RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: help..help.. with valtrex

Rate this topic

Guest guest

No, you do not need to wean from valtrex. Cheryl~Check out my blog:  http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com/ I thought I read somewhere that you shouls be weaned off of Valtrex  and not just immediately stop it. ________________________________To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 12:42:50 PMSubject: help..help.. whith valtrexHi all.Istarted valtrex 500mg per day from 3 weeks ago , but Istoped it  when my son be very ill  for7 days now with high fever  and Istopped evry thing because he doesnot eat just litle . I  thought maybe his stomach will be tired with many supplements, diflucan and valtrex while he is sick ,I tried contact his dr. but no answer in the holiday . please can any body tell me its right what  Iam doing . or I should  continue  withe the valtrex if he ill . And in the last time Igave him 500mg valtrex with 100 mg diflucan  daily, but no developments just biting hand and was tired ,his age 5years and 7months and the whight 20 kg.Ishall be happy for any answer or sugesstionmy regards,Amar ------------------------------------

You should not start at full dose of Valtrex.  You should start at half dose for the first week.  Since it happened 2 weeks into it, I would first suspect that he is actually sick and not a reaction to the Valtrex.  In my not so medically professional opinion, if he's sick, no, you should not stop the antiviral.  Stopping and starting antivirals can cause virus mutation and being sick generally only means that he needs it even more to help his immune system.  I can tell you that die off from the valtrex really does make you not feel well.  My son hardly eats when he goes through die off.Personally, I would continue but that's just me and I'm not a doctor.  Just know that you really need to be consistent with antivirals. Cheryl~Check out my blog:  http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com/ From: amaar buty To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 12:42:50 PMSubject: help..help.. whith valtrexHi all.Istarted valtrex 500mg per day from 3 weeks ago , but Istoped it when my son be very ill  for7 days now with high feverand Istopped evry thing because he doesnot eat just litle . I thought maybe his stomach will be tired with many supplements, diflucan and valtrex while he is sick ,I tried contact his dr. but no answer in the holiday .please can any body tell me its right what  Iam doing . or I should continue  withe the valtrex if he ill .And in the last time Igave him 500mg valtrex with 100 mg diflucan daily, but no developments just biting hand and was tired ,his age 5years and 7monthsand the whight 20 kg.Ishall be happy for any answer or sugesstionmy regards,Amar  

Nick takes 500mg a day split into 3 doses. Some other key biomedical interventions have been probiotics.. Culturelle is huge for us as well as Primal Defense. Nick has to take Diflucan in conjunciton with Valtrex as it kicks up the yeasties like no other. I have used Brainchild vitamins and minerals with Nick for 4 years now. They have been huge, as well. LDN has also contributed to his progress. His mood is better and his immune system stronger since starting it 3 years ago. Omege 3's in the form of Coromega have been fantastic. We tried fish oil but it build sup in the system and made Nick lose his appetite. He does really well with the Omega 3's and it helped reduce his visual stims before we even started Valtrex. The very first intervention I ever did with Nick was adding Houston's enzyme trio

to his diet in lieu of the GFCF diet. Within 2 weeks he had regained all the speech he initially lost after his MMR. He still takes enzymes with everything he eats that isn't GFCF legal.. this means he can generally eat anything. I, of course still limit his refined sugar intake as well as certain carbs due to the yeasties but he can eat whatever he likes. I offer healthy foods but some are still not GFCF legal. I've recently found a great health food store near us that carries some GFCF pretzels and snacks that Nick really likes so he can eat those without enzymes. That's everything that Nick takes.. he doesn't really take as much as some kids I know. It's what works for him.. I've just purchased some liver support that I'll be starting this week but haven't yet.

hope this helps.. any more questions, feel free to ask :)

Tracey,

proud mom to Nick.. 7 PDD-NOS, reduced from severe Autism :)

From: nm042 <sd042verizon (DOT) net>Subject: Re: help..help.. with valtrexTo: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 10:05 PM

>I thought I read somewhere that you shouls be weaned off of Valtrex and not just immediately stop it.> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: amaar buty <ammor78_22@ ...>> To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com> Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 12:42:50 PM> Subject: help..help.. whith valtrex> > > Hi all.> Istarted valtrex 500mg per day from 3 weeks ago , but Istoped it when my son be very ill for7 days now with high fever > and Istopped evry thing because he doesnot eat just litle . I thought maybe his stomach will be tired with many supplements, diflucan and valtrex

while he is sick ,I tried contact his dr. but no answer in the holiday .> please can any body tell me its right what Iam doing . or I should continue withe the valtrex if he ill .> And in the last time Igave him 500mg valtrex with 100 mg diflucan daily, but no developments just biting hand and was tired ,his age 5years and 7months> and the whight 20 kg.> Ishall be happy for any answer or sugesstion> my regards,> Amar>

your son's body is fighting a very strong virus right now. if you're very concerned i would talk to the doctor that prescribed you the valtrex. for my son, i pushed lots of fluids and nourishment when he'd eat. viruses need to run their course..

