RemedySpot.com

Re: Susie-Berkey water filter + Cipro abx NEWS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I had severe spasms and weakness in my thighs and legs for at least six months. I could only get up off the toilet by stretching to reach the grab bar in the shower and pull myself up that way.

I also developed osteopenia during that time. Fluoride displaces the iodine in the bones.

Eighteen months later, I had a tendon rupture in the groin.

I had previously taken Levaquin with no problem. I now know that the difference was due to my being on hormone therapy. Steroids, including estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and cortisone, transport the toxin (fluoride) into the cells.

I was also slightly anemic. Again, the iron deficiency made it easier for the fluoride to enter my cells and create havoc.

Do consult with your doc and ask if it is otherwise appropriate for you to take iron and calcium, as they can help bind the fluoride.

My great primary care doc says that most antibiotics no longer work including the fluoroquinolones, due to their having been used in food animals and creating resistant strains of bacteria. He now mainly prescribes doxycycline and sulfamethoxazole/TMP (Bactrim) together when a broad spectrum antibiotic is needed. Doxycycline is dirt cheap, too. When those quit working, we are up $#!+ creek. . . . .

>> Would you mind telling me what your recaction to Levoquinn was? I had surgery wednesday and they gave me two IV's full of levoquinn - yuck...I was twitching unconrollably for hours and not sure what it was ....I knew it was either the Levoquinn or the blood thinner they gave me a shot of. Do you have ay suggestions for me on how to get that stuff out of my syster....I've been drinking a ton of water .....> > > Ellis Ecke, LPC, LCDC > Life Transformation Coaching and Counseling > www.stephanieecke.com > "Let the Transformation Begin!"> > > The content of this communication is privileged information between client and therapist. If you have received this message in error, please delete it immediately. Failure to disregard violates confidentiality privileges and is punishable by law. > > > > > > Re: Susie-Berkey water filter + Cipro abx NEWS> > > > > > Other fluoroquinolones include Avelox and Tequin.> I had a hideous reaction to Levaquin. > It was not an allergic reaction, but an untreatable toxic reaction. It was in fact fluoride poisoning.> I think we need to avoid recommending specific drugs. This is out of the scope of this group.

Guest guest

Im up that creek as well with the primary doc as Im not sure they ll know what to do with it either. I am on hormone therapy .25 mcg estradiol, and Im cutting down on that...I think I will take some iron for a couple of days because I also am slightly anemic. Im also on a bit extra calcium as my surgery was for two broken bones in my leg:((...already have osteopenia. Prayers are definitely appreciated.

Ellis Ecke, LPC, LCDC

Life Transformation Coaching and Counseling

www.stephanieecke.com

"Let the Transformation Begin!"

The content of this communication is privileged information between client and therapist. If you have received this message in error, please delete it immediately. Failure to disregard violates confidentiality privileges and is punishable by law.

Re: Susie-Berkey water filter + Cipro abx NEWS

>

>

>

>

>

> Other fluoroquinolones include Avelox and Tequin.

> I had a hideous reaction to Levaquin.

> It was not an allergic reaction, but an untreatable toxic reaction. It was in fact fluoride poisoning.

> I think we need to avoid recommending specific drugs. This is out of the scope of this group.

Guest guest

Just ask the doc about how much iron and calcium you should take.

It usually will take more than just a few days to correct a deficiency. I would suggest staying on iron until your next round of tests or three months.

> >> > Would you mind telling me what your recaction to Levoquinn was? I had surgery wednesday and they gave me two IV's full of levoquinn - yuck...I was twitching unconrollably for hours and not sure what it was ....I knew it was either the Levoquinn or the blood thinner they gave me a shot of. Do you have ay suggestions for me on how to get that stuff out of my syster....I've been drinking a ton of water .....> > > > > > Ellis Ecke, LPC, LCDC > > Life Transformation Coaching and Counseling > > www.stephanieecke.com > > "Let the Transformation Begin!"> > > > > > The content of this communication is privileged information between client and therapist. If you have received this message in error, please delete it immediately. Failure to disregard violates confidentiality privileges and is punish able by law. > > > > > > > > > > > > Re: Susie-Berkey water filter + Cipro abx NEWS> > > > > > > > > > > > Other fluoroquinolones include Avelox and Tequin.> > I had a hideous reaction to Levaquin. > > It was not an allergic reaction, but an untreatable toxic reaction. It was in fact fluoride poisoning.> > I think we need to avoid recommending specific drugs. This is out of the scope of this group.>

Guest guest

I am still very new to all of this, but from reading the posts in the 2 thyroid

groups, the message has come up over and over : quit taking synthetic thyroid,

get iron tested, get adrenals tested, get hormones tested, then proceed to get

everything working properly.

