RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Acyclovir making 2 year old crazy - Help!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It has been a while since I posted. I was wondering if the Valtrex has helped with your sons hyper sensitive hearing. We did it for 6 weeks and things seemed to improve for a while, but now his hypersensitive hearing seems to be getting worse. Wonder if we stopped too earlier. It really made our son a complete mess, I could not leave the house, he was sleeping maybe 2 -3 hours in 24 period. What virus does your son have.

Any info would be appreciated. We cannot get him into any programs because of the hearing.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf Of anngeewestSent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:24 AMTo: mb12 valtrex Subject: Re: Acyclovir making 2 year old crazy - Help!

Our son is extremely hyperaccoustic (hears like a wild dog I swear) and sensitive. The antivirals made this issue MUCH worse for about 6-8 weeks. He has been on it for 5 months now and we have 3 more weeks. He has peaks and valleys of being oversensitive and then we see improvement. Our Dr. tells us it is the viruses releasing from the nerves so they are active and in the die-off period and it causes sensory issues and all developmental issues for that matter, to be much worse. It's a process. I can't wait to get my kid off of it.>> We are trying Acyclovir (200 mg 1 time) on our 2 year old to treat a> possible virus in the inner ear (not ear infection) and PFAPA> (periodic fever syndrome). He has a sound/voice sensitivity at the 500> +- frequency range. His behavior is extremely erratic (bouncing off> the walls), happy one minute & very upset the next, insomnia, little> appetite and generally very unhappy. I think the loss of sleep is> really effecting him. The hearing sensitiviy is 10 times worse, if> anyone speaks to him he comes unglued. I am not sure if I should> continue or quit, we have been on it for almost 4 weeks. My questions:> > 1. Has anyone experienced extreme side effects? If so what.> 2. Did anyone use this for hearing sensitivities and see results?> 3. How long do you try this medication before you see results?> > They did say it could get worse before better, but I see no improvements.> > Any insight would be greatly appreciated.>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.comVersion: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.7.0/1684 - Release Date: 9/22/2008 6:39 AM