From: amaar buty <ammor78_22yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 12:42:50 PMSubject: help..help.. whith valtrex

Hi all.

Istarted valtrex 500mg per day from 3 weeks ago , but Istoped it when my son be very ill for7 days now with high fever

and Istopped evry thing because he doesnot eat just litle . I thought maybe his stomach will be tired with many supplements, diflucan and valtrex while he is sick ,I tried contact his dr. but no answer in the holiday .

please can any body tell me its right what Iam doing . or I should continue withe the valtrex if he ill .

And in the last time Igave him 500mg valtrex with 100 mg diflucan daily, but no developments just biting hand and was tired ,his age 5years and 7months

and the whight 20 kg.

Ishall be happy for any answer or sugesstion

my regards,

Amar

LDN is low dose naltrexadone. check your five lac it may have milk in it I know that threelac does. as well as strep lines which can also be an issue in PANDAS kids. Nordic naturals has soy in it, which would be enough of an issue in my opiate kids. not sure what is in the SCD powder from lee silsby so I can't comment on that one. make sure the b vitamines aren't yeast based. it sounds like your child has yeast issues from what you discribe. many of those things went away with yeast treatment, or treating PANDAS if they are OCDish. if you still have loose stools that can mean either yeast or still having an intollerence or allergen in (again the nordic naturals would have been enough soy to do our son in on that one as well) what color are they? if brown I would suspect a food, if yellow or pale I would suspect yeast.

Recovering from Autism is a marathonNOT a sprint, but FULLY possible!Read more about it on my BLOGs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelkinghttp://foggyrock.com/MyPage/recoveringwisheshttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=677063169

help..help.. whith valtrex> > > Hi all.> Istarted valtrex 500mg per day from 3 weeks ago , but Istoped it when my son be very ill for7 days now with high fever > and Istopped evry thing because he doesnot eat just litle . I thought maybe his stomach will be tired with many supplements, diflucan and valtrex while he is sick ,I tried contact his dr. but no answer in the holiday .> please can any body tell me its right what Iam doing . or I should continue withe the valtrex if he ill .> And in the last time Igave him 500mg valtrex with 100 mg diflucan daily, but no developments just biting hand and was tired ,his age 5years and 7months> and the whight 20 kg.> Ishall be happy for any answer or sugesstion> my regards,> Amar>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.1/1868 - Release Date: 12/29/2008 10:48 AM

Can you suggest a probiotic free of milk and fish oil that is free of soy?

From: nm042 <sd042verizon (DOT) net>Subject: Re: help..help.. with valtrexTo: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 10:05 PM

>I thought I read somewhere that you shouls be weaned off of Valtrex and not just immediately stop it.> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: amaar buty <ammor78_22@ ...>> To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. com> Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 12:42:50 PM> Subject: help..help.. whith valtrex> > > Hi all.> Istarted valtrex 500mg per day from 3 weeks ago , but Istoped it when my son be very ill for7 days now with high fever > and Istopped evry thing because he doesnot eat just litle . I thought maybe his stomach will be tired with many supplements, diflucan and valtrex

while he is sick ,I tried contact his dr. but no answer in the holiday .> please can any body tell me its right what Iam doing . or I should continue withe the valtrex if he ill .> And in the last time Igave him 500mg valtrex with 100 mg diflucan daily, but no developments just biting hand and was tired ,his age 5years and 7months> and the whight 20 kg.> Ishall be happy for any answer or sugesstion> my regards,> Amar>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.1/1868 - Release Date: 12/29/2008 10:48 AM

kirmans has a soy free CLO, we use klaire labs detox support that is milk free and strep free, kirkmans also has some milk free ones, but many contain strep lines to

Recovering from Autism is a marathonNOT a sprint, but FULLY possible!Read more about it on my BLOGs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelkinghttp://foggyrock.com/MyPage/recoveringwisheshttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=677063169

help..help.. whith valtrex> > > Hi all.> Istarted valtrex 500mg per day from 3 weeks ago , but Istoped it when my son be very ill for7 days now with high fever > and Istopped evry thing because he doesnot eat just litle . I thought maybe his stomach will be tired with many supplements, diflucan and valtrex while he is sick ,I tried contact his dr. but no answer in the holiday .> please can any body tell me its right what Iam doing . or I should continue withe the valtrex if he ill .> And in the last time Igave him 500mg valtrex with 100 mg diflucan daily, but no developments just biting hand and was tired ,his age 5years and 7months> and the whight 20 kg.> Ishall be happy for any answer or sugesstion> my regards,> Amar>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.1/1868 - Release Date: 12/29/2008 10:48 AM

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.1/1869 - Release Date: 12/30/2008 12:06 PM