RemedySpot.com

went to the Dr today.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, all i went to see the Dr today and she is conserned about my DHEA and she wants be to try cortisol said my thyroid look ok. but i told her i wanted to try a little increese of thyroid med. she said ok and we can try that but if i start to feel shakey is to call her. and she look at my vitamins and mineral and told me that i need more b12 and that should help some with the adernals. and she wants me to try taking 7-keto dhea but i need to look on the computer about that. if this does not help with my dhea to lower it then are next thing is to go on cortisol. and i gave her my labs for this heart screening that i had done at the Hospital that was free all my Glucose and chol hdl hdl/chol and trig

and ldl -cholesterol look real good. so. that is all for now. hope all are doing ok. take care.

Hi, All

I got my lab work in . i need to get appointment set up with the Dr i will call in the morning.

Cortisol-Am 8.7 (6.2-19.4)

Teatosterone,serum 32 ( 8-48)

TSH 0.009 (0.450-4.500

Progesterone 14.4 Post meno

Estradiol 19 .7

DHEA-sulfate 287. 4 ( 35.4-256.0) red flaged

Triiodothyronine,free, serum 3.7 ( 2.0 - 4.4 )

T4, free (direct) 1.06 ( 0.82-1.77)

% free testosterone 1.83 ( 0.50-2.80) %

testosterone, free 0.59 ( 0.10- 0.85)

now . i feel a little tired and hir is a little dry and some hair loss not a lot. and at times water eyes but i think that is allerges becouse that comes and goes. if i am reading this right i think i need for thyroid med . doe any one know if the t4 med torent is still on the market ? mybe i can talk to the Dr about adding some t4 with what i have. i will talk to her i hope i can see her next week. Thanks all have a good day.

Guest guest

The cortisol being low is a bigger concern than the DHEA being slightly over range. I would ask for the hydrocortisone (cortisol) presciption in a heartbeat. It should help you tolerate the increase in your thyroid med. For an 8:00am cortisol, 15 is the minimum good level.

For hypo/Hashi folks, the prohormones, DHEA, progesterone, pregnenolone, often do not convert well, so we need less of them and more of the target hormones, estrogen, testosterone, cortisol.

I don't know if you realize how difficult it is to find a doc willing to write for hydrocortisone. And she is willing to increase your dose. Who is your doc? She sounds great. I hope you tell her how great she is, bake her some cookies, or maybe send her a nice note.

>> Hi, all i went to see the Dr today and she is conserned about my DHEA and she > wants be to try cortisol said my thyroid look ok. but i told her i wanted to > try a little increese of thyroid med. she said ok and we can try that but if i > start to feel shakey is to call her. and she look at my vitamins and mineral > and told me that i need more b12 and that should help some with the > adernals.  and she wants me to try taking 7-keto dhea but i need to look on the > computer about that.  if this does not help with my dhea to lower it then are > next thing is to go on cortisol.   and i gave her my labs for this heart > screening that i had done at the Hospital that was free all my Glucose and chol > hdl hdl/chol and trig and ldl -cholesterol look real good.   so.  that is all > for now.  hope all are doing ok. take care.> >  > >  > Hi, All> > I got my lab work in . i need to get appointment set up with the Dr i will call > in the morning.> > Cortisol-Am              8.7 (6.2-19.4)> > Teatosterone,serum   32 ( 8-48)> > TSH                0.009 (0.450-4.500> > Progesterone    14.4  Post meno> > Estradiol          19 .7  > > DHEA-sulfate   287. 4   ( 35.4-256.0)    red flaged> > Triiodothyronine,free, serum     3.7  ( 2.0 - 4.4 )> > T4, free (direct)        1.06 ( 0.82-1.77)> > % free testosterone   1.83   ( 0.50-2.80) %> > testosterone, free   0.59     ( 0.10- 0.85)> > now . i feel a little tired and hir is a little dry and some hair loss not a > lot.   and at times water eyes but i think that is allerges becouse that comes > and goes. if i am reading this right i think i need for thyroid med .     doe > any one know if the t4 med torent is still on the market ? mybe i can talk to > the Dr about adding some t4 with what i have. i will talk to her i hope i can > see her next week.  Thanks all have a good day.>