Also iodine comes up, but I know I'm not ready to deal with that one yet.

Now your post indicates a problem with the hormone therapy.

And calcium -- you can't do anything without reading how important it is to

women.

Holy cow, I believe I am more confused than ever.

I have an appt with one of the recommended docs very soon -- not completely sure

what to say yes and no to now.

Jan

> >

> > Would you mind telling me what your recaction to Levoquinn was? I had

> surgery wednesday and they gave me two IV's full of levoquinn - yuck...I

> was twitching unconrollably for hours and not sure what it was ....I

> knew it was either the Levoquinn or the blood thinner they gave me a

> shot of. Do you have ay suggestions for me on how to get that stuff out

> of my syster....I've been drinking a ton of water .....

> >

> >

> > Ellis Ecke, LPC, LCDC

> > Life Transformation Coaching and Counseling

> > www.stephanieecke.com

> > " Let the Transformation Begin! "

> >

> >

> > The content of this communication is privileged information between

> client and therapist. If you have received this message in error, please

> delete it immediately. Failure to disregard violates confidentiality

> privileges and is punishable by law.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Re: Susie-Berkey water filter + Cipro

> abx NEWS

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Other fluoroquinolones include Avelox and Tequin.

> > I had a hideous reaction to Levaquin.

> > It was not an allergic reaction, but an untreatable toxic reaction. It

> was in fact fluoride poisoning.

> > I think we need to avoid recommending specific drugs. This is out of

> the scope of this group.

>

Guest guest

You must be getting us confused with some other groups. No one in this group ever said to not take synthetics nor do we advocate everyone taking iodine. Your choice of thyroid meds is a highly individual matter.

For many years I have taken a combination of natural dessicated thyroid and synthetic levothyroxine. I only recently switched to compounded T3/T4 in olive oil capsules. This is an experiment. It is also insurance for the future. Dessicated thyroid may not always be available. I also may not have my great hormone doc and would be dependent on my great primary care doc to prescribe my thyroid meds. He is utterly unwilling to write for synthetic T3, but prescribes Armour or ERFA readily. I need to be able to say to him, "I have been on this before and this is what I need." I am a dead woman without some T3. . . . .

This came up when Armour was unavailable. He flat refused to write for Cytomel. I then found compounded dessicated thyroid and ERFA. He was glad to write for either of those and wrote me a generous script for the ERFA. He wrote the compound from WIP for some of his other thyroid patients.

I really like my hormones and will not give them up lightly. But if I absolutely had to take a fluoroquinolone, I would stop the hormones while I was on the fluoroquinolone and then go back to them. The problem is not with the hormones, but with that class of antibiotics.

Again, the choice to take bio-identical hormones is a highly individual matter.

My best advice in that matter is to find a doc who knows what he is doing, starts with low doses and increases slowly. If he prescribes too aggressively, be prepared to put the brakes on and say, "I am very sensitive to anything new. We need to start on a lower dose." Hypothyroid folks typically have difficulty tolerating prohormones such as progesterone and DHEA.

> > >> > > Would you mind telling me what your recaction to Levoquinn was? I had> > surgery wednesday and they gave me two IV's full of levoquinn - yuck...I> > was twitching unconrollably for hours and not sure what it was ....I> > knew it was either the Levoquinn or the blood thinner they gave me a> > shot of. Do you have ay suggestions for me on how to get that stuff out> > of my syster....I've been drinking a ton of water .....> > >> > >> > > Ellis Ecke, LPC, LCDC> > > Life Transformation Coaching and Counseling> > > www.stephanieecke.com> > > "Let the Transformation Begin!"> > >> > >> > > The content of this communication is privileged information between> > client and therapist. If you have received this message in error, please> > delete it immediately. Failure to disregard violates confidentiality> > privileges and is punishable by law.> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Re: Susie-Berkey water filter + Cipro> > abx NEWS> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Other fluoroquinolones include Avelox and Tequin.> > > I had a hideous reaction to Levaquin.> > > It was not an allergic reaction, but an untreatable toxic reaction. It> > was in fact fluoride poisoning.> > > I think we need to avoid recommending specific drugs. This is out of> > the scope of this group.> >>