believe your son still has allergens in his diet. In my opinion, it is

best to get completely off gluten, casein, soy, MSG, chocolate,

artificial colors and flavors. Cook all meals at home and rotate

beans, potatoes, rice and organic corn for carbs. This is what I do

and my son is SOOO much better. We wasted 8 months on GFCF with no

improvements and then he worsened when we tried going off the diet, so

then I just went full force into no allergens and cooking all meals at

home from " scratch " , then came the improvements.

Also, it is important to give enzymes with every meal, this can keep

the lesions from forming or getting worse because they help digest the

particles that he may have problems digesting. If there are food

particles left in his intestines, it is an invitation for build-up of

bad bacteria and yeast with toxic byproducts which include ethanol (a

form of alcohol). My son's symptoms were giggling (he was actually

drunk from the ethanol), jumping all over furniture, and headaches.

Symptoms of problems with soy, chocolate and other legumes in my son

were bad bloating/gas pains, rubbing his head on me, and humping

(sexual stimulation). I believe this had to do with estrogen.

I have been using Amla successfully for about the past 4 months to

control yeast. We have very short, mild bouts of yeast during and

after chelation cycles, but none when we are not chelating.

Unfortunately, I don't believe yeast affects language much other than

maybe causing some additional brain fog.

>

> i'm sure many of you out there have had issues w/yeast over growth in

> ur children. i'm not soo sure my son has yeast issues, but i've

started

> digging into the issue and thought i'd start by asking here..what are

> the common symptoms for yeast?? i had read a recent post about

> toewalking being connected to yeast..(which my son still does).he's

now

> 3 1/2 and babbles not no words..other than " mama " ..could yeast be

> holding his language back?

>

> chris

>

Yeast always seems to inhibit our son’s language. When it’s

bad, we get hardly any language and what we do get is really unrecognizable.

When we’re getting it under control, words come back and are easier to

understand.

Not sure about toe-walking connected to yeast though – had heard

that could be constipation.

Hope this helps,

Mom to - 4 years old - recovering from PDD-NOS

Our recovery story: http://www.recoveringnicholas.com

mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf

Of lildyl525

Sent: Friday, December 26, 2008 8:27 PM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: yeast problems??

i'm sure many of you out there have had issues

w/yeast over growth in

ur children. i'm not soo sure my son has yeast issues, but i've started

digging into the issue and thought i'd start by asking here..what are

the common symptoms for yeast?? i had read a recent post about

toewalking being connected to yeast..(which my son still does).he's now

3 1/2 and babbles not no words..other than " mama " ..could yeast be

holding his language back?

chris

It is also important to give probiotics after meals and before

bedtime. We use Kyo-Dophilus. Here is an awesome link that explains

probiotics, exerpt below it:

<http://www.enerex.ca/articles/lactic_bacteria.htm>

Supplementing the diet with probiotics:

An adequate and consistent supply of lactic acid bacteria

(Probiotics), like vitamins, minerals and enzymes, is necessary for

long-term good health. In our modern world, it is almost impossible

to obtain optimum levels of these essential nutrients without some

form of supplementation. Like vitamins, minerals and enzymes, lactic

acid bacteria should be consumed with food. The acids in an empty

stomach are very strong and few strains can withstand this harsh

acidity (pH of 1 to 2) for extended periods. Less than 103/ml

Bifidobacterium are found in an empty stomach. However, after a meal

is consumed, the stomach contents become less acidic due to their

dilution by food (about pH 4), thus allowing for the survival of the

bacteria. The survival of L. acidophilus was found to be much lower

in fasted subjects than in non-fasted subjects. Further, the

decreased acidity following the consumption of food was found to

allow for the population of Bifidobacterium to double in size (104 to

108 ml).

The protection of the organism against dangerous microbes by regular

consumption of friendly bacteria is a preventative habit that is

important not to neglect. This protection is particularly important

when traveling and during and after the administration of

antibiotics. These alter or destroy the lactic intestinal flora that

must be replaced rapidly. Travelers are particularly vulnerable for

several reasons: Fatigue, change of food, ingestion of contaminated

foods, lack of hygiene, promiscuity.

The best probiotic supplements are stable at room temperature

(refrigeration is not required) and contain several strains found in

the human intestine. One of the best available forms is Kyo-Dophilus®

or The Friendly Trio® from Wakunaga Pharmaceuticals. This form, used

in over 30,000 hospitals and medical clinics worldwide, is also used

as the probiotic of choice, in Enerex's Greens Rx.

