RemedySpot.com

Anyone doing this protocol can you please answer this question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son is 5 and about 43 pounds. We started Dyflucan 3 weeks ago yesterday and Valtrex 2 weeks ago. His Dan prescribed him 10mg of Dyflucan once a day and 1000mg of Valtrex a day (we are only at about 500 right now). I don't think this enough Dyflucan to help him in this process. I have contacted her about my concern and she says it is based on his weight and is the correct dose. All I read says "make sure you've got enough antifungal on board" during this process. I see no behavior or poop change since starting it. Except Christmas day he had diarrhea and stomach cramps but that was 11 days after starting the Dyflucan. Can you tell me what dose your child is on?

thanks

becky

Subject: Re: Dosing Diflucan/Fluconazole Help - thanks . . .To: mb12 valtrex Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 2:51 AM

There seems to be a lot of differences of opinion. My 40 lb son was rx'd 50mg/day by one doctor, and 100mg/day by another DAN! doctor who said to compare with 200mg/day to see which is more effective! We didn't ever go beyond 100mg/day, but I think his yeast is resistant to Diflucan because it doesn't seem to be working well for us anymore.PJ