RemedySpot.com

Re: Thyroid and Sjogrens

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

No recommendations for you.

FWIW.. my eyes watered horribly - one in particular - until I was on a good dose

of thyroid medication.

Once that happened.. my eyesight even improved as well as the watering has been

gone.

Have you tested your thyroid lately?

Guest guest

Joan, It could be allergies - the watering eyes. With Sjogrens, you just don't have the tears.  The most common cause of watery eyes is allergies.  And, the dry throat can be due to the drainage from the sinuses due to allergic reactions:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/228009-dry-throat-remedies/Pollen and fungus have been quite high this summer.  And, if you have adrenal issues, then that makes it much more likely for you to have allergies. 

Certainly, if you have a family history of Sjogrens or have arthritic symptoms, as well, then you might insist to be tested, but there is no real effective treatment.If you are worried about other autoimmune diseases that go with autoimmune thyroid disease, then you absolutely should be tested for celiac, which is the most common autoimmune disease associated with all the other autoimmune disorders.  Many with sjogren's, MS, RA, Lupus, etc. will go into remission when they go on a GF diet.  A GF diet has been shown to reduce the antibodies associated with auto-immune thyroid disease.

B

Hi, all

I would like to know how do you get tested for sjogrens.   i went to this eye Dr yesterday but i want to get  2 opinion  the eye Dr told me that my right eye is watering because it is to dry but did not do a strip test to test for sjogrens when i told him i have hypo.    and my throat is a little dry.  i will be going to the lab in the morning to get my thyroid blood work done.  then when the test comes in i will make a Dr appointment to go over test and i have to tell the Dr my symptoms. but would like to know who is the best Dr i can see to test me for eye disease, i just like to stay on top of things . Thanks for any advice so i know what to say to the Dr.  Thanks.

Guest guest

Thank you very much. i will get that check out also , i have been wanting to do it any way. and i don't think there is a family history of Sjogrens but trying to find out about family history from my Aunt is like pulling teeth. and she still does not understand why i want to know more about my famliy histroy like my grandmother side or grandfather side she thinks that haveing just my mothre and my father side is good enough. not me i would like to know who had what or any medical conditions , there is no harm in that . some people don't get the thyroid thing at all and she thinks i am going over bored on my research and i should only read a book or wedsite made by Dr 's any way thanks all for you help. i better go and get that

blood work done.

Thanks again for you help every one. i realy mean it from the bottom of my heart. sometimes you just need to lean on someone who is going thrw the same thing as some people don't get it. Thanks

To: Texas_Thyroid_Groups Sent: Mon, June 11, 2012 10:23:11 AMSubject: Re: Thyroid and Sjogrens

Joan, It could be allergies - the watering eyes. With Sjogrens, you just don't have the tears. The most common cause of watery eyes is allergies. And, the dry throat can be due to the drainage from the sinuses due to allergic reactions:http://www.livestrong.com/article/228009-dry-throat-remedies/Pollen and fungus have been quite high this summer. And, if you have adrenal issues, then that makes it much more likely for you to have allergies. Certainly, if you have a family history of Sjogrens or have arthritic symptoms, as well, then you might insist to be tested, but there is no real effective treatment.If you are worried about other autoimmune diseases that go with autoimmune thyroid disease, then you absolutely should be tested for celiac, which is the most common autoimmune disease associated with all the other autoimmune disorders. Many with sjogren's, MS, RA, Lupus, etc. will go into

remission when they go on a GF diet. A GF diet has been shown to reduce the antibodies associated with auto-immune thyroid disease. B

Hi, all

I would like to know how do you get tested for sjogrens. i went to this eye Dr yesterday but i want to get 2 opinion the eye Dr told me that my right eye is watering because it is to dry but did not do a strip test to test for sjogrens when i told him i have hypo. and my throat is a little dry. i will be going to the lab in the morning to get my thyroid blood work done. then when the test comes in i will make a Dr appointment to go over test and i have to tell the Dr my symptoms. but would like to know who is the best Dr i can see to test me for eye disease, i just like to stay on top of things . Thanks for any advice so i know what to say to the Dr. Thanks.

Guest guest

If I have had dry mouth due to Hashimoto's it's very mild sporatic dry mouth

compared to Sjogren's. With Sjogren's swallowing solid food is next to

impossible without liquid intake. Also, with Sjogren's, dry mouth feeling is

constant every day, not just during the day or night.

> >

> > I have Sjogrens antibodies,Hashimoto, and Graves antibodies going at

> > the sametime during flare ups. You can test for Sjogrens with a blood

> > test Anti-SS-A/Anti-SS-B. It is extremely difficult to tell the

> > difference between hashimoto and sjogrens, because the symptoms are

> > very similar. If I can keep my Hashimoto antibodies down, it tends to

> > turn off the antibody attacks of the other two.

> >

>

Guest guest

I have Sjogrens, and was diagnosed by a rheumatologist. There are a couple different ways they check – one being a small biopsy, along with bloodwork. The dry eyes/dry mouth is predominant, but there are other symptoms as well. I saw Dr Fan in Dallas and liked him a lot.