> >

> > i'm sure many of you out there have had issues w/yeast over

growth in

> > ur children. i'm not soo sure my son has yeast issues, but i've

> started

> > digging into the issue and thought i'd start by asking here..what

are

> > the common symptoms for yeast?? i had read a recent post about

> > toewalking being connected to yeast..(which my son still

does).he's

> now

> > 3 1/2 and babbles not no words..other than " mama " ..could yeast

be

> > holding his language back?

> >

> > chris

> >

>

You can run an Organic Oat Test to be sure. Yeast symptoms

can vary from child to child. Yeast symptoms we have seen over the years

include walking like a drunk, laughing inappropriately, hyperactivity,

not sleeping and up partying all night.

Pamela

mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf

Of lildyl525

Sent: Friday, December 26, 2008 8:27 PM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: yeast problems??

i'm sure many of you out there have had issues

w/yeast over growth in

ur children. i'm not soo sure my son has yeast issues, but i've started

digging into the issue and thought i'd start by asking here..what are

the common symptoms for yeast?? i had read a recent post about

toewalking being connected to yeast..(which my son still does).he's now

3 1/2 and babbles not no words..other than " mama " ..could yeast be

holding his language back?

chris

My son has had yeast problems for a long time. At his peak, the OAT test came back with 475 marker of arabinose and other yeast/fungals. We started the SCD (simple carb. Diet) back in april. We tested my son again a month ago and his OAT results showed 175 marker of arabinose and no other yeast/fungal was present. No antifungal has being able to give us that kind of results. I feel we are in a path to cure the yeast for once and for all.JoanieSent on the Now Network™ from my Sprint® BlackBerryFrom: " Soliday" Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 04:49:27 -0000To: <mb12 valtrex >Subject: Re: yeast problems?? Have you read Dr. Krigsman's paper about gastrointestinal lesions and autism? http://www.thoughtfulhouse.org/akrigsman_11-2007.pdf This is the most likely explanation for your son's toe walking. I believe your son still has allergens in his diet. In my opinion, it is best to get completely off gluten, casein, soy, MSG, chocolate, artificial colors and flavors. Cook all meals at home and rotate beans, potatoes, rice and organic corn for carbs. This is what I do and my son is SOOO much better. We wasted 8 months on GFCF with no improvements and then he worsened when we tried going off the diet, so then I just went full force into no allergens and cooking all meals at home from " scratch " , then came the improvements. Also, it is important to give enzymes with every meal, this can keep the lesions from forming or getting worse because they help digest the particles that he may have problems digesting. If there are food particles left in his intestines, it is an invitation for build-up of bad bacteria and yeast with toxic byproducts which include ethanol (a form of alcohol). My son's symptoms were giggling (he was actually drunk from the ethanol), jumping all over furniture, and headaches. Symptoms of problems with soy, chocolate and other legumes in my son were bad bloating/gas pains, rubbing his head on me, and humping (sexual stimulation). I believe this had to do with estrogen. I have been using Amla successfully for about the past 4 months to control yeast. We have very short, mild bouts of yeast during and after chelation cycles, but none when we are not chelating. Unfortunately, I don't believe yeast affects language much other than maybe causing some additional brain fog. > > i'm sure many of you out there have had issues w/yeast over growth in > ur children. i'm not soo sure my son has yeast issues, but i've started > digging into the issue and thought i'd start by asking here..what are > the common symptoms for yeast?? i had read a recent post about > toewalking being connected to yeast..(which my son still does).he's now > 3 1/2 and babbles not no words..other than " mama " ..could yeast be > holding his language back? > > chris >

Hi Joanie,

Was just wondering if you are using honey while on the SCD diet? Honey is supposed to aggravate yeast and is not allowed on the anti-yeast diet. My son has yeast issues and I want to follow the SCD diet for him but am a bit confused about the honey bit. Please share your opinion.

Thanks

Taniya

Subject: Re: Re: yeast problems??To: mb12 valtrex Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 5:30 AM

My son has had yeast problems for a long time. At his peak, the OAT test came back with 475 marker of arabinose and other yeast/fungals.. We started the SCD (simple carb. Diet) back in april. We tested my son again a month ago and his OAT results showed 175 marker of arabinose and no other yeast/fungal was present. No antifungal has being able to give us that kind of results. I feel we are in a path to cure the yeast for once and for all.Joanie

Sent on the Now Network™ from my Sprint® BlackBerry

From: " Soliday" Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 04:49:27 -0000To: <mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com>Subject: Re: yeast problems??

Have you read Dr. Krigsman's paper about gastrointestinal lesions and autism? http://www.thoughtf ulhouse.org/ akrigsman_ 11-2007.pdfThis is the most likely explanation for your son's toe walking. I believe your son still has allergens in his diet. In my opinion, it is best to get completely off gluten, casein, soy, MSG, chocolate, artificial colors and flavors. Cook all meals at home and rotate beans, potatoes, rice and organic corn for carbs. This is what I do and my son is SOOO much better. We wasted 8 months on GFCF with no improvements and then he worsened when we tried going off the diet, so then I just went full force into no allergens and cooking all meals at home from "scratch", then came the improvements.Also, it is important to give enzymes with every meal, this can keep the lesions from

forming or getting worse because they help digest the particles that he may have problems digesting. If there are food particles left in his intestines, it is an invitation for build-up of bad bacteria and yeast with toxic byproducts which include ethanol (a form of alcohol). My son's symptoms were giggling (he was actually drunk from the ethanol), jumping all over furniture, and headaches.Symptoms of problems with soy, chocolate and other legumes in my son were bad bloating/gas pains, rubbing his head on me, and humping (sexual stimulation) . I believe this had to do with estrogen. I have been using Amla successfully for about the past 4 months to control yeast. We have very short, mild bouts of yeast during and after chelation cycles, but none when we are not chelating. Unfortunately, I don't believe yeast affects language much other than maybe causing some additional brain fog.>> i'm sure many of you out there have had issues w/yeast over growth in > ur children. i'm not soo sure my son has yeast issues, but i've started > digging into the issue and thought i'd start by asking here..what are > the common symptoms for yeast?? i had read a recent post about > toewalking being connected to yeast...(which my son still does).he's now > 3 1/2 and babbles not no words..other than "mama" ..could yeast be > holding his language back?> > chris>

Thanks Joanie. I found the yeast protocol on the pecanbread website. A quick question though....what about fruits? Do you give your son fruits?

Thanks

Taniya

From: joanie.gines@ yahoo.com <joanie.gines@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: Re: yeast problems??To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 5:30 AM

My son has had yeast problems for a long time. At his peak, the OAT test came back with 475 marker of arabinose and other yeast/fungals.. . We started the SCD (simple carb. Diet) back in april. We tested my son again a month ago and his OAT results showed 175 marker of arabinose and no other yeast/fungal was present. No antifungal has being able to give us that kind of results. I feel we are in a path to cure the yeast for once and for all.Joanie

Sent on the Now Network™ from my Sprint® BlackBerry

From: " Soliday" Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 04:49:27 -0000To: <mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com>Subject: Re: yeast problems??

Have you read Dr. Krigsman's paper about gastrointestinal lesions and autism? http://www.thoughtf ulhouse.org/ akrigsman_ 11-2007.pdfThis is the most likely explanation for your son's toe walking. I believe your son still has allergens in his diet. In my opinion, it is best to get completely off gluten, casein, soy, MSG, chocolate, artificial colors and flavors. Cook all meals at home and rotate beans, potatoes, rice and organic corn for carbs. This is what I do and my son is SOOO much better. We wasted 8 months on GFCF with no improvements and then he worsened when we tried going off the diet, so then I just went full force into no allergens and cooking all meals at home from "scratch", then came the improvements.Also, it is important to give enzymes with every meal, this can keep the lesions from

forming or getting worse because they help digest the particles that he may have problems digesting. If there are food particles left in his intestines, it is an invitation for build-up of bad bacteria and yeast with toxic byproducts which include ethanol (a form of alcohol). My son's symptoms were giggling (he was actually drunk from the ethanol), jumping all over furniture, and headaches.Symptoms of problems with soy, chocolate and other legumes in my son were bad bloating/gas pains, rubbing his head on me, and humping (sexual stimulation) . I believe this had to do with estrogen. I have been using Amla successfully for about the past 4 months to control yeast. We have very short, mild bouts of yeast during and after chelation cycles, but none when we are not chelating. Unfortunately, I don't believe yeast affects language much other than maybe causing some additional brain fog.>> i'm sure many of you out there have had issues w/yeast over growth in > ur children. i'm not soo sure my son has yeast issues, but i've started > digging into the issue and thought i'd start by asking here..what are > the common symptoms for yeast?? i had read a recent post about > toewalking being connected to yeast....(which my son still does).he's now > 3 1/2 and babbles not no words..other than "mama" ..could yeast be > holding his language back?> > chris>